My reply from the Bird at the Financial Times .

reddrock

Dear Andrew

Thank you for your email and taking the time to write. I was merely pointing out that if the club brings in some new players paid in aggregate £100,000 a week, the company might struggle to reach analysts' forecasts.

Best wishes

Kate

On 17 December 2012 16:37, Andrew Duncan

wrote:

> I wont keep you long , Just wish to point out rangers have never paid

> a player 100K per week , Proper research would have enabled you to be

> aware of this.

>

>

>

> But its the old adage , don’t let the facts get in the way of an article .

>

>

>

> A.Duncan

--

Kate Burgess

Financial Times

Email her back and ask her to edit the piece and add the word aggregate. And also define it. Does she mean the aggregate for the entire squad? Two players? Three? Four? She just doesn't do numbers which is worrying for a financial newspaper.

Dear Andrew

Thank you for your email and taking the time to write. I was merely pointing out that if the club brings in some new players paid in aggregate £100,000 a week, the company might struggle to reach analysts' forecasts.

Best wishes

Kate

On 17 December 2012 16:37, Andrew Duncan

wrote:

> I wont keep you long , Just wish to point out rangers have never paid

> a player 100K per week , Proper research would have enabled you to be

> aware of this.

>

>

>

> But its the old adage , don’t let the facts get in the way of an article .

>

>

>

> A.Duncan

--

Kate Burgess

Financial Times

well done mate. But say we bring in 15 players on100k "on aggregate" - where's the problem? Stupid woman knows nothing about anything. Tell her to get the dinner on.

well done mate. But say we bring in 15 players on100k "on aggregate" - where's the problem? Stupid woman knows nothing about anything. Tell her to get the dinner on.

We play something like 25 home games per year, so they would need to bring in an extra £200,000 per match in ticket sales and TV revenue. That means about £4 extra on the ticket price, and £72 extra on the season ticket price. When we are back in Europe, that is an extra home and away match for every qualifying and knock-out stage we get to, and 3 home and 3 away matches for the group stage, with associated extra gate and TV revenue. If we can manage that, and I guess we probably can, then there is no problem. If we can't, then there is a problem. I guess you should reply saying that those numbers are most likely achievable and see what she says.

We play something like 25 home games per year, so they would need to bring in an extra £200,000 per match in ticket sales and TV revenue. That means about £4 extra on the ticket price, and £72 extra on the season ticket price. When we are back in Europe, that is an extra home and away match for every qualifying and knock-out stage we get to, and 3 home and 3 away matches for the group stage, with associated extra gate and TV revenue. If we can manage that, and I guess we probably can, then there is no problem. If we can't, then there is a problem. I guess you should reply saying that those numbers are most likely achievable and see what she says.

when we are back in the top flight wouldn't you expect out top 15 players to be earning circa 100k a week? Or do you see a wage cap of some sort?

when we are back in the top flight wouldn't you expect out top 15 players to be earning circa 100k a week? Or do you see a wage cap of some sort?

Yes I do, and having run through the numbers on the back on an envelope, I think we will be able to afford it with the extra money that comes in.

I have replied to the said women and put your figures in pointing out our ticket prices before SFL3 , I await the reply which I shall of course post .

Nonsense, and just trying to cover herself.

Our current wage bill is £7m; lower than Hearts! Even if we added an aggregate £100k per week to that, we would have a wage bill of £11m...half of what it was when previously in SPL.

She has little knowledge of football finances and even less knowledge of Rangers and therefore should not have been writing a fucking article about us...that said, how many of Scottish tabloid press could the exact same accusation be levelled at!

Just read your post on this thread. You do realise it says £100k PER WEEK, not per year? 15 players at £100k per week would be a total of £78m per annum which is utter nonsense.

Just read your post on this thread. You do realise it says £100k PER WEEK, not per year? 15 players at £100k per week would be a total of £78m per annum which is utter nonsense.

The jouno is aggreggating the totals - as I then did in my £100K comment.

So (for example) 15 players would be on a total of 100K a week =£5.2Million per annum.I realise we are not Chelsea.

Aye... You telt her facts..and she didnae listen...sounds like every wumin ive ever known.. Tragic but true.. Facts scare the unwashed..

She knows only one fact; the fact is she's a tim.

Why is it that ONLY in Scotland, which is unlike ANY country in the world - can you tell the religion of someone, pyooorly by their answer. Strange eh.....