Charlie's speech

simplythebest

(tu)

People who would be happy about us selling our soul for a quick buck are nothing short of a disgrace. Imo it was perfectly timed, got people talking didnt it?

Yes if talking about Ubber Fans and causing further fracture of the support was the goal it was a great success.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i like the Union Bears and TBO protesting against Green was a fucking disgrace.

If they have 10-15 million to give Green instead of selling the stadium name i'm all for that and would actually prefer it....Step up TBO & UB!!!

Why do you keep going on about 10-15 million?

The prices that have been quoted are between £1m & £1.5m.

Please stop spreading these lies.

I was for changing the name until I heard something that Ally said. Ibrox isn't just a stadium, it's also a memorial to a lot of folk that lost their lives.

We can't change the name. Ever, for any price.

The restructuring of the stadium and surrounding area is the memorial to those who lost their lives. So it will never happen again. Not the name of the stadium. It's called Ibrox stadium because it is a stadium located in Ibrox. If a company wants to pay us to put a sign up to sponsor their business/product what's the problem? You would still get off the subway at Ibrox. You would still walk up Edmiston drive and look up at the famous Bill Struth Main stand.

It's no different from having Tennents next to the badge on our tops, it's still the Rangers famous Blue jersey.

I was for changing the name until I heard something that Ally said. Ibrox isn't just a stadium, it's also a memorial to a lot of folk that lost their lives.

We can't change the name. Ever, for any price.

Ally said he was open minded.

I fail to see your point here, is the memorial we have going to get removed if the naming rights are sold? If not i think it's a bit poor taste to use the disaster to further your opinion.

The restructuring of the stadium and surrounding area is the memorial to those who lost their lives. So it will never happen again. Not the name of the stadium. It's called Ibrox stadium because it is a stadium located in Ibrox. If a company wants to pay us to put a sign up to sponsor their business/product what's the problem? You would still get off the subway at Ibrox. You would still walk up Edmiston drive and look up at the famous Bill Struth Main stand.

It's no different from having Tennents next to the badge on our tops, it's still the Rangers famous Blue jersey.

I'm likely overreacting but bringing the disaster into such a debate seems rather below the belt.

I fail to see your point here, is the memorial we have going to get removed if the naming rights are sold? If not i think it's a bit poor taste to use the disaster to further your opinion.

I think it's a bit poor to accuse the poster of using the disaster to further his opinion.

The poster says that he wanted to change the name, until he heard what Ally McCoist said.

Are you accusing Ally of using the disaster to further his opinion?

I think it's a bit poor to accuse the poster of using the disaster to further his opinion.

The poster says that he wanted to change the name, until he heard what Ally McCoist said.

I've no idea what context Ally mentioned this but he's already said he's open minded.

The disaster and memorials surrounding that are not changed in the slightest by naming rights.

Bloody hell GB. That's not normally like you... :unsure:

Was Ally referencing the name of the stadium specifically?

Anyway, I think I'll leave this debate now, and maybe revisit it again if Rangers make any formal announcement on the idea.

But one last point before I go - we don't currently need the money - and when you have more cash than you need, often you spend it unwisely.

Flo anyone?

When Celt*c are bringing in more than £20 million this season and a potential to do the same next then we need to branch out all areas that can bring in revenue if we are to compete when we get back to where we belong.

Hate to break this to you but that money will be going straight to Fritzels pockets. They spent a shitload of cash chasing us for 3 years, with no CL money and double the wages we were paying, ironically enough they even boasted about it.

Hate to break this to you but that money will be going straight to Fritzels pockets. They spent a shitload of cash chasing us for 3 years, with no CL money and double the wages we were paying, ironically enough they even boasted about it.

You can say what you like but they are trading very well and selling players they were picking up for peanuts for inflated prices.

I hate them as much as the other but I am not blinkered with hatred to ignore how fae we will be behind them if they continue the way they are in financial terms.

Anyway, I think I'll leave this debate now, and maybe revisit it again if Rangers make any formal announcement on the idea. (tu)

But one last point before I go - we don't currently need the money - and when you have more cash than you need, often you spend it unwisely.

Flo anyone?

Let's go with the Flo til something concrete is declared on this. ;)

I'm open minded too. But Ally's point is a valid one, that should definitely be in the equation.

Not for me, the memorial is there and always will be, we will hold tributes on anniversaries as we always have done.

For that to be in the equation is saying changing the naming rights would diminish the memory of those who died, which is nonsense.

It might have been Walter rather than Ally, it was defo one of them.

I was 100% up for changing the name until I heard this. I'm in no way using it to up my opinion, I'm just saying why my opinion changed on the matter.

That was my exact replym which you will see above.

I do confess I might be wrong about it being Ally who said it, but if it wasn't him, then it was Walter. Dedo one of the two who said it. I'll need to try find the quote.