No recognised striker untill 70th minute

jackunion

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a 'Utility'player he has scored 23 goals this season. CM is NOT and NEVER will be a position that Jig is comfortable in, You have to have time on the ball to spray passes around and that wasn't available in midfield yesterday and rarely is in SFL3.

I agree that normally in sfl3 there's no space for him at CM but I don't think this was the case yesterday

I agree that normally in sfl3 there's no space for him at CM but I don't think this was the case yesterday

Not sure which game you were watching. I think too little credit has been given to QP for their defending and too much focus on a relative off day for the whole team. The point still stands that Jig is not a CM and should never be played there (I would play Neil Alexander there before Jig).

This is how I would like to see us set up at all times:

Alexander

TheGreek Faure Cribari Wallace

McKay Hutton MacLeod Templeton

Sheils McCulloch

McCulloch is a good goal-scorer. Sheils, Templeton, and McKay will provide the crativity. Hutton and MacLeod can pass the ball around no problem whatsoever. The defense is a bombscare but we can't change that until we can bring more players in. That line-up, for me, is more than strong enough to win this division and the next.

I like Little but I think Sheils and McCulloch are our strongest forward pairing.

Other than Alexander and Wallace the entire defence needs replacing. We need to get Sandaza, Kyle, Goian, Boca, Cribari, and Black off the books. Free up some money to get younger, better, players in.

This is how I would like to see us set up at all times:

Alexander

TheGreek Faure Cribari Wallace

McKay Hutton MacLeod Templeton

Sheils McCulloch

McCulloch is a good goal-scorer. Sheils, Templeton, and McKay will provide the crativity. Hutton and MacLeod can pass the ball around no problem whatsoever. The defense is a bombscare but we can't change that until we can bring more players in. That line-up, for me, is more than strong enough to win this division and the next.

I like Little but I think Sheils and McCulloch are our strongest forward pairing.

Other than Alexander and Wallace the entire defence needs replacing. We need to get Sandaza, Kyle, Goian, Boca, Cribari, and Black off the books. Free up some money to get younger, better, players in.

I'd like to see a midfield and attacking line of:

Hutton Macleod

McKay Shiels Templeton

Little

Skill, creativity from the 3 behind the striker and all 4 being mobile to be able to run and create space for each other.

Ok the best way to describe a player like jig is to call him a utility player, and IMO yesterday he would have been best "utilised" in CM to pass the ball out to both wings on a very big park to our 2 fast wingers

Jig is terrible in CM. The job you have described could have been done by anyone in the team, passing the ball to the wings isn't, IMO, an attribute a player possesses, it is a tactical decision made by the manager (tu)

Not sure which game you were watching.I think too little credit has been given to QP for their defending and too much focus on a relative off day for the whole team. The point still stands that Jig is not a CM and should never be played there (I would play Neil Alexander there before Jig).

(tu)

Glad I wasn't the only one who recognized that.

Why wasn't temps played on the wing yesterday ? With a park that size he should be,

Why was one of our best passers of the ball played upfront ? With a park that size he should have been used to spread to ball out to McKay and temps on the wings.

Ok you may argue that mculloch is our top scorer but I'm sure he's scored the majority of those goals from midfield,

It's all very simple stuff if you ask me

Yesterday was pisspoor for the fans to watch and we where lucky to walk away with 3 points

Who would you have played up front in answer to your own question

I wondered how long it would take for someone to pick up on this, I thought about editing it after I posted it but decided who'd be the picky cunt,

Right midfielder and left midfielder then

Oh no no, i wasn't having a go at you mate. It was more a dig at the shite tactics. We played with one winger in McKay on the left and a centre midfielder in Crawford on the right only he wasn't on the wing. The poor lad was completely lost. We played for 65 minutes with only one winger.

Oh no no, i wasn't having a go at you mate. It was more a dig at the shite tactics. We played with one winger in McKay on the left and a centre midfielder in Crawford on the right only he wasn't on the wing. The poor lad was completely lost. We only played with one winger.

Aird was on the wing was he not ??

Oh no no, i wasn't having a go at you mate. It was more a dig at the shite tactics. We played with one winger in McKay on the left and a centre midfielder in Crawford on the right only he wasn't on the wing. The poor lad was completely lost. We played for 65 minutes with only one winger.

Fair dooz

True but if Ally had played him up front with Jig fans would be moaning because the lad was out of position! :lol:

Given the injuries with forwards and the resolve of what must be the second ugliest team in the world would he not be better placed playing Temps where he did for this game given that he has scored from the same position before.

We all wanted him for his wing play but we never knew how good Barrie is