No recognised striker untill 70th minute

jackunion

Why wasn't temps played on the wing yesterday ? With a park that size he should be,

Why was one of our best passers of the ball played upfront ? With a park that size he should have been used to spread to ball out to McKay and temps on the wings.

Ok you may argue that mculloch is our top scorer but I'm sure he's scored the majority of those goals from midfield,

It's all very simple stuff if you ask me

Yesterday was pisspoor for the fans to watch and we where lucky to walk away with 3 points

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wasn't temps played on the wing yesterday ? With a park that size he should be,

Why was one of our best passers of the ball played upfront ? With a park that size he should have been used to spread to ball out to McKay and temps on the wings.

Ok you may argue that mculloch is our top scorer but I'm sure he's scored the majority of those goals from midfield,

Yesterday was pisspoor for the fans to watch and we where lucky to walk away with 3 points

Jig has scored literally no goals from midfield this season FWIW.

Agree about temps on the wing though. Thats where he should be at all times

Have you been watching any games this season ? i dont think super lee has played in midfield once? Hes been upfront or in defence to cover injuries.

Have you been watching any games this season ? i dont think super lee has played in midfield once? Hes been upfront or in defence to cover injuries.

He filled in in midfield once or twice mate. and he was nowhere near as effective.

IMO he is one of our recognised strikers this season, and to say otherwise about our top goalscorer is pretty weird lol

Jig has scored literally no goals from midfield this season FWIW.

Agree about temps on the wing though. Thats where he should be at all times

Ok fair enough on jigs, but I still reckon he should have been in the sitting role he normally plays, he's the best long range passer we have and with both wingers on a park the size of Hampden yesterday's game would have been wrapped up no bother and more entertaining for the fans that turned up

Mcculloch has either scored from up front or cb. We can't play him in cm because he is too slow in possession.

I agree re Templeton though. Couldn't understand that yesterday....no width down our right was so noticeable.

Aluko was superb in that role just behind the main striker but to get the best out of Templeton he is better playing more as a winger away from the congestion in the middle of the park.

Ok fair enough on jigs, but I still reckon he should have been in the sitting role he normally plays, he's the best long range passer we have and with both wingers on a park the size of Hampden yesterday's game would have been wrapped up no bother and more entertaining for the fans that turned up

NONONONONO.

Sorry mate but jigs worst position is in midfield, he simply can not play there with the team we have.

temps for me should stay in the middle, poor yesterday but extremely good in the middle the games before, with 3 or 4 assists and as many goals.

no other option for upfront, little,kyle both injured and sandanza is a very poor player, couldnt even hit the target from 12 yards when he got on.

As stated I stand corrected with jigs,

You could also argue that he's been our best centre half this season so would you call him a central defender ?

Jigs IMO is and always will be a CM regardless of how many goals he's scored in the striker position

You could also argue that he's been our best centre half this season so would you call him a central defender ?

Jigs IMO is and always will be a CM regardless of how many goals he's scored in the striker position

What are you smoking? He was horrendous at centre back and has never ever ever been a centre midfielder in his life.

So what in your opinion went wrong yesterday ?

Cause it was fuckin shit to watch and should be no excuse for it

we had no width. We really missed Lewis MacLeod, and Shiels. Temps should have been played on the wing.

BUT. IMO nothing went wrong yesterday, we won the match away from home. It just was not the best performance from the players. if we can play in 2nd or 3rd gear and still win the match, then it can't be all bad.

8 weeks ago i would have been worried at half time of us dropping more points, I think we have got over that hurdle.

What are you smoking? He was horrendous at centre back and has never ever ever been a centre midfielder in his life.

Jig has been no way horrendous at CB mate he's been no worse than recognised CB that play there.

So Walter has played him out of position for his entire rangers career then ?

McCulloch has hardly been in midfield, only for short spells and he's not any better than Hutton or Black at passing a ball. He is also a striker ahead of any other position.

Templeton played behind the striker in previous games and played well and scored goals. I think the reason he was played there is because in the middle we have no forward creativity. He also played there most of his youth according to McCann so it's not an unfamiliar position to him.

Jig has been no way horrendous at CB mate he's been no worse than recognised CB that play there.

Horrendous may have been harsh but he wasn't great.

Not entire no, he started for us where he played for Wigan but that didn't last long before he was shoehorned into the middle.

The lad is a born and bred striker. Ally seen the error of Walters ways. :sherlock:

:lol:

Remember how Jig spent around three seasons in midfield for us? And remember how everybody cringed every time he was named in the starting XI?

Jig started his career as a striker, moved to left mid - where he has played for the majority of his career, including his first season with us and when he was in the Scotland team. He has only ever played CM for us for 2 seasons out of ver 16 seasons. So aye, he is and always will be a centre midfielder.

Have you lost it?

And he is a better CB than he is a midfielder. Midfield is his worst position, every Rangers fan will agree.

Hold on, is that you Walter?

Yes, apart from his first season when he played left mid.

The same as he played Novo out of position, the same as he played Broadfoot out of position, the same as he tried to make Whittaker a Right winger when he first signed, the same as he played Papac (admittedly, that one worked) out of position. And am sure there is a lot more that can be added to that list. Walter was famous for playing players out of position.

Did you not watch us play at all under Walter?

Ok the best way to describe a player like jig is to call him a utility player, and IMO yesterday he would have been best "utilised" in CM to pass the ball out to both wings on a very big park to our 2 fast wingers

As a 'Utility'player he has scored 23 goals this season. CM is NOT and NEVER will be a position that Jig is comfortable in, You have to have time on the ball to spray passes around and that wasn't available in midfield yesterday and rarely is in SFL3.