True Class

AlBear.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/jack-praise-for-mccoist/

Elgin City manager Ross Jack has praised Rangers Manager Ally McCoist for the reception he gave his players after Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Ibrox despite the Borough Briggs side dancing a jig of joy on the Ibrox turf.

After going down to ten men when Paul Harkins was sent off before half-time Stuart Leslie was credited with a late equaliser for the Moray men to end Rangers’ perfect record at home in the Third Division this season.

The Elgin players celebrated on the pitch at the final whistle as if they had won a Cup Final before running to their fans and McCoist waited in the tunnel to shake the hand of the entire Elgin squad and congratulate them on their performance.

Jack said: “I am sure that Ally was disappointed at dropping a couple of points especially with conceding a late goal but he took the time to greet our players when they came off. When you consider their celebrations and the fact they went over to the other side of the pitch to wave to our fans he was kept waiting for quite a few minutes.”

“That tells you a lot about the character of Ally and Kenny McDowall, who stayed with him, and our players thought it was great. A lot of talk in football is about money but gestures like that one showed Ally’s class and what is good about the game.”

I await the pessimist loyal getting upset about losing 2 points. Nobody would have been hurting more than Ally, yet he still shows class and dignity.

This is how Champions act, this is how Rangers managers should act. We should all follow his lead.

Our manager, a class above.

:mccoist:

Proud to have you as our manager Super.

http://www.scottishf...se-for-mccoist/

I await the pessimist loyal getting upset about losing 2 points. Nobody would have been hurting more than Ally, yet he still shows class and dignity.

This is how Champions act, this is how Rangers managers should act. We should all follow his lead.

I wouldn't have it any other way :7325:

Not many managers in the game that would wait to shake hands with every one of the opposition team after a bad result, especially when they have taken their time in leaving the pitch at the end (totally understandable).

Ally McCoist is a true Ranger so I suppose this sort of thing shouldn't be a surprise to any of us. However the fact that the Elgin chairman and manager have felt the need to show their appreciation towards him shows us how highly they regard him and our club.

You just had to get your snidey dig in at the end like we shouldn't be upset at losing two points at home to Elgin.

Class from Super as always.

I got it in at the start. ;)

Wasn't a "dig" we were all upset, none more so than Ally. He still had the class and dignity to congratulate the Elgin players on their performance.

I got it in at the start. ;)

Wasn't a "dig" we were all upset, none more so than Ally. He still had the class and dignity to congratulate the Elgin players on their performance.

Don't want to derail a positive thread but there was no need for that comment,not a dig :lol:

I can remember Ally doing this before,was it not after an old firm game?

Don't want to derail a positive thread but there was no need for that comment,not a dig :lol:

I can remember Ally doing this before,was it not after an old firm game?

Apologies if that comment put you off. (tu)

The man is sheer class. This doesn't surprise me, but having other managers and teams recognise the way he conducts himself as Rangers manager makes me so proud to have him as our manager. Says a lot about our opponents in SFL3 aswell.

http://www.scottishf...se-for-mccoist/

well done ally

History will judge how good/successful a football manager ally will be but as an ambassador/figure head/leader of our club their are no words to describe the class and dignity the man has shown in troubled times...little gestures like this sets him apart and hopefully more positive stories like that will reach the mainstream media.