Stella being released

FirrhillLoyal

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news, could have been the next Kerkar. :craphead:

It does call into question (again) McCoist's choice of signings. I do genuinely worry about him getting a large sum of money and blowing it on absolute rubbish.

I know this boy didn't exactly cost us a fortune, but i think my point still stands.

Maybe McCoist could do with some help, maybe someone in a director of football type role, a less expensive version of Damien Comolli (and obviously someone who doesn't spend millions on shite like Comolli!)

Sad news, could have been the next Kerkar. :craphead:

It does call into question (again) McCoist's choice of signings. I do genuinely worry about him getting a large sum of money and blowing it on absolute rubbish.

I know this boy didn't exactly cost us a fortune, but i think my point still stands.

Maybe McCoist could do with some help, maybe someone in a director of football type role, a less expensive version of Damien Comolli (and obviously someone who doesn't spend millions on shite like Comolli!)

Ally may be the manager , but did not recommend the signing nor was he one of the head scouts players.

Stella, who is from Melbourne but has Italian parents, came to Scotland via Italy having started in the youth system in Chievo and then moved to Siena.

The Aussie played regularly for Tommy Wilson’s reserve side last year, playing nine games, and scored two goals but he did not manage to make it into a first team squad.

Now McCoist is letting him go to pursue his career elsewhere.

He said:  “Francesco has made it clear to us that he is disappointed at the lack of first team matches which I totally understand.

“We will not stand in his way because we feel at this stage he wouldn’t benefit the first team.

“He is in the process of leaving the club now and he goes with our best wishes.”

We gave him a shot to prove himself. He failed in the eyes of our manager and coaches.

Good luck to the boy in his career.

End of.

Maybe he asked to leave after not breaking into the first team?

It was always bound to happen with someone because we had to take a chance on some unknown players due to our situation.

I'd rather see McKay, Hemmings or Naismith get a few games than a foreign player anyway.

Maybe he asked to leave after not breaking into the first team?

It was always bound to happen with someone because we had to take a chance on some unknown players due to our situation.

I'd rather see McKay, Hemmings or Naismith get a few games than a foreign player anyway.

(tu)