***Official EL Classico Match Thread Spanish Cup***

Columbo

Nueva_equipaci%C3%BDn_del_Real_Madrid__2012-2013.jpgbarcelona-home-shirt-2012-13.jpg

Wed 30th January (First Leg) + Tues 26th/Wed 27th Feb (Second Leg)

I know we have an Official European Football Thread but if any match deserves its own thread its this one.

Barca have been very impressive all season dropping just five points in the league and progressing naturally through the Champions League & Spanish Cup. Unlike Real Madrid who have floundered in the league dropping 20 points already (six more than they dropped in the whole of last season). However Real have better form in recent El Classico matches suffering only one defeat in the last four matches between the sides.

Real's only realistic hopes of silverware are in both this tournament and in the Champions League making this game more important to them but Barca still have realistic hopes of another treble winning year.

Slightly biased as I've always preferred Real Madrid to Barca but I think Mourinho's team will get through this one just about (tu)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to see which goalies start for both sides. Iker seems to have regained his place but the whole Adan spectacle is still very recent and I wonder whether Valdes will return considering its a Classico or whether they'll stick with Pinto.

Anyone see a Classico penalty shootout as well? Would be class (tu)

FANBOYS!

:lol:

Pinto will start both games, as will Adan if the rumours are true that Casillas is going to miss the United games due to injury.

Just read up on it now. Adan will need to put in a couple of big performances as he's been a bit suspect since he's come into the squad. Pinto's alright not the best but couldn't do anything about the couple of Malaga goals last night.

Considering the keepers between the sticks we could see even more goals than you average Classico (tu)

Ronaldo could be out for this. I fear for Madrid. If they lose this game (and the tie) would the board accept it and keep Mourinho?

In my opinion I think he'll stay to the end of the season and then depart. Even if Madrid crash spectacularly and bomb out to both Man Utd & Barca there's not much point in making a change straight away is there?

May as well wait till the end of the season (tu)

In my opinion I think he'll stay to the end of the season and then depart. Even if Madrid crash spectacularly and bomb out to both Man Utd & Barca there's not much point in making a change straight away is there?

May as well wait till the end of the season (tu)

Actually, there probably is. Unless the next manager they want is currently with another club of course. But they might want to get a new manager in and if so, replace Mourinho and let the new manager have the final number of games to try and put his stamp on the team and get to know the players.

Actually, there probably is. Unless the next manager they want is currently with another club of course. But they might want to get a new manager in and if so, replace Mourinho and let the new manager have the final number of games to try and put his stamp on the team and get to know the players.

He won't be able to sign any new players though until the summer so he'll be pretty much stuck with what he's got which'll limit his ability to put his own stamp on the team.

I can see where you're coming from but there'd be little point, sacking Mourinho know as opposed to letting him walk away in the summer (as I think he'll do) would also save the club big time in terms of avoiding a huge pay off (tu)