Ludicrous statement by Ally

gsa

considering the team that eck was told to dismantle, id argue that he was in a worse predicament and still got us another title in the SPL

we are winning the 3rd division by default, but at times we are being massively shown up by guys doing this for pocket money

what do you think black, sandaza and kyle are on a week combined? and have they earned their crust so far (truth now, no lying)

this journey was a chance to completely change the ethos of how we were as a club, drafting in fantastic youths and playing the game the right way, bringing back the entertainment to ibrox with flowing football thats good on the eye

everyone harps on about us losing 26 players, how many were from the first team

boca

goian

shagger

naismith

lafferty

whittaker

edu

papac

theres 8 players you could consider starters from last season, ally had the opportunity to bring in replacements for these players, he brought in

cribari

faure

argiryou (sp)

templeton

black

kyle

sandaza

shiels

so again there is 8 players that should effectively be good enough to start considering we brought them into the club, 5 of them have vast knowledge of the scotish game and the cloggers that go with it

and yet we are relying on 18yo boys and a 35 lee mcculloch to carry us

it simply hasnt got any better since the start of the season, sure we are top of the table blah blah blah, but there is no future outlook to this team, we cant exactly turn round and say "aye they need a couple of seasons to mature", i certainly dont want to see us waste 2-3 years playing shite like sandaza and kyle when we could be blooding a youngster in they same years, the titles will come as default to us because of our spending power, but only if we spend it correctly, and simply having a short term, 1 year at a time, outlook is simply not the way to go

So romping the league cant be used as a measure ? strange concept as if we were struggling I could give more credence to your points - but we arenot struggling.

You go onabout our spending power but Ally has a squad scrabled together - nowif he had a couple of transfer windows to sort out the issues then perhaps we have the informationonwhich to judge him. He is romping this league (which you discount) with a scrambled together squad and many of those senior players whom you quote have had longish spells out injured.

I think Ally has done enough to warrant our patience.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite amazing the broad spectrum of opinion.

Some people have said perviously that this is the easiest time to be Rangers manager. Others, like myself, believe it is in fact harder than any other manager has ever had to endure.

On the field of play he or the players can't get it much easier ;)

So romping the league cant be used as a measure ? strange concept as if we were struggling I could give more credence to your points - but we arenot struggling.

You go onabout our spending power but Ally has a squad scrabled together - nowif he had a couple of transfer windows to sort out the issues then perhaps we have the informationonwhich to judge him. He is romping this league (which you discount) with a scrambled together squad and many of those senior players whom you quote have had longish spells out injured.

I think Ally has done enough to warrant our patience.

we are romping a league by default, and as for the squad, we should never be signing journeymen for a project like this

we play 1 up front against part timers, along with the continual long ball to a striker that cannot hold it up very well, these are tactical flaws that mccoist still sees but doesnt fix

we have the second biggest playing wage budget in scottish football, yet we'd struggle to finish top 6 in the SPL right now, do you think its money well spent

It's quite amazing the broad spectrum of opinion.

Some people have said perviously that this is the easiest time to be Rangers manager. Others, like myself, believe it is in fact harder than any other manager has ever had to endure.

And a broad spectrum of opinion is what should be expected under the circumstances. We inhabit opposite ends of the spectrum. Ally had a huge task during the uncertainty of administration etc and he was quite magnificent in offering a rallying point for the entire club. We will always be indebted to him for that, but its in the past and he should now be judged by footballing matters alone. We are walking the league, as expected, but frequently our performances are not convincing either tactically or in terms of effort. We have full time pros some of whom look less fit than their part-time counterparts.

Those drawing comparisons with SAF's early tenure at Old Trafford seem to have forgotten SAF's record before he went there though.

Those drawing comparisons with SAF's early tenure at Old Trafford seem to have forgotten SAF's record before he went there though.

comparing the two is fucking ludicrous anyway, SAF had to build a team while keeping united in touch with the top teams in the english top division at the time, he wasnt playing against part timers and guys who barely train compared to his own guys

Don't agree with the sack Mcoist stuff but in defence of the anti ally brigade lets be serious for all I love ally and Walter before him lets get real we have been playing devensive turgid shite for years. At this level with the players we have we should be putting on a show ( at least at ibrox) and humping these teams out of sight.

Bedoya, McKay, Goian, McMillan, Beattie, Ortiz, Cribari, Stella, Sandaza, Argiryou, Templeton, Faure, Kyle, Celik...Players signed by McCoist who have either flopped or are flopping.

Aluko, Bocanegra, Shiels, Wallace...Players signed by McCoist who are doing ok/did well only 2 of them still at club presently.

And yet still some persist with the give him time shite, if McCoist gets his hands on £10m he will blow it on pish washed up fucking nobody journeymen, his track record in the transfer market is second to none, MCoist is not the man to build a Rangers team for the future if you had given the budget for these payers to ANY other manager in the SPL, he would have built a team with it. Forget the fact that a lot of the players left due to Administration, they were fucking pish before that happened. The warning signs were there against Malmo and then Maribor, and then Falkirk..then a mid season collapse(Which by the way began before Administration)..then Queen of the South, Inverness, Stirling Albion blah blah blah, McCoist needs to move upstairs as a director or something before he ruins the club for years to come.

Edit: Forgte to mention the playing everybody out of position, left wingers on the right, right on the left, strikers on the wing wing backs in midfield, fuck me this list could go on and on.

Bedoya, McKay, Goian, McMillan, Beattie, Ortiz, Cribari, Stella, Sandaza, Argiryou, Templeton, Faure, Kyle, Celik...Players signed by McCoist who have either flopped or are flopping.

Aluko, Bocanegra, Shiels, Wallace...Players signed by McCoist who are doing ok/did well only 2 of them still at club presently.

And yet still some persist with the give him time shite, if McCoist gets his hands on £10m he will blow it on pish washed up fucking nobody journeymen, his track record in the transfer market is second to none, MCoist is not the man to build a Rangers team for the future if you had given the budget for these payers to ANY other manager in the SPL, he would have built a team with it. Forget the fact that a lot of the players left due to Administration, they were fucking pish before that happened. The warning signs were there against Malmo and then Maribor, and then Falkirk..then a mid season collapse(Which by the way began before Administration)..then Queen of the South, Inverness, Stirling Albion blah blah blah, McCoist needs to move upstairs as a director or something before he ruins the club for years to come.

Edit: Forgte to mention the playing everybody out of position, left wingers on the right, right on the left, strikers on the wing wing backs in midfield, fuck me this list could go on and on.

You are ignoring the fact that he had craig whyte doing the deals in his first transfer window. In his second transfer window we were looming towards administration, with whyte still doing the deals. And then in his third transfer window we didn't even have a league til a couple weeks before the start of the season and he had to replace the whole squad. Hardly fair to judge his record in those circumstances.

You are ignoring the fact that he had craig whyte doing the deals in his first transfer window. In his second transfer window we were looming towards administration, with whyte still doing the deals. And then in his third transfer window we didn't even have a league til a couple weeks before the start of the season and he had to replace the whole squad. Hardly fair to judge his record in those circumstances.

I agree it's unfair to judge ally on transfers to this point based on everything you said above and also the difficulty of attracting players to play in division 3 this year.

Alot of people are wanting ally out...that I feel is an overreaction however where you certainly can question him is with his team selections, style of play and tactical awareness....these are all things that will have to significantly improve.

I could accept some of your points if we were up against full time pros. We are not and there are times when the school teachers and bakers that make up our opponents look fitter and more motivated. At this level there are few excuses for playing players out of position as often as he does. If you accept that too many of our performances are lacklustre and unconvincing then who do you blame if not Ally? Maybe you think we're playing great stuff?

I agree it's unfair to judge ally on transfers to this point based on everything you said above and also the difficulty of attracting players to play in division 3 this year.

Alot of people are wanting ally out...that I feel is an overreaction however where you certainly can question him is with his team selections, style of play and tactical awareness....these are all things that will have to significantly improve.

It's fair to question. That isn't my problem.

My problem is with those who have a clear agenda. They don't rate McCoist (never have) and just want him replaced. They will use any reason they can to make this point.

I could accept some of your points if we were up against full time pros. We are not and there are times when the school teachers and bakers that make up our opponents look fitter and more motivated. At this level there are few excuses for playing players out of position as often as he does. If you accept that too many of our performances are lacklustre and unconvincing then who do you blame if not Ally? Maybe you think we're playing great stuff?

I blame myself. My positive attitude has made Rangers soft.

I blame myself. My positive attitude has made Rangers soft.

I think this is where you let yourself down mate...why not provide justification for your opinion? Why not say what you see that makes you positive about how things are going? When you make these kind of responses it strikes me as someone who has tunnel vision in their views and is unwilling to discuss/debate on others points.

So whats not 'good enough' aboot 20 points ahead at the top of the league. Any manager of any club in any league on any planet would be getting massive plaudits not only from their own club but from all clubs for such an achievement :pipe:

To paraphrase, there are lies, damned lies and then statistics........but here are a few more for you.

Our total wage bill is greater than that of all other teams in the third division combined.

Our total wage bill is the second highest in the country.

Our squad is the biggest in the third division.

We are the only full time team in the division.

We cannot break the record points total in the third division set by Gretna.

Gretnas wage bill was considerably less than ours.

Gretnas squad was smaller than ours.

EVERY game should be a canter. Our players should be technically better, coached better, fitter and faster than our opponents. We should be gutting teams and enjoying watching it. What we are seeing is nowhere near acceptable by our standards so please don't try and say so otherwise. Next week will tell us lots about where we actually are. There should be no issues with players raising their games for this one. With the money we are shelling out on coaching staff we should be tactically better and there is no good reason why this squad of players shouldn't be able to go toe to toe and beat Dundee Utd.

I think this is where you let yourself down mate...why not provide justification for your opinion? Why not say what you see that makes you positive about how things are going? When you make these kind of responses it strikes me as someone who has tunnel vision in their views and is unwilling to discuss/debate on others points.

People have said numerous times that those of us "accepting failure or mediocrity" are the problem. Is it true that I accept Rangers failures? No. But I have the perspective to see why the challenges we are facing are not as easily remedied as some on here believe.

I've gone over why the criticisms and judgements of McCoist and the players aren't fair, imo, numerous times in numerous different threads in my short time on RM. If people want to ignore them I will not spend my time repeating myself over and over.

Get off this shit I keep letting myself down. I am who I am and anonymous people on the internet will not change me.

Football is a funny game.yesterday we hit the post twice keeper pulled of a couple of cracking saves and we fucked about in the box with a few other chances.in my opinion we didnt play that bad for the first hour and if we take our chances we win the game comfortably.as for Montrose there goal was an absolute fucking peach nothing any1 could have prob done to stop it.everyone keeps referring to these part time players as baker,butchers etc they are professional players.the dedication of most of the part time players is there to see for every1 to see now I'd bet these boys are out doing extra fitness work this season preparing themselves for four games against us.for some of these its s chance of a lifetime and maybe even get a move to a big club because of the media coverage.as for ally he'll be the first to admit its not going well with some of the players he has brought in but what can he do about it fuck all his hands are tied and have been since he took the job.every manager we have ever had has signed bad players and spent more cash on fees and wages than ally.in my opinion if the lawell doesn't change the league set up we will be promoted job done this season then onto year 2 get more experienced players in to help the young boys coming through.if we are playing ing the top league in 3 years time and ally is still here I'll be happy if the same happens and ally's not here I'll still be happy because no man is bigger than the club and ally will still be 1 of my many rangers heroes.watp

People have said numerous times that those of us "accepting failure or mediocrity" are the problem. Is it true that I accept Rangers failures? No. But I have the perspective to see why the challenges we are facing are not as easily remedied as some on here believe.

I've gone over why the criticisms and judgements of McCoist and the players aren't fair, imo, numerous times in numerous different threads in my short time on RM. If people want to ignore them I will not spend my time repeating myself over and over.

Get off this shit I keep letting myself down. I am who I am and anonymous people on the internet will not change me.

Well in that case you can't complain when posters criticise you or use the term "über" fan in a derogatory sense...you are clearly a passionate rangers fan with a positive outlook on things who has made some great posts but when you make responses like you do here...you insinuate that those who don't have the positive opinion that you have are in the wrong. There is often a sarcastic and belittling tone to your responses and that's when people get annoyed and that's why sensible debates turn into slagging matches.

Whyte may have done the deals but did he identify the players? Did Whyte tell McCoist what players he was getting or was it the other way around? Whyte doing the deals is not fucking excuse mate, if Whyte had failed doing the deals the players wouldnt be at Ibrox, I recall only one or two players McCoist wanted but didn't get ie Goodwillie and Holt. Not even close to a reasonable excuse.

all this shit about playing players out of position is pish. players should be able to adapt little has done not bad on the right anyways.

they are getting paid decent wages to go out and kick a ball.

jig has been played in 3 different positions this year and previous years and always manages to do a good job because he knows what it means to play your heart out.

so i cant see how moving someone from CB to a RB makes them all of a sudden a shit player. they must have been shit in first place to me

I still back Ally dont see any reason he should go. Everybody knew what Ally tactics wer going to be when he became manager exactly the same as walters.

but ally was given a transfer window in the summer to fix it BP, if there are any flaws now, which there are plenty, then it is his transfer dealings that caused them

as for competition for first team places, surely the young boys provide that, its not like the players think "we'll never use boys because its the SPL" etc, the young guys that have broke through so far have shown that they can be used in the 3rd division

Ally was hardly given a fair shot at the transfer window this summer - we wee scrabbling about for players al August and on quite a restricted budget with 26 players to replace and not every player we could targey was willing to come to SFL3.

I am surprised you think there is enough competition for places when we can barly fill the bench some weeks - its an opportunity to play the kids but they are hardly really pushing - I think we need a biigger squad with more depth OR if we are relying onthese kids then we need time to develop them. The kids we have used have all shown promise (and that is great to see) but many are a far way away from displacing the likes of Sandaza, Sheilds,Templeton, Little, Cribari, Wallace (or Big Lee when fit - and Black has proven a dissapointment but every manager cant get themallright!). For example Perry (whom I would consider a prospect not a first choice) has little or no competition thus is getting the game time to develop but is not there yet.

Whyte may have done the deals but did he identify the players? Did Whyte tell McCoist what players he was getting or was it the other way around? Whyte doing the deals is not fucking excuse mate, if Whyte had failed doing the deals the players wouldnt be at Ibrox, I recall only one or two players McCoist wanted but didn't get ie Goodwillie and Holt. Not even close to a reasonable excuse.

How can I argue with that. :rolleyes:

Best not to comment any further for risk of another slanging match that will be all my doing again.

And to be fair getting pissed off having to justify why I don't rate McCoist as a manager, if the turgid fucking football, inabilty to string two passes together, no improvement, consistently playing players out of position, surrendering a huge lead in the SPL, getting knocked out of every cup competition he entered including the bastard RAMSDENS CUP to utter shite, signing fucking duds on big wages then releasing them without kicking a ball, consistently playing one striker and a long ball technique against fat amateurs, inability to motivate players and months and months of below par, no effort shite on the eye garbage we play isnt enough to justify it then fuck me I don't know what will.

And save me the fucking big lead, no pre season ooooo the turmoil we went through pish it's January 2013 Whyte and admin are long gone and we are still fucking god awful.

In all my life I have NEVER been embarrassed by Rangers and I've checked to see if I'm unthinking ,Nope it's true NEVER .The guy scored with a wonder goal and if Sandaza scored with one of his 15chances we wouldn't be slating Ally .Get off his back and support the team

Unirea? Not embarrassing?

we are romping a league by default, and as for the squad, we should never be signing journeymen for a project like this

we play 1 up front against part timers, along with the continual long ball to a striker that cannot hold it up very well, these are tactical flaws that mccoist still sees but doesnt fix

we have the second biggest playing wage budget in scottish football, yet we'd struggle to finish top 6 in the SPL right now, do you think its money well spent

I see this as a 4 year project so that when we get back to the top we are competitive - and I would agree we dont have a team capable of competing at the top of the SPL - but I would add the word YET! It is a work in progress, the kids need that time to develop and we need a few transfer windows to strengthen. I think we have a great bunckof kids - well worth their wages - only player I think not contributing atm is Black but Sandaza needs to score a few or he may drop away as well - but I also dont expect the manager to get every transfer decision right either - Black should have been goodenough - Ally dropped him yesterday that may sharpen his attitude up.