Gareth Bale

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is ridiculously overrated to the stage I hate him because of it.

He has had enormous hype for 3 years now and in the first year of that he had 1 assist in the whole year. Absolutely ridiculous.

He's been living on 4/5 games for the last few seasons and is very one footed IMO. He's on really good form just now but I wouldn't put him anywhere near the top 10 in the world until he starts doing it at seasons at a time.

Good player in very good form (although he was poor last night, goals aside). Not convinced he's a world class talent but I'd sure like to see him have a chance to prove it.

Also, adopting Ronaldo's hair and free-kick stance is just embarrassing. Somebody give him a slap, please.

Good player in very good form (although he was poor last night, goals aside). Not convinced he's a world class talent but I'd sure like to see him have a chance to prove it.

Also, adopting Ronaldo's hair and free-kick stance is just embarrassing. Somebody give him a slap, please.

(tu)

His urge to be Ronaldo is highly embarrassing, I'd have hoped someone would have pulled him aside and given him that slap.

Hopefully he does not get too ahead of himself because he's not as good as he clearly thinks he is.

Cristiano-Ronaldo--Christian-Bale.jpeg

Yeah i've noticed that in recent games. However, I actually think Bale's technique is close to surpassing Ronaldos. He isn't quite getting the same level of power (when you see this size of Ronaldos thighs though, its no wonder), but the swerve he's getting on the ball and the accuracy is better than Ronaldos IMO.

I'd love to see Spurs keep Bale. He'd go for around 30-40million I reckon (long contract, very young etc.), and to be honest could they replace him and improve the squad with that kind of money? Potentially yes if spent right, but if I were AVB i'd be telling Levy to keep onto him unless a ridiculously irresistable offer comes in (say 50million plus)

Ronaldo's freekicks are just a poor attempt to replicate Juninho's style.

With rational thoughts like the above, you're opinion is bound to be taken serious.

Well when everyone is wanking over someone whos decent at best (3 seasons ago) then its going to piss you off. Add diving and general opinion on him then I would say I dislike him.

Can't get past the facts, 1 assist in a whole season, or at least 3/4 of it at the time I heard it and hardly any goals either.

One of the biggest young talents in the world.

Bale only turned 23 this summer. Ronaldo turns 28 this week.

The comparisons are not ridiculous and it's not totally inconceivable that he will reach that level, but the suggestions that he is in the same bracket as Messi/Ronaldo at the this point in time are embarrassing.

(tu)

His urge to be Ronaldo is highly embarrassing, I'd have hoped someone would have pulled him aside and given him that slap.

Hopefully he does not get too ahead of himself because he's not as good as he clearly thinks he is.

Other reasons why I dislike him.

One of the biggest young talents in the world.

Bale only turned 23 this summer. Ronaldo turns 28 this week.

The comparisons are not ridiculous and it's not totally inconceivable that he will reach that level, but the suggestions that he is in the same bracket as Messi/Ronaldo at the this point in time are embarrassing.

I suppose the difference is, Messi and Ronaldo were the best players in the world by the time they turned 23. Bale isn't even the best player in England. They were clearly destined to be the best players in the world, Bale is not so clearly destined.

It is not inconceivable that he could reach that level, but the comparisons ARE ridiculous.

I cant believe people think he's arrogant. He seems like one of the most grounded players in the EPL. Interviews with him he seems very humble and always deflects praise onto the team rather than himself.

Okay maybe he shouldn't copy Ronaldos haircut, but people saying his free-kick style is the same have obviously not realised Ronaldo stole his from Juninho

I could see him going the same way as Modric if he went to Madrid which would be a pity.

I don't think he'll stay at Tottenham but I'd like to see him do so, I think AVB is building them up slowly and big things will happen there and keeping Bale will help them achieve (tu)

Well when everyone is wanking over someone whos decent at best (3 seasons ago) then its going to piss you off. Add diving and general opinion on him then I would say I dislike him.

Can't get past the facts, 1 assist in a whole season, or at least 3/4 of it at the time I heard it and hardly any goals either.

He's got 18 goals this season. <cr>