£7m loss so far

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There really is no problem with this, especially on my part.

This year there are a lot of one of costs as part of being a new company and especially when taking on a business the size of Rangers, and the weekly monthly costs that entails. Taking aside the one off costs, what Green & co. constantly rant on about is growing the revenue streams so looking at our revenue income should be one of our main areas for focus right now:

2iaz71s.jpg

Revenue

1. Gate receipts and hospitality:- In 7 months the club have pulled in £6.5m from this avenue which, in 7 months alone, which isn't too bad a figure. Obviously, costs have been cut to a mere £15-£16m, and costs weren't the only thing to receive adjustments. Match ticket and general ST prices were slashed too in co-ordination with the club featuring in SFL3 this year. It's can't work out if the figure of £6,411m includes ST sales. Regardless if it does though, as we move through the league's and ticket prices gradually increase this avenue will also provide great income. Say, in future, the average ST price out of 3 price brackets for Adult, Child and Concession is £250 (merely an average for arguments sake), and 38,000 ST holders purchased an ST that would result in £9.5m being raked in... that figure is not include single match gate receipts and is the current overall revenue figure. So, that is just one same example of how this revenue stream will grow.

2. Sponsorship & advertising: Again, with us playing in the 3rd Division, coupled with less TV coverage, some sponsors weren't keen and decided to drop out of their sponsorship of the club, maybe I imagined this in the summer. Also, less companies etc would see it as an advertising opportunity. However, taken from an individuals statement at the beginning of the document, the club managed to retain sponsors by agreeing readjustments of contracts so at the end of the day, is it really a shock to see a mere £381k being pulled in from this area? For me it is not. Again, as we rise through the leagues and begin being on the receiving end of more TV coverage etc sponsorship money will rise and also the numbers of sponsors and money from advertising will rise. Again, an area that will grow as we continue our rise. Nothing to worry about.

3. Broadcasting rights: Let's not beat about the bush. Already, it can be seen that playing our football where we are IS affecting our revenue streams - but not to a detrimental effect and in fact many will rest in the knowledge that our revenue streams will bask in huge levels of growth over the next 3/4/5 years. The issues Scottish football had with TV Broadcasters in the summer was well documented and unless I've missed it, the real figures from the adjusted broadcasting deal has not been revealed and apparently Doncaster and Liewell are the only individuals who know the details of it. This figure was always going to be reasonably low compared to previous years and again it will grow as we move up through the leagues. Another aspect of our TV games that has been documented, more so by our own supporters, is the significant number of viewers our games receive and in fact has been higher than all, and if not all, then 95%+ of Scottish games broadcast this season. Charles Green has constantly expressed a determination to increase this area dramatically by perhaps breaking free of the SPL and co.'s TV deal and securing our own. He also plans to expand and improve the RangersTV opportunity. This area will dramatically improve in the coming seasons. Watch this space.

4. Commercial & Retail: Avenues in which Green wishes to improve vastly and one in which I feel the current regime have great experience in an ideas for. The interim results are only for 7 months worth of the financial year and the end of year results will show a much larger picture. Without knowing what is being filed under "commercial", it could cover a lot of aspects that will vastly improve as we rise through the leagues. With the deal signed and under way with Sports Direct, Puma and Blackthorn there are already strides being made. Puma will do far more for the club than Umbro did and the same can be said for Sports Direct & JJB. Our retail, marketing and what not are heading in a far better direction and will grow as well. Also, as I type this, I read Rangers have agreed a deal for Stadium Sponsorship with Sports Direct.

Wrapping it up, the recurring theme here is the highly certain growth that will take place. Of that there is no doubt. Green & co are constantly on about growing revenue and looking for ways to increase it out with the already natural growth that will occur.

When comparing our performance, what's the point in comparing results to that of Celtic, Manchester United and what not? We are not at that level. We are not competing at the "top" of our nation, we are not competing in Europe and haven't been this season. What we should be doing is comparing ourselves to our competitors in our league and even as far up as 4th place in the SPL. We might be running at a £7m loss for this period averaging at £1m a month but that is something which most definitely be made up as early as next year. This club has great revenue and growth potential and the current regime notice this, far more than what previous regimes have. Despite making a loss, all of us should take huge comfort from the fact that we have £21m in the bank, or had as at 31st December. Now, it's likely it will be around £18m+. With pre tax profits of £9m and it being only a mere 2/3 months until ST money is coming in again which will boost the cash at bank for the club higher and for as long as this is the case we could return to the top flight of Scottish football with a substantial amount of money the club has as long as costs are maintained at this current level and do not exceed say £20m.

These results are exciting. Forget what the BBC tell you, forget what all Scottish media outlets tell you. Listen to financial experts. The business plan that Green says these results are in accordance with has attracted £17m from institutional investors who will have studied every single aspect of this business plan.

Pre tax profits of £9m, with £20m odd in the bank with all income revenues substantially reduced because of where we are is not something that should be of concern to anyone.

We have a very bright future ahead of us (tu).

I don't remember buying any apples! How much did I actually pay? Sounds like I got a fair deal so perhaps I shouldn't worry too much?

If you didn't buy them, they were improperly registered in your name. Under SPL Rule 1B.BB, as amended by the Timothy Regulations of 2014 (backdated), you now owe me £100.

If you didn't buy them, they were improperly registered in your name. Under SPL Rule 1B.BB, as amended by the Timothy Regulations of 2014 (backdated), you now owe me £100.

And you will be stirpped of you title so can no longer be called "mister"

The cheque is in the post!

You've missed the £1.6m capitalised as intangibles, much of which will be Wallace, Templeton etc. The £2.8m you quote will be the football debts for players etc. no longer with us. So CG's statement will be broadly correct. You need to understand the numbers better before slagging CG unnecessarily. :P

Robert Peston hasn't been on the BBC for a while.

I think we now know he's been on this forum rather than doing the day job.

Nice to have you on board and thanks for the summary ( even if I don't fully understand it) :)

When i saw the early reports on this i have to admit i was shocked but after reading the RM financial wiz kids assesments i feel much better :D

Nah mate get yersel ower tae kfs they know all there is to know about Rangers, Boss knows nothing mate.