Nicky Law would be tempted by a move to Rangers

bluenose_72

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. But a payoff will be cheaper than holding on to him for 3 more years no?

Maybe but it's expensive, I remember hearing Beattie cost about £1 million to pay off so that was £2 million all in for someone who hardly played.

I can't see any teams who were interested in these players before hand taking them if they have watched us this season.

The players might not move either if they cant get the same wages elsewhere.

Maybe but it's expensive, I remember hearing Beattie cost about £1 million to pay off so that was £2 million all in for someone who hardly played.

I can't see any teams who were interested in these players before hand taking them if they have watched us this season.

This is another problem with modern football, players ave far far too much power.

Any other job in the land, If you are not doing your job well enough, you can be sacked with no compensation. but if a footballer does not do his job right, he can dig his heels in and rape his emplyers for millions.

Bain must have given a fortune out in pay offs during the McLeish and Le Guen time.

This is another problem with modern football, players ave far far too much power.

Any other job in the land, If you are not doing your job well enough, you can be sacked with no compensation. but if a footballer does not do his job right, he can dig his heels in and rape his emplyers for millions.

Yip.

Look at Malouda at Chelsea, training with the youth team earning close to £90k a week because they can't shift him until his contract runs out.

Yip.

Look at Malouda at Chelsea, training with the youth team earning close to £90k a week because they can't shift him until his contract runs out.

It's not right. Footballers as with any other employees should be allowed to be given their notice and moved on if the boss feels they are not pulling their weight.

I was speaking to a Motherwell fan there in work about him, he seems to think he's a cracking player but wont join us as he's heading towards the Championship apparently.

Anyway, he turned around and said to me "he's an attacking midfielder, but the game would just pass him by if he played for you's, since all you're going to do is pump the ball up to Daly and McCulloch all game". I honestly had no reply to that. :anguish:

Everyone can see what our tactics consist of!

So we stick with him? He and a few others don't deserve to wear the shirt mate.

Maybe we get a manager that can get the best of him.

His old boy had him playing well, so why can't McCoist?

I would not class getting paid what you are due as having too much power.

Although I agree in principle that players should be held accountable for their performances, how on earth would you determine if they had failed to deliver - it is all so subjective.

Paying off players was systematic of the problems with the previous board, however it does not mean that the policy was wrong. It showed that we were signing crap players and were not using them, but paying them off was the right thing to do, as long as the club did not have to pay up their full contract.

Would be pleased with him signing. Had the unfortunate position of being dragged to a well game on a stag do and even though I cant remember much he was one player that stuck out.

Choosing to completely ignore SPL football this season is biting me on my arse a bit :lol: Can't say I've even heard of him tbh

Nicky Law set up both Motherwell goals against Pacific Shelf the other week, he's a very skillful player. I'd be pleased with this one.

Nicky Law set up both Motherwell goals against Pacific Shelf the other week, he's a very skillful player. I'd be pleased with this one.

Getting him at a good age too, just had a wee look at Wiki. 68 appearances and I've never heard of him? :lol:

I never even skipped the shitty highlights when we were in the SPL.

Hopefully I was day dreaming and missing evidence of a decent player.