Sandaza Once Again

RockwellGers

I watched the highlights of yesterday's game there. From what I saw over the 10 minute program big Fran was getting right in about it, smashing header, another diving header attempt that could have been spectacular, some nice jinking runs and one or two cut backs which could certainly ended in a goal...

What do folk think of his performance yesterday, was I just seeing the good bits and the rest of his game was pish? I've not seen much on here that is complimentary and I'm genuinely interested in how he did overall.

Will be watching the full game tomorrow but if I was to judge by that 10 minute program he looked well up for it.

I honestly think he has ability but as I said in the match thread to get the best out of him we need to play him with a partner! Despite his height he is not a target man and he tends to come short to get on the ball and needs someone to play ahead of him and run in behind (little/Hemmings)..

Needs a partner. Wants to come deep and get involved, and can certainly do that with good effect, but when you are the only man up front it can leave the team without a spearhead.

Not one for giving it all the Football Manager 2013 talk that you get on here but I do honestly believe him and Little could be dynamite together.

i feel sorry for the guy in all honesty as you can see he has goals in him but so low in confidence and all alone up front. He reminds me of Mark Hateley in his first season with us. The boo boys were there then and are here now and i would never boo a Rangers player or team no matter how bad they were so i hope he sticks around and becomes a goal scoring machine.

I watched the highlights of yesterday's game there. From what I saw over the 10 minute program big Fran was getting right in about it, smashing header, another diving header attempt that could have been spectacular, some nice jinking runs and one or two cut backs which could certainly ended in a goal...

What do folk think of his performance yesterday, was I just seeing the good bits and the rest of his game was pish? I've not seen much on here that is complimentary and I'm genuinely interested in how he did overall.

Will be watching the full game tomorrow but if I was to judge by that 10 minute program he looked well up for it.

Highlights must have flattered him. He was his usual shite self. In the 3rd division he should be scoring every game. He's a walloper.

Highlights must have flattered him. He was his usual shite self. In the 3rd division he should be scoring every game. He's a walloper.

disagree mate he is a player who need may i say it an ally to play off up front but has been left stranded and made to look shit cause we are protecting our pish defense so much.

He is trying but is a confidence striker in that he needs to maybe relax a bit.

I dont think he is keen on playing at Ibrox in front of big crowds.

This to me seems phsycological ,but with a partner to support him he may make it.

For a big guy seems easily pushed of the Ball.

Been dissapointing for me.

Bar a header ( as close as we we came to scoring to be fair), I have described him as everything from 'a shade off the pace in everything he does',...to 'wasteful',....to 'lacking genuine fight'.

I feel I watch him more closely than others as I actually thought he'd be a good signing the first time his name cropped up. I watched him yesterday thought and every time he had the ball he gave it away.

2 moments stuck out.

• We are attacking on the break and he gets the ball played to him on the edge of the 18 yard box and he clears it by 20 yards with a wayward pass.
  • He gets in ball outside the box in the middle of the field, beats 2 players then misplaces a pass over 5 yards so that once again our attack comes to nothing through him giving it back to them.

Seems to do the hard bit but the basics are woeful, I think a lot of that comes down to the way we play though.

If we changed our style of play he could come good but as things stand he's not the right man to have up front. We need someone to wrestle the ball off the defense and have a go, Sandaza couldn't win a header most of the time and when he gets the ball to his feet he'll pass it to the opposition 4 times out of 5. He always seems to allow himself to be marked tightly so he has no where to go except make a wayward pass as well.

I can't think of one time where he got himself in a position where he could have a dig yesterday and that team have lost 6 of there last 7.

We could talk about confidence and style of play but in honesty he's showing himself up as much as the other factors have influenced.

hes surrounded by nothing we have such a big gap hes trying to hold a ball up for what 5secs and has two defenders on him so hes trying to put it in general direction. I could be wrong and hes just pish but he is one guy that should be up front every week with a partner as i reckon hed prove the doubters wrong.

:lol:

The highlights made him look good aye. Even if he was as bad as you say for the rest of it, that was 4 or 5 really good contributions, which at best could have seen him score 2 and set up 2. I think if he stays with us for the next few seasons he will settle and be an asset, the guy's certainly got ability!

I honestly think he has ability but as I said in the match thread to get the best out of him we need to play him with a partner! Despite his height he is not a target man and he tends to come short to get on the ball and needs someone to play ahead of him and run in behind (little/Hemmings)..

This

I agree with you pretty much but when your talking about one of our players performance you can only call it as to how it was. I reckon he'd probably come up good in the right style, but if Ally's not changing the style, then he isn't going to work out.

I thought at first he was unfit yesterday after the brief good start we made, after the salmon leap though I've came to the conclusion he is probably deeply frustrated with it all including himself.

2 solutions - we change our play, or we take him out and replace him with a ball winning chaser.

i reckon we are just as frustrated as he is, i want to see them all playing well as they have it in them but something is missing and i dont think anyone knows including our bosses know what. You see Ally getting slated on here along with his players but in reality we aint got clue whats going on maybe hes told him hey your gone at end of season and hes like well fine fuck ya, who knows.