Scottish FA Board statement on league reconstruction

If you look at the names on their panel, you would NOTICE ('notic'?? :matron: ) four of them are bead-rattling Tarrier-loving bastards. :7325:

The odd mistake is merely to gouge ;) if people read my posts................only four? But being serious yip serious for a minute, surely to fcuk some journalost ;) would question how this panel can be independent, if these immigrants sit on this to make a decision that they have already voted on.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only media rights. One unified body would create a safety net to prevent bankrupt SPL clubs following our route to SFL3 by only going down 1 Division. The rush is because some SPL clubs and/or the SPL itself are facing imminent financial ruin.

Potentially, if this went through in June. Aberdeen could go Newco in July, get booted to Div2 and be back in the SPFL1 before us.

This is a very good point. Are they pushing for reconstruction because they are aware of clubs going into admin in the near future and want to ensure that they don't suffer the same fate as us ?

This is a very good point. Are they pushing for reconstruction because they are aware of clubs going into admin in the near future and want to ensure that they don't suffer the same fate as us ?

In my humble opinion - absolutely. Tying in with the SFL will give them guaranteed Rangers TV Rights but I think now its blatantly obvious those with the greatest appetite to see change this season have BIG problems.

The odd mistake is merely to gouge ;) if people read my posts................only four? But being serious yip serious for a minute, surely to fcuk some journalost ;) would question how this panel can be independent, if these immigrants sit on this to make a decision that they have already voted on.

Being sootably 'gouged' ( :rolleyes: ) the journalost's in question might ask such question were this, for example, some democratic part of the world like North Korea or China, etc....but not in Lawwell/Bug-Eyes' sectarian dick-tattie-ship (see what I did there?) Scotchland. :pipe:

Being sootably 'gouged' ( :rolleyes: ) the journalost's in question might ask such question were this, for example, some democratic part of the world like North Korea or China, etc....but not in Lawwell/Bug-Eyes' sectarian dick-tattie-ship (see what I did there?) Scotchland. :pipe:

They remind me of this classic actor when they ask their .................was going to say questions.

20980-2986.jpg

Or perhaps...................

“The Scottish FA’s rules – and the respective rule books of the league bodies – do not allow for the governing body, or any external body, to ‘take control’ of a separate company in possession of commercial contracts worth millions of pounds.

“However, if it is truly is the will of the clubs, the Scottish FA is prepared to get involved and act in the best interests of the national game. This will require a mandate to the Scottish FA from both the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League, so that positive changes to improve Scottish football’s future can be proposed without the threat of legal recourse or judicial review.

The last sentence to me means we'll do what we want and if it screws the situation (and it will!)up even more it not their fault.

Only in this backward footballing nation would they propose a league set up thats been tried before and spectacularly failed in other countries.

The only reason I can see for this continual push for this setup is they (regan, dungcaster and liewell) want to destroy scottish football so a route to the epl is opened- thats not goint to happen as they have said over and again

What's the problem with them getting involved?

IMO its crazy that there aren't still discussions regarding single body, better wealth redistribution, play-offs and a pyramid structure. This whole take it or leave it deal from the SPL was utter nonsense and if it takes the SFA to get involved to sort it out then so be it.

What's the problem with them getting involved?

IMO its crazy that there aren't still discussions regarding single body, better wealth redistribution, play-offs and a pyramid structure. This whole take it or leave it deal from the SPL was utter nonsense and if it takes the SFA to get involved to sort it out then so be it.

I think the correct question is what is the problem with the status quo. I want the SPL to admit they fucked up. Admit that they are trying to save their own asses and apologise unreservedly to Rangers. Yes, the game is crying out for these changes but its too convenient that in bringing them around, the SPL get unquestioned access to our rights and ensure they dont ever face the same fate that was dealt to us.

I'm happy for the SFA to get involved, next season, or the season after that, chill, what's the rush.

Not only media rights. One unified body would create a safety net to prevent bankrupt SPL clubs following our route to SFL3 by only going down 1 Division. The rush is because some SPL clubs and/or the SPL itself are facing imminent financial ruin.

Potentially, if this went through in June. Aberdeen could go Newco in July, get booted to Div2 and be back in the SPFL1 before us.

That could never happen. The legalities that would follow would mean it couldn't

I think the correct question is what is the problem with the status quo. I want the SPL to admit they fucked up. Admit that they are trying to save their own asses and apologise unreservedly to Rangers. Yes, the game is crying out for these changes but its too convenient that in bringing them around, the SPL get unquestioned access to our rights and ensure they dont ever face the same fate that was dealt to us.

I'm happy for the SFA to get involved, next season, or the season after that, chill, what's the rush.

I agree wrt the format of the leagues, however it is apparent there is a desperation from the SFL1 clubs to push for the better distribution of wealth which is fair enough. Its either that or they go part time (which may be the solution)

The other things such as pyramid structure and play-offs are also vital in reducing meaningless games near the end of the season, they also provide excitement and extra revenue for those involved. Relegation and promotion into and out of the bottom league is also important IMO. There are several teams which have been trying to gain entry to the league for years now, this would give them a mechanism to do that.

IMO the most important thing is the single league body. If the SFA get involved to push through any of these perfectly reasonable proposals then fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

From the stv website.

Scottish Football League president Jim Ballantyne has cast doubt on the possibility of some form of league reconstruction being implemented in time for next season.

First Division clubs, joined by Dundee and Queen of the South, will meet in Hamilton next Monday to discuss their next move after an SPL vote to push through a new 12-12-18 structure failed earlier this week.

From the stv website.

Scottish Football League president Jim Ballantyne has cast doubt on the possibility of some form of league reconstruction being implemented in time for next season.

First Division clubs, joined by Dundee and Queen of the South, will meet in Hamilton next Monday to discuss their next move after an SPL vote to push through a new 12-12-18 structure failed earlier this week.

"Mr Lawell, scuse me, Mr Lawell, can we be in your gang, please we want to be in your gang, pleeeeeeaaaase........"

Have a bit of self respect you crawling bastards.

Vote taken now abide by it.

Would they have the same desire for SFA involvement if the vote went through and St Mirren and Ross County demanded mediation?

Course not.

There is also the small matter of 87% of fans being against this....

" without threat of legal recourse or judicial review "

I fear with the link between the cabal and SFA that this is an attempt to ignore the democratic vote of SM and RC and force this through. By asking the SPL/SFL to suspend they're rules , ie 11-1 vote, what is to stop them making it a simply a majority vote ?

And with no recourse SM and RC would be completely ignored and no option of appeal.