Scottish FA Board statement on league reconstruction

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andypendek

Some over reacting going on here!

The expression about legal recourse only points out that, if the SFA tried to bluster in and enforce change, either the SFL or the SPL could get any chances reversed in court. Suspending their rules would allow the SFA to bluster in and enforce change without that possibility. It's basically just saying to chairmen who have contacted them, if you want our help you'll have to suspend your constitutions.

Not that it doesn't raise interesting questions. Why have they made this public instead of working in private, which would be, to any sane onlooker, the usual and professional way to operate? Why have they phrased it in quite such a political way? That is, when an MP says he doesn't want to be PM you know he does; when the SFA say they can only come reluctantly, and via suspension, you know that is what they want. Very odd.

The bits about implementing the good parts of the deal seem straightforward enough, I can't see what's wrong with that. But if the SPL actually go along with this, something is very fishy. There is nothing - zero - in it for them. And since they are, apparently, on their knees, to go for it we have to buy into the idea of them as benefactors of the game. Not an easy concept to dig, as you can imagine!

" This will require a mandate to the Scottish FA from both the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League, so that positive changes to improve Scottish football’s future can be proposed without the threat of legal recourse or judicial review."

The content of this sentence is surely very sinister. They want the clubs to give them carte blanche with no recourse to legal appeal. The last time the SFA tried this was in the 5-way agreement draft , where they tried to get Rangers to accept title stripping with no recourse to a legal appeal. This has Liewell and his gang's modus operandi all over it. Especially since we don't have a vote on any decision at any stage. This allows them to alter TV contracts, league structures, voting rights, laws within the game and anything else they want to with complete impunity. Who would agree to such suicide by proxy?

All it would require is one club from within the SFL or SPL to stand up and say 'No' to this.

Legally they'd be fucked - let us hope that Brother Findlay's wee team are the stand-up guys in the SFL and that Ross County do the needful in the SPL.

I predict that if they try this back-door move that season 2013-14 will NOT kick off in August due to an ongoing and very expensive series of Court cases both in the UK and Europe.

We may not have a vote (yet) but we do have money, friends and the will to fight this utter injustice.

If Rangers FC (Charles Green and the entire Rangers Board) don't back others in the fight against such a devious move then our club is doomed.

THIS IS ONE FIGHT WE CANNOT BACK DOWN FROM.

Some over reacting going on here!

The expression about legal recourse only points out that, if the SFA tried to bluster in and enforce change, either the SFL or the SPL could get any chances reversed in court. Suspending their rules would allow the SFA to bluster in and enforce change without that possibility. It's basically just saying to chairmen who have contacted them, if you want our help you'll have to suspend your constitutions.

Not that it doesn't raise interesting questions. Why have they made this public instead of working in private, which would be, to any sane onlooker, the usual and professional way to operate? Why have they phrased it in quite such a political way? That is, when an MP says he doesn't want to be PM you know he does; when the SFA say they can only come reluctantly, and via suspension, you know that is what they want. Very odd.

The bits about implementing the good parts of the deal seem straightforward enough, I can't see what's wrong with that. But if the SPL actually go along with this, something is very fishy. There is nothing - zero - in it for them. And since they are, apparently, on their knees, to go for it we have to buy into the idea of them as benefactors of the game. Not an easy concept to dig, as you can imagine!

its the wording of the statement it's not like the sfa at all they never make a direct stance.Also your right the sphell have nothing to gain, and Gilmour today was quoted of saying that he found the meeting on Monday very bullish and he wasn't going to be bullied, and if anything you would expect the sfa to address these claims but they are focused on the 10 that were bullling for change. no doubt there will be more info in the next couple of days.

If he SPL are giving up sooooooo much for the good of the game in Scotland, then that would surely make them poorer on their fudged accounts.

Yet the desperation seems to be setting in, to get this through at ALL COSTS.

Is that because they know that they can't survive without the Blue Pound?

Here's some money, now get one league body in place quickly...............

And no, I'm not a rocket scientist.

its the wording of the statement it's not like the sfa at all they never make a direct stance.Also your right the sphell have nothing to gain, and Gilmour today was quoted of saying that he found the meeting on Monday very bullish and he wasn't going to be bullied, and if anything you would expect the sfa to address these claims but they are focused on the 10 that were bullling for change. no doubt there will be more info in the next couple of days.

Very good points, and how they ignored what Gilmour said today and as you say come out in support of the 10 has Liewell written all over it.

Apart from maybe RFC's TV money, I cannot see the big rush to push this through for next season.

There are at least two SPL (three if you count Hearts) that could go tits up before the start of next season and if you look at the reactions of Milne and Thompson after Monday's vote you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out which two clubs are in deep financial shit.

They don't just WANT this change.....they fucking NEED this change.

On reflection i am not sure this is as bad as is being portrayed on here... i doubt they will push 12/12/18 through and i doubt it will be for the start of the next season. I see a more rounded 14/14/14 split happening... if they even change the structure...

Maybe i am being very naive....

we were all told that it was 12-12-18 or nothing,no plan B and that the new league set up was required to 'save the game'.

Now the SFA are clearly saying 'ok forget the 12-12-18 league set up but still implement the other 5 proposals, which makes no sense.

Unless you look for the Ace in the hole.

One unified body.

Which will give them (the SPL/SPFL whatever) control over Rangers media rights.

If the league re-vamp was needed to increase revenue (through sponsorship/more fans/more meaningful games etc) to pay the extra money to Div1 teams then why is the SFA prepared to drop that so quickly?

Where is the money coming from then for increased payments to Div1 teams?

This whole debacle is now being shown for what it is,

an absolutely desperate attempt to get hold of Rangers media rights.

We'll never know what deal Doncaster and Liewell signed up to with Sky but i dont think anyone believes Rangers games were not included as part of the deal for this season and for the length of the contract.

Basically without Rangers games/media rights the SPL is fucked.

The fact that the SPL had to buy Rangers games from the SFL to keep Sky happy this season tells it's own story.

If Sky did not demand Rangers games as part of the deal then why did the SPL buy them?

The whole thing is so corrupt now that they don't even bother to hide it.

A parcel of rogues,indeed.

Fuck the lot of them.

Not only media rights. One unified body would create a safety net to prevent bankrupt SPL clubs following our route to SFL3 by only going down 1 Division. The rush is because some SPL clubs and/or the SPL itself are facing imminent financial ruin.

Potentially, if this went through in June. Aberdeen could go Newco in July, get booted to Div2 and be back in the SPFL1 before us.

I know that the SPL and SFL would both have to go to the SFA to have them step in, but do they have to consult the members of their respective leagues before asking the SFA for help?

I mean what would/could the SPL do if St Mirren and County both publicly say they do not want the SFA stepping in, and that is backed up by some SFL clubs, could the SPL and SFL go against their clubs wishes and and ask the SFA anyway?

Democracy has gone to fuck here, Gogsy. The SFA was quite happy for the SPL to have a wee vote, which I'm sure they were assured would mean the SLF would then have to vote. It failed and that should be the end of the matter. I honestly think Uefa should step in here.

Apart from maybe RFC's TV money, I cannot see the big rush to push this through for next season.

SPL do not have the 2 million a year they agreed to give the SFL, they must have one single body, The SFA said it must take the fans views into consideration, 14 14 14 anyone ?

If you look at the names on their panel, you would notic four of them want this to go through and have vested interest , yet will they be asked to step aside ...no.

If you look at the names on their panel, you would NOTICE ('notic'?? :matron: ) four of them are bead-rattling Tarrier-loving bastards. :7325: