Will we get promoted?

nvager

With the SFA getting involved and talks of suspending the constitutions of the SPL and SFL - is this just another way to pass 12 12 18? Get our TV money?

If so what can be done to prevent this? Would St Mirren and Ross County not require guarantees before ever agreeing to this?

Am I being pessimistic?

How many teams must we fight? How many want to keep us down?

All the Boards seem to be rigged in their favour.

With the SFA getting involved and talks of suspending the constitutions of the SPL and SFL - is this just another way to pass 12 12 18? Get our TV money?

If so what can be done to prevent this? Would St Mirren and Ross County not require guarantees before ever agreeing to this?

Am I being pessimistic?

How many teams must we fight? How many want to keep us down?

All the Boards seem to be rigged in their favour.

If we don't get promoted then I'm done with Scottish Football. It seems like they're doing everything in their power to keep us in the lowest tier. How the fuck can a team win the league and not get promoted, what have we been playing for? It's an absolute joke that it is even being considered.

Something will be pushed through.....tvdeal/sponsorship is behind the panic and rush...judging by comments elsewhere and the state of the spl reaction I don't think they have much of a pot to piss in otherwise.....either a push through( sporting integrity? )or spl2....if spl 2 I think we will be invited and accept

I think what might end up happening will be the SFA stepping in, going ahead with the 5 points mentioned in their statement earlier. while leaving the league structure as it is for a while. I honestly think the uproar if they went ahead with 12-12-18 a week after it being voted down would be too much for the SFA.

That would be making a bad situation worse IMO.

As things stand we are promoted. I suspect though we will very shortly be asked to join SPL 2.

If they could get away with it they would also present this as a take it or leave it scenario e.g. There is no promotion from SFL to SPL

I cannot believe that SPL2 isn't the end game here with the semi-pro clubs cut adrift and 10 or so bigger SFL clubs invited to join

As things stand we are promoted. I suspect though we will very shortly be asked to join SPL 2.

If they could get away with it they would also present this as a take it or leave it scenario e.g. There is no promotion from SFL to SPL

I cannot believe that SPL2 isn't the end game here with the semi-pro clubs cut adrift and 10 or so bigger SFL clubs invited to join

I think what might end up happening will be the SFA stepping in, going ahead with the 5 points mentioned in their statement earlier. while leaving the league structure as it is for a while. I honestly think the uproar if they went ahead with 12-12-18 a week after it being voted down would be too much for the SFA.

This was the plan b that should have been offered at the meeting but they didn't want to know. This would also be losing face IMO but then again most of them would sell their granny for a £5

Sounds about right.

I think other clubs in Scotland need to stop with the whole "Anti-Rangers" agenda and focus on their own clubs and trying to fix it for the better, not try and keep us down. We deserve promotion, we've earned promotion - we should get that.

Couldn't agree more!

I personally think that there will be another turn in this 1 and it certainly won't be to our advantage.

When was the last time we had an advantage! The jealous and hatred that seeps out from all these clubs & officials is ridiculous haha! It's all about the rangers though :P

We have been successful in all the big decisions involving us over the past few months (tax,ebt & restructure). I don't see any real success in 'their' attempts to damage us following their initial success in getting us out of the league, and even that was a miss as we landed in SFL 3 not SFL 1 as they planned. Here's hoping that the trend continues.

I assume there are conditions for any team wanting to resign from the SFL to join an SPL2 so I don't see that being pushed through quickly.

We have also won the league and the reserve league and we are promoted so we should simply look forward to SFL 2 and bother about anything else if it actually happens.

I can see the redistribution and one league body coming in via the SFA which is fine but in terms of a structure I think 12-12-18 is done and if we start next season in sfl2 there would be no carrot for the sfl2/3 clubs for it in the future.....as I posted the other day they need to simplify the league and make it bigger in line with what the fans want and then they could consider ideas of how to increase home games and get 4 old firms like the rejig of the league cup idea....

I can see the redistribution and one league body coming in via the SFA which is fine but in terms of a structure I think 12-12-18 is done and if we start next season in sfl2 there would be no carrot for the sfl2/3 clubs for it in the future.....as I posted the other day they need to simplify the league and make it bigger in line with what the fans want and then they could consider ideas of how to increase home games and get 4 old firms like the rejig of the league cup idea....

That is far too logical and straight forward, to be considered.

Rangers must be promoted! It'll be a first if we're not! Personally I've never seen or heard of any other team (worldwide) winning a league, and not being promoted (Unless it's a topflight league in which there's no promotion)

Z

was it not Falkirk that got shafted because they didn't have a all seater stadium which I think is utter bollocks of a rule, sheep was meant to get relegated but was saved because of that rule?

but at the same allowed Gretna and ict to ground share with well and the sheep

honestly the shit we've had to endure is unreal

Three games from the end of the season and we still don't have a concrete league destination for next year. The SPL, SFL and SFA need to wake up and realise they are going to do damage if they don't get their act together. Won't hold my breath.

I can't see how they can block it now that the 12-12-18 vote has been lost. Having said that they just might try something before the league ends but they haven't much time, if they leave it till after the leagues finish then it's automatic that the winner of Div. 1, 2, and 3 get promoted as the competitions have been won and the prize is promotion and a cash amount.

If they try and change that after the completion of the contest it may be described an act of fraud. This being based on the fact that you enter the competition, pay your dues, sell tickets and expect your prize based on the agreement to participate.

As for the SFA taking over the league reconstruction it would in my view take a legal commitment from each club not to seek a legal settlement through the courts, not just one from the heads of the SFL and SPL. Somehow I don't see Rangers signing away their legal rights this time round as they have nothing to hang over us this time. If they try and suspend our licence they go bust as there will be no TV money without our games. I’m pretty sure that a few other clubs would be willing to do this either.

Do I trust Regan and the SPL, no more than I trust Doncaster, Milne Thompson and Petrie. As far as I'm concerned he’s part of the problem, not the solution. I would be surprized if anybody on this list would view him as anything different.

Something will be pushed through.....tvdeal/sponsorship is behind the panic and rush...judging by comments elsewhere and the state of the spl reaction I don't think they have much of a pot to piss in otherwise.....either a push through( sporting integrity? )or spl2....if spl 2 I think we will be invited and accept

I hope it's spl2 and hope the board accept and the fans don't get too pissed off.