Anyone Else Just Feel Totally Deflated?

Tbh our clubs a fucking soap opera. It's now nothing to do with supporting your team in the old fashioned sense. It's boardroom shite, who owns what etc. I was upbeat until around 3 weeks ago and its all starting to crumble again with boardroom shit, cw is he/isn't he involved, media swarming all over us again and it does become pretty tiresome

Five days to sign some players with the second biggest wage budget in Scotland to win a semi-professional league.

How difficult :rolleyes:

This fives days nonsense was spouted by ally after the queens park game and it is completely innacurate....we had nearly 5 weeks and played 8 games in the period of getting our licence and the window closing....one of the many many excuses we have had to endure this year!

I was always going to hate this season playing in division 3, and I'll hate next season regardless of what is on the pitch, but I expected the club as a whole to be in a better place than it is. It's a fucking mess in every department.

Before i go on i understand the forum is not exactly a happy joyous place right now and people will be thinking "aw ffs not another miserable moaning thread" but i just feel totally and utterly deflated and let down as we get to the close of this season

I know a year ago we didn't even know if we have a club to support but thankfully we do! And wether you wanted him here or not most of that is down to the work Charles Green put in. Our club future at least was secured and by the start of this season the vast majority of us were quite joyous that we were going on this amazing journey through the divisions, playing new clubs and visiting new places and that has been a highlight so far, but has there been any others?

We all thought of this as a new start after all the turmoil of admin and our financial problems, time for a legend in Ally Mccoist to lead us forward but for me that very quickly came to a halt. We were winning but performances were dire and im not sure they have improved over this season, infact they may have got worse! All the excuses were valid ones at the time, new players hurriedly brought in and maybe not of the standard we wanted but fact of the matter is they were of a standard to a man higher than any other in the division and possibly division 2 and 3 aswell. People said they need to gel etc etc but even after 8 months there seems to be no sign of that. Fitness, tactics, fight and desire, style of play has been of a poor poor standard which i feel falls squarely at the door of Ally.

Yes no other manager has had to deal with what he has but how does that stop him working on tactics and fitness when the players are in training? The players have perhaps on a handful of occasions this season played decent football and looked motivated, the rest has been quite frankly pish! constantly outplayed and fought by part time teams says it all. Now our manager who cant seem to work with or improve the players we currently have wants more mone to spend on players like Daly and kenny Miller. Have we learned nothing from our past! These signings are simply not needed for what we are looking to do! How can the vast majority of us see it but our Manager cant?

Off the field the season looked as though it was going to be a success and in some ways it has. We appointed board members who seemed very competent, walter was soon on board and the fans felt more at ease then we had a hugely successful share issue raising 22 million pounds which was again alot to do with Green. We were also being defended from attacks by all angles, something which we have never been used under the old regime and that was a welcome sight.

Now at the end of the season look at it all.

Green the man who done alot of good for the club financially and in defending it looks to have been hounded out.

The board room appears to have been split and there is evidently a mole in it

It certainly seems some people at board level and beyond want to jobs for the boys attitude back in which will do our club nothing but harm.

We have won division 3 but performances have been poor, tactics non existent, players not motivated, fitness poor, style of play poor, not progressed as a team.

The fans are split

A season which promised so much just seems to have culminated in a fucking farce and i'm not ashamed to say it looks bleak and has left me completely deflated. Of course i'll always back my team and club 100% but (and i hate to use this term) we do actually deserve so much better than this. Infact if the fans got what we deserved we would win the champions league :lol:

Sorry for the rant but just the way im thinking and feeling, prob missed some stuff out but wrote it quickly

Stop Bleating, anyone coming on to the forums would think we are sheep,

Five days to sign some players with the second biggest wage budget in Scotland to win a semi-professional league.

How difficult :rolleyes:

No budget, no league, and players tend to be under contact to their clubs.

I'm not a Ally apologist, but you seem to have a short memory as to what cards he was dealt.

Temps, Black, Sandaza. All came in and who got them there?

Not good enough? Yea, they haven't REALY produced, but what would we have had?

I understand the frustration, but Rangers could have folded for good last year. That hasn't happened, and you'll be back at the top level in a few years - that's nothing in a history of 140 years- just a heartbeat, and there will be Rangers fans 50 years from now for whom this is just a bit of proud history. Hell. Man U - much as I despise them - have gone through their period of relegation and not winning anything. Same with Barca, Milan, Real etc. Makes the eventual triumphs all the sweeter.

No budget, no league, and players tend to be under contact to their clubs.

I'm not a Ally apologist, but you seem to have a short memory as to what cards he was dealt.

Temps, Black, Sandaza. All came in and who got them there?

Not good enough? Yea, they haven't REALY produced, but what would we have had?

Ally got them backed by a comparatively massive budget.

But, let's be frank, inspired signings they are not. Black has been shit, Sandaza has been chucked along with Kyle. Templeton gets far too much stick because they wee man's a genius.

I understand the frustration, but Rangers could have folded for good last year. That hasn't happened, and you'll be back at the top level in a few years - that's nothing in a history of 140 years- just a heartbeat, and there will be Rangers fans 50 years from now for whom this is just a bit of proud history. Hell. Man U - much as I despise them - have gone through their period of relegation and not winning anything. Same with Barca, Milan, Real etc. Makes the eventual triumphs all the sweeter.

That's sort of how I think.

We could have folded, but we didn't. Stop thinking about it, stop using it as an excuse, let's get back to being Rangers.

Yes I'm a little bit disappointed with Saturdays showing but I've seen it all before, how many times at the spl level did we romp the league and then hardly kick a ball once the league was won.

Also I would give a bit of credit to Peterhead they had a lot to play for on Saturday in trying to get the play-off position and done well.

So ok it was a bit of a disappointment, but we've seen it all before so I'm not pressing any panic buttons yet.

WATP

So ok it was a bit of a disappointment, but we've seen it all before so I'm not pressing any panic buttons yet.

could be time to hit that button mate

next season the likes of stenhousemuir are going to be even more competitive than the Blue Toon :ph34r:

Just glad the seasons almost over. In fact im taking a full bottle of malt up for the berwick game to make it seem better

yes totally pissed off with so called rangers men at the top table doing fuck all for the club apart talking to the press who have it in for us everyday. but I will still renew my three tickets for next season and go through it all again

yes totally pissed off with so called rangers men at the top table doing fuck all for the club apart talking to the press who have it in for us everyday. but I will still renew my three tickets for next season and go through it all again

same here. No matter what its a long road ahead and the fans have to back the team. Or else we may aswell chuck it in now. Pished or not. Ill be there