settle the 'handwringer' shit now

Definition of HAND- WRINGING : an overwrought exp<b></b>ression of concern or guilt.

1. physical exp<b></b>ression of concern, distress, or guilt

2. the nervous grasping or squeezing of the hands as a sign of these feelings of willingness to appease others.

All joking aside,i cant imagine any of us want to go back to the 'dignified silence' era and secret deals with Sheltic.

I'm really dis-heartened that Green has gone because i thought he was the type of guy we needed to clear out the 'old pals'.

Anyway cheers lads was just having a bit of fun but think a few of you are really suspect

btw.

The suspect ones always answer shit posts.

IAR

I hope not too much fun, no-one else did.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, handwringing implies that you're uncomfortable with something you are a part of and not able to fully commit to it. I'm fully comfortable with the fact that I support Rangers FC and have for my entire life, I've shouted at every goal and sung as loud as anyone here, but I've never sung songs about Northern Ireland, my opinion on the conflict and the political situation there has absolutely no bearing over my football support whatsoever and I know plenty of Rangers fans who are the same.

The club don't specify you have to be a Royalist, Loyalist, Unionist Presbyterian to be welcome at Ibrox, it is not for anyone else to do so and therefore that should be the end of it. It shouldn't really matter what you are as long as you're there to cheer on the boys in blue!

Thing is, handwringing implies that you're uncomfortable with something you are a part of and not able to fully commit to it. I'm fully comfortable with the fact that I support Rangers FC and have for my entire life, I've shouted at every goal and sung as loud as anyone here, but I've never sung songs about Northern Ireland, my opinion on the conflict and the political situation there has absolutely no bearing over my football support whatsoever and I know plenty of Rangers fans who are the same.

The club don't specify you have to be a Royalist, Loyalist, Unionist Presbyterian to be welcome at Ibrox, it is not for anyone else to do so and therefore that should be the end of it. It shouldn't really matter what you are as long as you're there to cheer on the boys in blue!

What you said is fine aslong as you feel the same about those that are either Royalist, Loyalist, or Unionist Presbyterian that follow the club. Each to their own I say but many that are similar to yourself have problems with that section of the support.

i've seen posts asking what a 'hand-wringer' is,and must admit i always suspect they are started by one of them.

So i'll nail my bollocks to the mast,as a life long Gers supporter(if you want pm me),and say as far as i'm concerned they are people who would 'reach agreement' with our enemies and say it was in the best interests of Scottish football.

They also think we should go back to the 'dignified silence' days and 'not sink to their level'.

We,as a football club,religion,traditions etc are under a sustained attack.

See my previous posts attacked by 'hand-wringers'.

Does anyone on Rangers Media really think that our club is not under attack because it's the most prominent symbol of Unification and the Protestant faith.

I mean no disrepect to other faiths or supporter of my club,but maybe Ibrox has become our sort of Mecca (no disrespect intended).

Lost me on the first part.

Second part, laughable statement.

Stop posting under the influence.

thanks mates for proving who Mr Gough is.

Odd that he would ask me my i'm calling him Mr Gough then pretend he forgot his own name.

Far be it for me to cast suspicion on Mr Gough or whatever the fuck he calls himself but if you can't remember your own fucking name you're suspect and stick your post count.

It means fuck all.

do you realise that the Richard Gough part of his profile is automatic and he didnt add it himself?

doh

Hand-wringer imo =

1. a "fan" who cant or wont see the wood for the trees ( ie. There is no-one out to get us. We are just going through what any team in our position would have gone through)

2. Someone who will bend over and let you shaft us forever, as long as you let us back into your wee clique.

3. Someone who will praise every single one of you who tried to kill us off and say sorry for the hassle we've caused.

4. Someone who will castigate our fans who have the audacity to sing naughty songs against individuals or teams who tried to kill us off.

5. Someone who wants to build bridges with authorities who did EVERYTHING in their power to rip our club to shreads, strip us to the bones & put us in a coffin never to be seen again.

6. Someone who would leak information to the same mhedia who have made stories up about us for years.

7. Someone who says "Grow up & stop this boycotting nonsense of other clubs staduims. We need to move on and be the bigger person".

8. Someone who says "Dont talk shite there is no agenda against us in scotland. BBC scotland, Daily Record, Radio Clyde are only reporting facts. I will not be told what to listen to or read by some idiot conspiracy theorist".

Only my opinion though.

i've seen posts asking what a 'hand-wringer' is,and must admit i always suspect they are started by one of them.

So i'll nail my bollocks to the mast,as a life long Gers supporter(if you want pm me),and say as far as i'm concerned they are people who would 'reach agreement' with our enemies and say it was in the best interests of Scottish football.

They also think we should go back to the 'dignified silence' days and 'not sink to their level'.

We,as a football club,religion,traditions etc are under a sustained attack.

See my previous posts attacked by 'hand-wringers'.

Does anyone on Rangers Media really think that our club is not under attack because it's the most prominent symbol of Unification and the Protestant faith.

I mean no disrepect to other faiths or supporter of my club,but maybe Ibrox has become our sort of Mecca (no disrespect intended).

:lol: :lol: take religion and politics away from Ibtox and every second week we would still have large crowds - take the football away and try having your political / religious rally and you would have less people than east Stirling vs Berwick in a reserve game !!

Handwringer loyal: it's all about the football branch!

Well I am happy supporting my team and I respect other folk's rights to support Rangers in their way too.

AS LONG AS THE CLUB DO NOT GET HARMED BY THEIR FORM OF SUPPORT.

If a Person cares more about singing certain songs or acting in a certain way when they know the club will get in trouble then, in my opinion they are not proper supporters and they deserve all they get!

An overly sensitive soul who feels the need to apologise for things that aren't in any way their fault or shouldn't be apologised for. As in 'I know you hate Rangers - please don't hate me for being a fan'.

But love and peace to anyone offended by that.

Well I am happy supporting my team and I respect other folk's rights to support Rangers in their way too.nice point ftp

AS LONG AS THE CLUB DO NOT GET HARMED BY THEIR FORM OF SUPPORT.

If a Person cares more about singing certain songs or acting in a certain way when they know the club will get in trouble then, in my opinion they are not proper supporters and they deserve all they get!