Any Word on the latest Reconstruction Musical Chairs Meeting ?

lathos

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFL can and should survive with two leagues, let the ten breakaway to an SPL2. it wont last long as the SPL is insolvent, that's why they are desperate for the reconstruction they cant afford the yearly settlement or the Rangers tv rights payable to the SFL. so rather than manning up they try to undermine the SFL with the Trojan horses of the 1sr division, the SFL 20 clubs should tell them to go get fooked.

This seems to be the only way that the SPL can get rid of it's debt (I read 10mil somewhere?) without going into admin/liquidation. I also don't believe that there is actually a TV deal yet as we are not in a top tier system.

The main worry for me, and I guess all Rangers fans, would be "who would run the new SPFL (or whatever it's called)?

If it remains the hierarchy of the SPL then we are just postponing the breakdown for a while as those numpty's could not organize anything. If it is Longmuir, or even a new set of people then no real problems.

I for one would love to have a vote in these proposals so we can all vote against those idiots continuing to run ruin our game.

This seems to be the only way that the SPL can get rid of it's debt (I read 10mil somewhere?) without going into admin/liquidation. I also don't believe that there is actually a TV deal yet as we are not in a top tier system.

The main worry for me, and I guess all Rangers fans, would be "who would run the new SPFL (or whatever it's called)?

If it remains the hierarchy of the SPL then we are just postponing the breakdown for a while as those numpty's could not organize anything. If it is Longmuir, or even a new set of people then no real problems.

I for one would love to have a vote in these proposals so we can all vote against those idiots continuing to run ruin our game.

How can they just get 'rid' of debt? Without OF matches, there is no meaningful TV deal imho (tu)

How can they just get 'rid' of debt? Without OF matches, there is no meaningful TV deal imho (tu)

Declare the SPL insolvent, close it and open a brand new company called SPFL or something. Only way they can clear a debt that large I guess.

I don't think there is a TV deal currently which is why the mad rush forward. Without us there is no deal and without the OF soon (say 3 more years) then there is no deal ever except for a pittance from BBC Alba or something.

To save these cunts getting more hits on their site

SPL clubs agree league reform package for next season

Comments (70)

Scottish Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed on a package of measures that would deliver a merged league body in time for next season.

The single governing organisation would oversee the 12-10-10-10 divisional structure that is presently in place.

But there would be greater financial redistribution to the second tier.

The SPL also wants to introduce play-offs involving the team finishing 11th and teams second, third and fourth in the league below.

The proposals include a "pyramid for the entire game", which would allow access to the senior ranks to clubs currently operating outside the top 42.

SPL reforms

Single governing body for all 42 senior clubs

New promotion/relegation play-offs between top two divisions

Revised financial distribution model

Pyramid structure below the fourth tier

A statement from the top flight clubs says: "The SPL looks forward to working with the Scottish FA and Scottish Football League [sFL] to deliver vibrant change for the game as a whole."

SPL chairman Ralph Topping said: "I am pleased that SPL clubs have today agreed on a way forward for the game in this country.

"We have tremendous sympathy with the SFL1 clubs and their plight and with their shared ambition for a 42-club solution.

"Much work needs to be done in a short space of time to achieve our objective of a single merged league this summer. But, where there is a will, there is a way. The time for action is now."

SPL clubs will gather again this month to formally vote on the matter.

The 30 clubs in the SFL's three divisions would then need to approve the plans.

On leaving the SPL gathering at Hampden, chief executive of relegated Dundee, Scott Gardiner, said: "Hopefully, Scottish football is on a pathway to sort out the shambles it has become.

"Hopefully, the new structure will be in place for next season. The new all-through financial distribution model is key to getting the agreement of all 42 clubs."

Ross County and St Mirren, last month vetoed a similar plan for a 12-12-18 divisional set-up.

Those clubs were unconvinced by the merits of a system to split the top two divisions into three after 22 games but this element has been removed.

Following the breakdown of the SPL vote, which requires an 11-1 majority for major change, 10 clubs indicated a willingness to break away from the SFL, asking the SPL to consider forming a new second tier.

FINALLY - they start to discuss proposals that improve the whole game.

Good times ahead.

We can but hope, but you never know given their history..........they need this badly.

We all need it mate.

The 'five principles of reconstruction' will improve the long term future of the whole Scottish game. It's almost irrelevant what structure the top two leagues have.

We all need it mate.

The 'five principles of reconstruction' will improve the long term future of the whole Scottish game. It's almost irrelevant what structure the top two leagues have.

True, but everyone knows as to their reason fro wanting this done so quickly, it's obvious they have told porkies to various sponsors or interned sponsors and Sky that this will ahve the crowds flocking back and truth be told Sky aren't really interested as to what they get crowd wise as more to do with the turn on to watch the games, they have seen over the last 12 months that their figures have fallen let alone the crowds.

I jjust hope re these playoffs that fro the next few years we see two teams per season relegated from their spl, and not a yo yo with the team coming up along with the other team from the lower division winning the playoffs and see what reaction we get.

Why would the sfl accept this?

I can understand the 1st division clubs wanting the money, but what's in it for the 2nd and 3rd division clubs?

Under the previous proposition the 3rd division clubs got another season wish us in it. So what do the stand to gain?

Similarly, nothing changes for 2nd division so what's in it for them?

So they are gonna take on a share of the spl debt for nothing in return?

How can the sfl accept this when 2/3 of the membership stands to lose out?