What does our European ban involve?

3 year Euro ban for us. It is a sore one. No short cuts, just hard work. That's the way to be back at the top. Our time will come People.

The no short cuts part is actually not true mate.

We could apply for special dispensation due to a crook putting us into admin, if we were backed up by our league bodies (SFA and SFL, yes you can laugh now) we could have a case to get into Europe a bit earlier, it wont happen, but it IS a possibility.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Article 15 and its associated annex (IV)

There is absolutely no reason we could not request a special extraordinary license to compete in the Europa league, if we win the Scottish cup, before the end of our INELIGIBLE period of three years. We are not BANNED from Europe, merely ineligible due to not having three years financial documents.

Of course, they may well insist on the three years financials as part of the documentation required and refuse that way but we can still apply....

The Champion's League would be out for us as we can not (unless reconstructed in) get into, and win, the top division within the three years anyway.

I honestly believe this is the reason that Ally is buying experience so we can try win the SC.

Returning to the CL for the cash injection is what all clubs accross Europe want.

Money makes money and business wise the sooner we get there the better.

If a strategy involves us mixing youth and experience to win us the leagues (formality) and a SC then I'm all for it. Potentially if Article 15 gets put to the test, the new team get some euro experience.

This at that time could coincide with us returning to the top league and challaging and/or winning it.

Entry into CL the following season could happen.

This would be an extraordinary set of circumstances and if any team could do it, my money would be on the most successful club team in the world.

We took a quarter of a million fans to manchester, not counting the fans that day in Ibrox and elsewhere. We are a massive club, make no doubt about it. This has got to be our standard as we don't do second best and we certainly don't do walking away.

I honestly believe this is the reason that Ally is buying experience so we can try win the SC.

Returning to the CL for the cash injection is what all clubs accross Europe want.

Money makes money and business wise the sooner we get there the better.

If a strategy involves us mixing youth and experience to win us the leagues (formality) and a SC then I'm all for it. Potentially if Article 15 gets put to the test, the new team get some euro experience.

This at that time could coincide with us returning to the top league and challaging and/or winning it.

Entry into CL the following season could happen.

This would be an extraordinary set of circumstances and if any team could do it, my money would be on the most successful club team in the world.

We took a quarter of a million fans to manchester, not counting the fans that day in Ibrox and elsewhere. We are a massive club, make no doubt about it. This has got to be our standard as we don't do second best and we certainly don't do walking away.

Our only stumbling block would be if they absolutely insist on the three years financials. I, however, cannot see that as you rightly point out; we are a massive draw for crowds/TV.

I have no idea if article 15 has ever been used by a club with less than three years financials.

I don't want to sound overly-negative here....but it worries me with the hands we seem to be in now, of producing the three years of accounts that are required

I really fucking hope not but its a concern

5 years ago we were in the uefa cup final, what a fucking day that was!!!! God I miss those days

CG was reportedly working on this with UEFA but thats all gone quiet now, like most stuff we had in the pipeline has since he left.

Doesn't mean we are not still working on it just that we are not blabbing to the press about what we are up to. Since he left we have also decided to scrap his 20% rise in st price

Doesn't mean we are not still working on it just that we are not blabbing to the press about what we are up to. Since he left we have also decided to scrap his 20% rise in st price

That must be the only thing we're not blabbing to the press about, at least Charles talked about plans for the future, whos telling the fans what the plans are now? Mathers said some decent stuff but thats all.

Our only stumbling block would be if they absolutely insist on the three years financials. I, however, cannot see that as you rightly point out; we are a massive draw for crowds/TV.

I have no idea if article 15 has ever been used by a club with less than three years financials.

Im not sure either but I believe Article 15 brings football back to the basics.

A club should be allowed to compete with the best across Europe without the business/company part of the club removing that right.

Im sure there are many clubs across the world like ours where the club was founded years prior to the business/company.

Im not sure either but I believe Article 15 brings football back to the basics.

A club should be allowed to compete with the best across Europe without the business/company part of the club removing that right.

Im sure there are many clubs across the world like ours where the club was founded years prior to the business/company.

I would think almost all clubs are founded prior to the company that currently owns them!

Under the UEFA fair play system and promotion of sporting ethics, it is more than likely that they would give us permission to enter the Europa League (probably at the lowest qualifying position) if we won the SC.

Of course, that is if the SFA decide they want us to represent them...

I would think almost all clubs are founded prior to the company that currently owns them!

Under the UEFA fair play system and promotion of sporting ethics, it is more than likely that they would give us permission to enter the Europa League (probably at the lowest qualifying position) if we won the SC.

Of course, that is if the SFA decide they want us to represent them...

I know there has been a lot of poor and even shocking decisions made by the SFA but if it happened it would benefit the country and co-efficient as a whole. I think they know they have done enough damage to us.

Read http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf Article 15 and its associated annex (IV) There is absolutely no reason we could not request a special extraordinary license to compete in the Europa league, if we win the Scottish cup, before the end of our INELIGIBLE period of three years. We are not BANNED from Europe, merely ineligible due to not having three years financial documents. Of course, they may well insist on the three years financials as part of the documentation required and refuse that way but we can still apply.... The Champion's League would be out for us as we can not (unless reconstructed in) get into, and win, the top division within the three years anyway.

Duff & Phelps tried to get one of these special licenses last year when in administration so we could have played in Europe this year. If we did win the Cup this year, it would do no harm in asking.

I think he is trying to build a team that could win cups. For me it is far more important to win SFL2 and the Challenge Cup alongside better performances. A run in any of the cups would be a bonus.

Duff & Phelps tried to get one of these special licenses last year when in administration so we could have played in Europe this year. If we did win the Cup this year, it would do no harm in asking.

I think he is trying to build a team that could win cups. For me it is far more important to win SFL2 and the Challenge Cup alongside better performances. A run in any of the cups would be a bonus.

According to a very large proportion of people here, it seems we have to win everything! For me the priority is (and always has been )to get back to the top of whichever league setup we happen to find ourselves in. Secondary is decent cup runs.

We can't be fast tracked.. We simply don't meet UEFA's requirements to compete.

By transferring to a new company our previous UEFA license is now void... so we need to remain in our current form for 3 years before UEFA will grant us a new one.

It has nothing to do the SFA.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/50/09/12/1500912_DOWNLOAD.pdf

There could be a procedure to fast- track us if special circumstances were demonstrated and our associated made representations.

There could be a procedure to fast- track us if special circumstances were demonstrated and our associated made representations.

Don't agree this is a "fast track".. It's part of UEFA's fair play system to reward sporting ethics so not really a fast track- don't give the mhedia more ammo!

No chance would UEFA give us dispensation...

Remember we formed a new company to get rid our debts.. If UEFA were to turn round and let us in, it would set an unhealthy precedent.

I thinking anyone looking with a neutral eye would see we were a club with a previously impeccable financial record. That charlatan took over and destroyed our reputation in the space of one season. It is a long shot.

According to a very large proportion of people here, it seems we have to win everything! For me the priority is (and always has been )to get back to the top of whichever league setup we happen to find ourselves in. Secondary is decent cup runs.

I'm pretty much in agreement with that. The reason I mentioned the Challenge Cup is it's a cup we should be winning.

I'm pretty much in agreement with that. The reason I mentioned the Cup is it's a cup we should be winning.

The ramsden cup should have been won last year, with a bit more maturity and some more experience in our squad, I think the cups are within our reach. We are still Glasgow Rangers, yes bow to circumstances, but when we enter a competition we want to and expect to win it.

We can't be fast tracked.. We simply don't meet UEFA's requirements to compete.

By transferring to a new company our previous UEFA license is now void... so we need to remain in our current form for 3 years before UEFA will grant us a new one.

It has nothing to do the SFA.

http://www.uefa.com/...12_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Well if I was a lawyer I'd be contesting that. The rules state a CLUB must have 3 consecutive years, not the company. Our history is unbroken.

It is being reported as 3 years but I know for a fact that there are currently discussions going on regarding the timing of our newco setup. What i mean is, if it is deemed to have been setup after the start of this season rather than at the end of last season we could be looking at 4 years.

It is being reported as 3 years but I know for a fact that there are currently discussions going on regarding the timing of our newco setup. What i mean is, if it is deemed to have been setup after the start of this season rather than at the end of last season we could be looking at 4 years.

nah that's just scaremongering

nah that's just scaremongering

Hopefully but if they prove we setup the new company after the start of what UEFA deem to be the new season it is a possibility.

Dont think for a minute that they have not had plenty of emails about it from the usual sad obsessed lot that dont even go to celtic games anymore coz they are too busy caring about Rangers.

Well if I was a lawyer I'd be contesting that. The rules state a CLUB must have 3 consecutive years, not the company. Our history is unbroken.

Our clubs history is unbroken but our financial audits are not.

There were NO audits filed by the deadline for season 2011/12 as neither Whyte nor DnP could get an accountant to sign them off. This is why Motherwell took our CL spot last year as UEFA simply wouldnt allow us in.

To date there have been no audits filed with the SFA with the first one due in the next few months which will cover Season 2012/13.