Secret tape reveals Malcolm Murray being asked to leave

A DRAMATIC tape of Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray being SACKED by Charles Green’s right-hand man has been obtained by The Scottish Sun.

In the recording, Imran Ahmad accuses Murray of improper conduct, and says: “You stab everyone in the back the first time you get a chance, so please don’t say you’re the victim here.”

The phone call shows how then chief executive Green, 59, and commercial director Ahmad, 43, told Murray to leave almost three months ago.

But the pair — now exiled from their top jobs — granted him a stay of execution and told him to go quietly at the end of the season, to avoid worrying investors. Ahmad is heard telling Murray, 58, on February 21 that it would be “best for the company” if he took a step back.

He also accuses the chairman of bad-mouthing him behind the scenes — and suggests he should be GRATEFUL for the chance to stay a little longer. But Murray defends himself against claims of “breaches of confidentiality”, saying: “I’m not bad mouthing.”

The release of the seven-minute tape by sources loyal to Ahmad and Green comes amid an Ibrox power struggle.

Last night Ahmad said: “I want nothing but the best for the club.” Rangers declined to comment.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the article says that sources loyal to Ahmad are recording it but I wouldn't put it past Murray to record the calls too

The whole thing keeps dragging on and on and we are asking ourselves "when will this ever end" ?

Between this and the "confidential" documents posted on this charlottefakes twitter account it is abundantly clear that everyone of these charlatans is leaking info to different sources, albeit their motivation/end game is still unclear....I am so sick of this shit and so sick of these mhanky scum posting their blogs, comments, tweets about us and our impending doom....obsession is one thing but this is a well orchestrated propaganda campaign and we need to put a stop to it.

At first I was all for shareholder, no single owner etc but to be honest with the lack of clarity and trust I think we would be better off having one Cheif and a few indians rather than the other way about....needs sorted and soon...

What a shambles. We stumble from one embarrassment to another on almost a daily basis.

And is it too far fetched to think the place is bugged.

I'm starting to think both sides are as bad as one another now .Its pathetic any owner ,chairmen or investor has to use the beggar loving media to get stories out to the fans .Its sickening and makes me believe none of them are fit enough to be in control of our great club .Where our club goes from here ,heaven knows .Its taking too long to sort out this complete farce which is giving our enemies a field day .

and then they will tell us how wonderful we are as a support and to get behind the club ! Everyone of us is being taken for a ride. Looks like the "no honour between thieves" is so apt for this lot. Sad and sickened.

I'm starting to think both sides are as bad as one another now .Its pathetic any owner ,chairmen or investor has to use the beggar loving media to get stories out to the fans .Its sickening and makes me believe none of them are fit enough to be in control of our great club .Where our club goes from here ,heaven knows .Its taking too long to sort out this complete farce which is giving our enemies a field day .

Its because of self-interest eejay. Most of these guys couldnt give a toss about us, the fans, but we need transparency soon. ie season ticket money.

Between this and the "confidential" documents posted on this charlottefakes twitter account it is abundantly clear that everyone of these charlatans is leaking info to different sources, albeit their motivation/end game is still unclear....I am so sick of this shit and so sick of these mhanky scum posting their blogs, comments, tweets about us and our impending doom....obsession is one thing but this is a well orchestrated propaganda campaign and we need to put a stop to it.

At first I was all for shareholder, no single owner etc but to be honest with the lack of clarity and trust I think we would be better off having one Cheif and a few indians rather than the other way about....needs sorted and soon...

yeah Kevin I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking too .Think with one person in charge we all know the risks .The climate in this Country is pewtrid .Beggars with agenda are all over the place trying to instigate things and cause divisions ,also having too many chiefs and not enough Indians is definitely having a detrimental affect .

We have had whytegate, greengate and now murraygate... This should be a fucking new series on sky one or sumin. Its a fucking joke.

I remember those scum from the east used to wash their dirty laundry in public and used to love watching them making a cunt of it.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and we are making a right old cunt of it.....only saving grace is that it shows you how big a club we are in that the power struggles mean that much to people to resort to big brother tactics.

I just want this shit sorted asap. It getting fucking brain damage material now.

Send the to the isle of craig, and mo phones or cameras allowed and let them sort it out. And no one leaves umtil its dealt with

yeah Kevin I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking too .Think with one person in charge we all know the risks .The climate in this Country is pewtrid .Beggars with agenda are all over the place trying to instigate things and cause divisions ,also having too many chiefs and not enough Indians is definitely having a detrimental affect .

The problem is all the infighting amongst the board has given these lunatics in cyberworld and some so called journalists the opportunity to start rumours or print negative assumptions as at present there is no leadership or clarity....I pity the fact there are so many people out there who hate us yet will devote their lives to talking about us or trying to damage us.....Yes there are massive risks involved in a single person owning the club but at least then (if they are legitimate) its one man on the mic and we wont get all these "power struggles" that could hamper our comeback even further.

This internal investigation is taking too long and needs to be wrapped up and reported on pronto and then someone, hopefully King will buy out these charlatans and we can move forward.....As much as I was disappointed to see Green go at the time, all the stuff now emanating from his camp via Ahmed it seems makes me question his motives in all of this.

I wonder who benefits from the 'one person in charge' agenda that this is turning people to? The single owner model is not what we need again, look where it got us!

What it needs is an endgame to this war of attrition and one of the groups to come out on top. I know which group I'd rather have and it doesn't appear to include the so called 'Rangers men' who have been complicit in this current debacle.

I wonder who benefits from the 'one person in charge' agenda that this is turning people to? The single owner model is not what we need again, look where it got us!

What it needs is an endgame to this war of attrition and one of the groups to come out on top. I know which group I'd rather have and it doesn't appear to include the so called 'Rangers men' who have been complicit in this current debacle.

I understand what you are saying but look what the side we prefer are getting up too .Two wrongs are not making it right in this instance and it's getting beyond a joke .

Its like any committee, people are in it to suit their own needs and , not always, but on most occassions get something out of it.

I would prefer to see one man in charge with two fans representatives on the board. In order for this tro happen, i believe we would have to have an umberella rangers fans consortuim of sorts. An amalgamation of all supporters trusts etc.

. Then say ten names would be put up and their views outlined at the beginning of each three year tenure. Like a political hustings or sumin. Where each candidate lays down his or her vision and what the expect to bring to the table.

Their would be an overall owner, who i believe is putting money into the club, the same as any businessman should be able to do what he sees is best for his business model. Clearly there will be input from financial and marketing etc , but i think it is important to get 'constructive views' over to the boardd. No point in voting for a numpt who is just gonna ask about the return of the billy boys for three years.

We would expect those put forward from a fans rep to have some sort of position in society, someone educated and can prove that he is able to construct an argument and deliver the views of the fans.

Lets be honest, democracy is great, but with political parties trying to diss each other all the time, fractions, scandal after scandal, which is where we are at just now, it dont work the way it should. Too many people trying to get their own way and so many views that dont get heard.

So , yeah one owner, two elected fans reps for periods of up to three years, with a yearly review of issues that they have had influence on in the board room and to show they are not there doing nada.

I understand what you are saying but look what the side we prefer are getting up too .Two wrongs are not making it right in this instance and it's getting beyond a joke .

I think they've been left with no choice but to fight dirty, if they just sat there they would have no way back. Its all pretty unedifying but it was the 'Rangers men' who instigated this farrago after others gave us a club to follow last season. Trying to separate the business from the football is becoming increasingly difficult and I'm sure we all want an end to it as soon as possible.