Protestant X1

Super1690

True

Who's misbehaved tho?

I would say that anyone suggesting a player is not fit to represent my club, based on their colour, creed or religion is not exactly bahaving in a true christian manner? It strikes me as being quite sad to start a thread asking for a team selection that clearly omits our most recently signed player.

The thread is embarrassing and only serves to highglight a minority opinion shared by knuckle draggers within our support

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that anyone suggesting a player is not fit to represent my club, based on their colour, creed or religion is not exactly bahaving in a true christian manner? It strikes me as being quite sad to start a thread asking for a team selection that clearly omits our most recently signed player.

The thread is embarrassing and only serves to highglight a minority opinion shared by knuckle draggers within our support

Suggesting a team of Proddies out of the players we have is not misbehaving, it's just a wee talking point.

The bit about dropping Black if he's a Catholic was said in a jest way.

Some right sensitive and offended wee souls on here now.... worse than first time round when I was last on here and that's saying something!!

Well sad StornawayBlue.

Far to many uber proddies on here and damn few Christians.

I love the "You dont need to go to church to beieve in God" bit. Then they damn those Chapel going heathens. :000000082:

Difference is the Chapel goers were brought up to fear God, not embrace him.

Suggesting a team of Proddies out of the players we have is not misbehaving, it's just a wee talking point.

The bit about dropping Black if he's a Catholic was said in a jest way.

Some right sensitive and offended wee souls on here now.... worse than first time round when I was last on here and that's saying something!!

Talking point? Certainly is, but it's a divisive ploy and has no constructive outcome. RE Black, many a true word was uttered in jest. It's prehistoric attitudes mate. Who gives a fuck what denomination a player was brough up with.

Talking point? Certainly is, but it's a divisive ploy and has no constructive outcome. RE Black, many a true word was uttered in jest. It's prehistoric attitudes mate. Who gives a fuck what denomination a player was brough up with.

I think your over-reacting a bit mate (as is a couple of others)

It's amazing that in 2013 you cant talk about Rangers Protestant players without people getting their knickers in a right twist, Yet the same people are overjoyed at Daly the Irish Catholic signing!

When did it become a crime to be Protestant?

It's almost as if folk are trying to start a fuckin Jihad. Who the hell said it was a crime to be a protestant? I'm all for talking about the best team from the squad we have but I get my "knickers in a twist," when we start divvying up this squad based on their religious backgrounds. There is the crime. Next we'll be asking for a team made up of blond haired players with blue eyes, cmon. I'd have been just as happy to have Boyd or Miller announced as Daly but it was Jon Daly that has been signed so we should all get behind him.

It's amazing that in 2013 you cant talk about Rangers Protestant players without people getting their knickers in a right twist, Yet the same people are overjoyed at Daly the Irish Catholic signing!

Maybe not all posters view players by religion rather by what they feel they can offer our club.

You are now not allowed to say that you are a Protestant Rangers supporter, some people seem ashamed of our traditions.

You are now not allowed to say that you are a Protestant Rangers supporter, some people seem ashamed of our traditions.

You are if that is what you believe, we are all different our opinions wont always be the same on everything.

What makes me laugh is the ones who say they are religious just to get it up the scum the same way as you see the inbreeds crossing themselves as some form of wind up.

Aye, you are. Its a free world, say what you like. A Rangers supporter can be Presbyterian, Catholic, Jewish, Black, White or otherwise. My overwhelming feeling on this would be to have the emphasis put on the fact you were a Rangers supporter first. Is a black Catholic Rangers Fan any less of a Fan than a white Presbyterian? No, so why would you even want to make that distinction?

Aye, you are. Its a free world, say what you like. A Rangers supporter can be Presbyterian, Catholic, Jewish, Black, White or otherwise. My overwhelming feeling on this would be to have the emphasis put on the fact you were a Rangers supporter first. Is a black Catholic Rangers Fan any less of a Fan than a white Presbyterian? No, so why would you even want to make that distinction?

Can not be bothered to argue anymore, getting to old, tired and weary. Plus following our club for the last couple of years had made me ill, you just do not know what the next day is going to throw up.

No one has ever ever ever said it was.

Not true.

Most of the people on here seem ashamed of the fact we have a Protestant and Loyalist fan base

You scared to even say Proddy on here, sad times - the taigs reading on love that more than some guy putting up a Proddy XI in jest

This forum has become depressing reading almost overnight

So if it's all in good fun and not meant to be taken seriously what would the OP's best Catholic Rangers 11 be? I must admit that I always find it funny at how many people on the list want to show how good a protestant they are, but have they ever actually attended any church on a regular basis? Furthermore if the don't support a protestant church are they really protesting against all religions not just the RC variation of Christianity?

So if it's all in good fun and not meant to be taken seriously what would the OP's best Catholic Rangers 11 be? I must admit that I always find it funny at how many people on the list want to show how good a protestant they are, but have they ever actually attended any church on a regular basis? Furthermore if the don't support a protestant church are they really protesting against all religions not just the RC variation of Christianity?

As said you don't have to go to church to be a Protestant

Do a Catholic XI if it means that much to you there will be some good players in it

As said you don't have to go to church to be a Protestant

Do a Catholic XI if it means that much to you there will be some good players in it

Cheers for the back up mate ha ha honestly i think i have offended most people on here. A team full of proddies what a scandal