A Call For Unity Between Fans

Buzz

A call for unity between the various fans forums  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for the owners and operators of this forum to develop a more healthy relationship with the other forums?

• Yes
    • No
    • This is unnecessary

There's a fair chunk who are members of at least two forums.

Absolutely - probably most people use at least two.

I post on three, lurk on another and use Twitter regularly. However, despite being closely involved with two sites I would never let that stop me from accepting criticism or falling out with people who disagreed with me.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely - probably most people use at least two.

I post on three, lurk on another and use Twitter regularly. However, despite being closely involved with two sites I would never let that stop me from accepting criticism or falling out with people who disagreed with me.

I think your point was right in that most posters have an allegiance to one site, irrespective of how many they use.

Take FF, RM, VB & Gersnet. The sites differ so widely in approach and style, it would be impossible for anyone who possesses meaningful opinions to like all four equally.

I think your point was right in that most posters have an allegiance to one site, irrespective of how many they use.

Take FF, RM, VB & Gersnet. The sites differ so widely in approach and style, it would be impossible for anyone who possesses meaningful opinions to like all four equally.

Agreed. But neither should we allow those differing styles, content and members to split us. Instead we should use any disagreement constructively alongside the pros and cons each part of the community offers.

I don't think FF and RM are all that different, maybe that's just because I stay well away from the RST bunfights.

Swally

I was actually referring to a more general point rather than the specific thread referred to - but Darche is going to take things forward following a chat on PM.

Perhaps you were too busy doing Upward Dog Rising to notice this :P

Shall I call off the masked hit squad who are currently in his back garden then?

Why don't we all just fight like fuck on here then when season starts we all go along too ibrox and unite in slating Hutton , black etc ? Is that not what fans do ?

no supporters go to ibrox to back their team - idiots go to slag the players!

So far the poll seems to indicate no real desire for unity in our support, which I find a bit disheartening tbh.

Should we as a support be fractured simply due to what forums or fan groups we are members of?

I`d think the most important thing right now is for as much of the support to sing from the same songsheet in regards to the health & protection of our great institution, but then I may be an idealist.

They are forums - I would be more concerned if I seen the behavoir and language used on forums between fans become the norm in society or sitting next to one another at Ibrox. Very few people (if any) would talk the way to a person in the pub the way they are addressed sometimes on some of the on line topics.

I am not on FF or have anything to do with RST, but I would venture we are not as fractured a support as the online interaction I see daily would lead us to believe.

I am not suggesting we all agree on everything - we clearly dont - but actions speak louder than words and the actions of the Rangers support this year confirmed that at the end of the day we all support the club and the team - regardless of some of the conversations in the forums.

Agreed. But neither should we allow those differing styles, content and members to split us. Instead we should use any disagreement constructively alongside the pros and cons each part of the community offers.

Sorry but that is idealistic.

The forums are very different and for that reason attract very different types of people as adherents. I can't see any marked relationship between the Rangers that I love/live and the FF forum or the RST. The very ethos of these organisations are the opposite of the Rangers legacy of morality, dignity and dare I say it integrity (sporting and otherwise).

For me that's one of the reasons why the events of the last 18 months have hurt so much. People who have been involved with the club have not lived up to these standards, they've let the club - and all associated with it - down.

There are others, on the fringe of the club (principally the entities named above), who also have acted abominably and continue to do so.

The thought of uniting with them appeals to me as much as the thought of inviting Craig Whyte round for dinner.

Possibly an appropriate topic for my first post (if it gets through moderation that is).

We are united. United in our love for our club and wanting what is best for it. We don't always agree on what that is but that is normal and healthy, we can't expect to agree on everything. If we all met in the pub we'd probably get on well (maybe a few exceptions there but in general we would).

Constructive criticism is fine but sometimes people just seem to make things up, particularly about the RST. I've read things on here that I know are nonsense and that is why I registered. At the Trust we believe in fan ownership and have in place a mechanism to achieve that. We have tried to take on board all the criticism by launching a new website which gives members an opportunity to become much more involved in the running of the Trust.

I don't think it's particularly helpful to anyone to refer to things that happened nearly five years ago. The vast majority of Board members have changed since then and we want to move forward.

I'm happy to answer any questions as long as they are sensible but I'm not going to get embroiled in petty arguements with people who clearly hate the Trust for no good reason.

How do you suggest we 'civilise the relationship?' Are we to ban any negative mention of FF? To be honest, I don't really see much of that anyway. I wouldn't say there's none, but not enough to concern anyone. Are FF to ban any negative mention of FF?

Or is what you're getting at that we should ban any negative mention of the RST? Remember, FF and the RST are completely separate, or so we are repeatedly told. We will continue to allow both positive and negative comment on the RST. They are a supporters organisation with the aim of owning the club, and are therefore wide open to comment and criticism.

I saw as much personal abuse from Chris Graham yesterday as I saw from anyone.

I'm not suggesting banning any mention of FF/RST, but what I am suggesting is banning the personal abuse and pointless slagging that we see so often on here. It's holding back the Rangers support.

And you're thinking of the wrong thread, I'm on about the thread previously posted in which he exposed Imran Ahmad on the CRO.

In any case, it's clear from this vote that your forum has made it's opinion clear. Which is a nice start. Hopefully the administrators of the forum will act upon the mandate it has been given and cut out the personal abuse, the petty shite and accept constructive criticism and debate only. Hate is for our enemies, we all have a common goal.

Possibly an appopriate topic for my first post (if it gets through moderation that is).

We are united. United in our love for our club and wanting what is best for it. We don't always agree on what that is but that is normal and healthy, we can't expect to agree on everything. If we all met in the pub we'd probably get on well (maybe a few exceptions there but in general we would).

Constructive criticism is fine but sometimes people just seem to make things up, particularly about the RST. I've read things on here that I know are nonsense and that is why I registered. At the Trust we believe in fan ownership and have in place a mechanism to achieve that. We have tried to take on board all the criticism by launching a new website which gives members an opportunity to become much more involved in the running of the Trust.

I don't think it's particularly helpful to anyone to refer to things that happened nearly five years ago. The vast majority of Board members have changed since then and we want to move forward.

I'm happy to answer any questions as long as they are sensible but I'm not going to get embroiled in petty arguements with people who clearly hate the Trust for no good reason.

Welcome (tu) and good luck.

Maybe a new thread would be better to concentrate questions that any users have?

Possibly an appropriate topic for my first post (if it gets through moderation that is).

Welcome RST.

Please donate a tenner to the RangersMedia Sponsors' Fund.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=252200

What's good for the goose after all ;)