I'll tell you something about McCoist

I'll say something, for all the criticism he get's off people - me included (and more often than not justified IMO) - when it comes to convincing players to sign he must be up there with the best.

Law, Daly (urgg), Clark, Bell and even last season with the likes of Templeton, Shiels, Black - they have all said the same thing that when they've all spoke to the manager it has left them convinced that Rangers are the only team they want to play for.

Regardless of managerial ability in a footballing sense, that is a good gift to have. It makes signing good players a lot easier.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll say something, for all the criticism he get's off people - me included (and more often than not justified IMO) - when it comes to convincing players to sign he must be up there with the best.

Law, Daly (urgg), Clark, Bell and even last season with the likes of Templeton, Shiels, Black - they have all said the same thing that when they've all spoke to the manager it has left them convinced that Rangers are the only team they want to play for.

Regardless of managerial ability in a footballing sense, that is a good gift to have. It makes signing good players a lot easier.

I dont think players playing for wee shitey Scottish teams need much convincing to come to the Rangers...If he had 3 or 4 Premiership players coming in then yeah.

I dont think players playing for wee shitey Scottish teams need much convincing to come to the Rangers...If he had 3 or 4 Premiership players coming in then yeah.

:lol:

Happy days are here again

The skies above are clear again

So lets sing a song of cheer again

Happy days are here again

It's a fair point but without knowing all the facts it's the only one you can come too..

But how easy is it to convince someone on £2k at Killie to come play for Rangers on £4k for example? probably fairly easy.. or would an extra £4k sweeten the deal?

I don't disagree but I think the wage will play a large part.

Aye same, but to be fair Law and Bell have both hinted it's not about the money. Law even more or less said he could have went down South but he's went with his gut rather than money.

Obviously they won't starve but I still think it does take a bit of convincing getting these guys to drop down a few divisions with no European football for some time too.

Aye same, but to be fair Law and Bell have both hinted it's not about the money. Law even more or less said he could have went down South but he's went with his gut rather than money.

Obviously they won't starve but I still think it does take a bit of convincing getting these guys to drop down a few divisions with no European football for some time too.

Sandaza has probably made me rather cynical.

They both had offers from down south, and I would assume that the wages on offer down there would be either better, or at least the same as we can offer.

It clearly isn't all about the money. It's all about the Rangers.

Which would suggest that given the fare on offer last season many of them didn't want to play for him

I don't think it's not wanting to play for him, I think they do - I think it's other factors like formations, instructions, tactics, inspiration/motivation/encouragment from the touchlines - all that seems to be non-existent

I don't think it's not wanting to play for him, I think they do - I think it's other factors like formations, instructions, tactics, inspiration/motivation/encouragment from the touchlines - all that seems to be non-existent

Couldnt Agree more

I dunno. When I was younger and my current wife was my then girlfriend, Ally tried to chat her up in Victorias in Glasgow - while I was standing right next to her.

Cheeky bastard epic failed, and I have been dubious as to his negotiating skills ever since.

How bloody dare you say something positive about Ally Mcoist one of the greatest ever Ranger.

What do you think this is a Rangers forum??

It will never catch on ;)

lol I just believe in giving credit where it's due too - regardless of what people say ;)