I'll tell you something about McCoist

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are still a massive pull for players. Best facilities in Scotland, some of the best facilities in Europe, 40,000 plus fans evey other week, their chance to play their part in getting us back to the top and of course the wage they will be getting.

Players will still be wanting to come to us and I'm sure Ally helps play his part in enticing them to join I reckon there mind would already be made up when they walk through the doors at Ibrox and realise what a huge club we are.

How bloody dare you say something positive about Ally Mcoist one of the greatest ever Ranger.

What do you think this is a Rangers forum??

It will never catch on ;)

I'd rather RM weren't a sycophants forum.

There's enough of that on FF.

I dunno. When I was younger and my current wife was my then girlfriend, Ally tried to chat her up in Victorias in Glasgow - while I was standing right next to her.

Cheeky bastard epic failed, and I have been dubious as to his negotiating skills ever since.

What happened the following week when you weren't with her?

They both had offers from down south, and I would assume that the wages on offer down there would be either better, or at least the same as we can offer.

It clearly isn't all about the money. It's all about the Rangers.

Sandaza was meant to have had other offers, yet we all found out why he joined.

Anyway, it's a minor point, as long as they give their all for us.

If a players signs for Rangers Ally gets all the credit. If said player joins the Championship, it's not Ally's fault, as the player is just joining a bigger, better, cash rich league.

Ally is in a no lose situation really. No one is ever going to say 'that player didn't sign for us because Ally failed to convince him' are they? Last season Ally failed to convince Hemed, Danns, Conway, etc if you want to go down that road.

Money, big crowds being a fan anyway, hero worship, an easy jaunt for the next couple of years. A mixture of all that, but in particular the pay part are what will be helping players to join. I don't think it would matter who was manager.

If a players signs for Rangers Ally gets all the credit. If said player joins the Championship, it's not Ally's fault, as the player is just joining a bigger, better, cash rich league.

Ally is in a no lose situation really. No one is ever going to say 'that player didn't sign for us because Ally failed to convince him' are they? Last season Ally failed to convince Hemed, Danns, Conway, etc if you want to go down that road.

That was 2 seasons ago

I'll say something, for all the criticism he get's off people - me included (and more often than not justified IMO) - when it comes to convincing players to sign he must be up there with the best.

Law, Daly (urgg), Clark, Bell and even last season with the likes of Templeton, Shiels, Black - they have all said the same thing that when they've all spoke to the manager it has left them convinced that Rangers are the only team they want to play for.

Regardless of managerial ability in a footballing sense, that is a good gift to have. It makes signing good players a lot easier.

There is no doubting Allys passion and love for Rangers he speaks about us in the true supporter sense, Ally lives breathes and dreams Rangers, if he can get over his cautious and at times ultra negative style of play and get a little more nasty with underperforming players then he will do alright as a manager, its all down to you now Super, shows us what you got :superally:

I am probably skeptical but I don't really think what a manager says in signing talks matters much anymore. Basically it all comes down to money in most occasions now. The modern day footballer is probably only interested in what the manager says if they have a couple of equal offers on the table.

Ally has done well convincing all the players to sign for us in lower leagues but I honestly think if they had more lucrative offers elsewhere they would have taken them instead.

I am probably skeptical but I don't really think what a manager says in signing talks matters much anymore. Basically it all comes down to money in most occasions now. The modern day footballer is probably only interested in what the manager says if they have a couple of equal offers on the table.

Ally has done well convincing all the players to sign for us in lower leagues but I honestly think if they had more lucrative offers elsewhere they would have taken them instead.

According to Nicky Law and Cammy Bell too i think, they did have better paid options but chose to join Rangers, now i accept all players like to say this kind of stuff when they join a club but i believe them as even League One/Two in England can out musscle Scottish clubs for wages these days, but you wont play to 50k supporters in League One or even the EPL unless you sign for a CL club, Rangers are unique in having such an appeal for such a low level of football, and that includes when we were in the spl.

That was 2 seasons ago

Who cares? Ally was the manager then. Ally did meet Hemed, Conway, and Danns. I can only assume he failed to convince them.

You can't credit Ally when a player does sign but blame something else the player chooses to go elsewhere. Unless of course Ally can do no wrong.

Who cares? Ally was the manager then. Ally did meet Hemed, Conway, and Danns. I can only assume he failed to convince them.

You can't credit Ally when a player does sign but blame something else the player chooses to go elsewhere. Unless of course Ally can do no wrong.

Maybe it was also the joke contracts being offered by our then joke owner (Just saying)