*** RM Sponsors’ Fund - The Official ‘Let’s Spend The Money’ Discussion Thread

govanblue

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that sentence is definately odd..........odd squad odd.

I'm definately in the FTP squad, but when Daly runs out in a blue jersey.....he'll get my full support. Think he needs our backing more than the others if you see where i'm coming from.

I used to be in the Govan True Blues bus and we were the first club to vote Mo Johnson player of the year after he signed. No problem with that cos he played well specially what he had to put up with from all sides.

Can we sponsor one of the Rangers Ladies ?

At first glance, I don't see why not.

Here's their wiki entry...

"

The club was founded in 2008, as Rangers followed the example of c*lt*c, Hibernian and Aberdeen in developing a women's section. The formation of the team involved a partnership with Paisley City Ladies.[3] Former Rangers youth academy coach Drew Todd was brought in to coach the team. Scotland women's national football team player Jayne Sommerville was signed as the new team's first captain.[4]

Entering the Scottish Women's First Division, Rangers Ladies won the league in their debut season. They also reached the final of the Scottish Women's Cup but lost 5–0 to Glasgow City.[5]

Former East Stirlingshire footballer Scott Allison was appointed manager in 2010.[6] The club reached the Cup final again but were beaten 2–1 by Hibernian.[7]

In May 2011 Alana Marshall became the first female Rangers player to be called up by the senior Scotland team.[8]

In February 2012,The Herald newspaper reported that the financial crisis engulfing Rangers threatened the continued existence of the club's women's section

"

And according to this site http://uk.women.socc...ow-rangers-lfc/ -

- they've played 9, won 7 drawn 2,which is not a bad record at all. (tu)

They've got 1 game to go - Kilwinning 30 June, and I think if they win that, they finish as runners-up in the league.

I suppose it can't do any harm to ask Rangers Sponsorship if they have anything 'for sale' with Rangers LFC - I'll drop them an email.

The fact that they were formed by Rangers, and were in trouble when Rangers were, indicates to me that they are probably funded by Rangers, so it should probably be a valid use of the Sponsors' Fund money?

Good suggestion Larkie (tu).

can we buy a ticket for the Sheffield Wed game a raffle it for £1 a go for everyone on website and donate the proceeds to a Rangers Charity?

I think it would be better to focus on home games?

Travelling to Sheffield would be a hassle for many fans, and so there wouldn't be so much take-up.