Rangers win Div 2 - Jon Daly celebrates scenario....

rfc_watp

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread shows what a shambolic signing Daly has been, the very essence of the club is being pickpocketed and we as fans are sleepwalking through it because the lad is a half-decent player

Sold down the river for twenty goals a year, same as the Johnston scenario. And just as with Mo the damage won't resonate until further down the line, still ranks as one of the worst days in our history and was the beginning of the slow process that led to the old company being liquidated

Why are we so afraid to be who we are? We have lost our swagger and signing Jon Daly is designed to stifle the fans further

Edit to add that I have nothing against these players mentioned personally, players do not choose to join a club without being wanted but I wince looking back at Mo in a Gers top, it was short term gain and still divides us all

This thread shows what a shambolic signing Daly has been, the very essence of the club is being pickpocketed and we as fans are sleepwalking through it because the lad is a half-decent player

Sold down the river for twenty goals a year, same as the Johnston scenario. And just as with Mo the damage won't resonate until further down the line, still ranks as one of the worst days in our history and was the beginning of the slow process that led to the old company being liquidated

Why are we so afraid to be who we are? We have lost our swagger and signing Jon Daly is designed to stifle the fans further

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NONSENSE

I think of myself as a reasonable guy and I know there are plenty out there who see it my way

We have become self doubting whereas before we were united in what we deemed correct and suitable for Rangers. Are we now above what was good enough for Struth and Symon, is that where we are headed? Were they wrong in what they saw fit for our club, the standard they upheld?

The tricolour being flown by an Irish man is fine, it's his flag and he should be as proud of that as we are of our UJ. It's the plastic born under the UJ but whom have hatred or it that I struggle to understand.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was, because Murray demonstrated just how reckless he could be with Rangers

He could easily have picked up someone from abroad to demonstrate a point, but he was looking for maximum impact and he got it - anyone who recalls the aftermath of Mo signing will know exactly what I am talking about

Johnston was a top player, and he won people over with his ability but he should never have been a Ranger and I believe the lasting negatives incurred from 1989 far outweigh the immediate positives we gained during his relatively short stint with us

It was, because Murray demonstrated just how reckless he could be with Rangers

He could easily have picked up someone from abroad to demonstrate a point, but he was looking for maximum impact and he got it - anyone who recalls the aftermath of Mo signing will know exactly what I am talking about

Johnston was a top player, and he won people over with his ability but he should never have been a Ranger and I believe the lasting negatives incurred from 1989 far outweigh the immediate positives we gained during his relatively short stint with us

Souness signed Johnston. Not Murray.

Souness signed Johnston. Not Murray.

And he should not have been given the permission nor funds to do so in my opinion

It took me a few years after Johnston moved on to realise that the thoughts, emotions and feelings I had that day Mo signed (family had been told earlier by a reliable source it was happening but we all collectively laughed and dismissed it at time) were right and true - he belonged nowhere near Rangers

That is done and dusted and I can't help but feel Daly is a pure PR signing following events at Berwick. A decent player no doubt, but the wrong guy at the wrong time and done for all the same wrong reasons just as all those years ago. I'm not for selling the clubs intergrity down the river for a few goals once more

And he should not have been given the permission nor funds to do so in my opinion

It took me a few years after Johnston moved on to realise that the thoughts, emotions and feelings I had that day Mo signed (family had been told earlier by a reliable source it was happening but we all collectively laughed and dismissed it at time) were right and true - he belonged nowhere near Rangers

That is done and dusted and I can't help but feel Daly is a pure PR signing following events at Berwick. A decent player no doubt, but the wrong guy at the wrong time and done for all the same wrong reasons just as all those years ago. I'm not for selling the clubs intergrity down the river for a few goals once more

Did you go fucking laldy on the 4th November 1989 when Mo hit the winning goal against them? I sure as fuck did.

Would you go fucking laldy if Daly hit the winner against them? I sure as fuck will!

IMO, that's what it's all about! (tu)

He's said Celtic in an interview before that Scottish Cup Final a couple of years ago the one Goodwillie and Conway scored in

Funny how when you tell people this no one replies yet we have people constantly saying "what makes you think he's a Celtic supporter!"

Thankfully most of the fans have moved on from this pish.

Did you go fucking laldy on the 4th November 1989 when Mo hit the winning goal against them? I sure as fuck did.

Would you go fucking laldy if Daly hit the winner against them? I sure as fuck will!

IMO, that's what it's all about! (tu)

I know it's revisionism and I apologise for that bud but we could easily have signed another player of equal quality to do that at the time. Yes, it was something else because it totallly scunnered them which is always magic, particularly when Mo 'won us over' on that day - but as I say it was short term gain and it has left us a support divided - look to the pages of this and countless other threads and the evidence is clear

This time my eyes are open, Daly will score a barrowload for us but his legacy may just further dilute what Rangers means to a lot of fans. I'm not sectarian and wish Daly all the best in life. He just shouldn't be playing for Rangers is all

I know it's revisionism and I apologise for that bud but we could easily have signed another player of equal quality to do that at the time. Yes, it was something else because it totallly scunnered them which is always magic, particularly when Mo 'won us over' on that day - but as I say it was short term gain and it has left us a support divided - look to the pages of this and countless other threads and the evidence is clear

This time my eyes are open, Daly will score a barrowload for us but his legacy may just further dilute what Rangers means to a lot of fans. I'm not sectarian and wish Daly all the best in life. He just shouldn't be playing for Rangers is all

Pish. Scoring goals and performing on the park is what is important. If he does a job and conducts himself in the right way he gets my support.

Funny how when you tell people this no one replies yet we have people constantly saying "what makes you think he's a Celtic supporter!"

Just amazed I've no had anyone expect me go down to the TV studios, take the clip out the archives, come home and upload it for proof - like you've got nothing better to do than make stuff up - wish he wasn't a boyhood tarrier