Diamonds Are Forever

With renewals approaching and some Bondholders still seeking confirmation, I am writing to provide you with further clarification on the status of the Rangers Debenture Bond as a result of previous changes to the legal ownership structure of the company. Whilst the bond you hold remains with RFC 2012 and the rights are non-binding under the new company, the Board has intimated that they would like Bondholders to continue to benefit from certain ticketing rights.

This season Bondholders were given priority to purchase a season ticket on the seat(s) on which they held a bond and benefited from a priority sales period for non-season ticket games.

The Board have agreed to extend those ticketing rights into next season as follows:

- Until further notice, Bondholders will retain the right to purchase a ticket for every non season ticket home match during a priority sales period and will receive the same discount as season ticket holders. Please note that for operational reasons, the seat may not be the one on which a Bond was held.

- For Bondholders who purchased a season ticket for season 2012/13 all season ticket rights will prevail next season and for so long as the season ticket is renewed - a renewal form will be sent out prior to the start of next season.

- Bondholders who did not purchase a season ticket on their bond seat(s) this season will have one further opportunity to purchase a season ticket on their bond seat(s) for season 2013/14.

If you would like to exercise your right to priority purchase you must contact Rangers Ticket Centre on 0871 702 1972 (calls costs 10p per minute plus network extras) with your Rangers Number and Bond seat details no later than Monday 17 June. Please note you will not be sent a renewal form, you must contact Rangers Ticket Centre. For seasons following, normal season ticket rights will prevail so long as the season ticket is renewed.

If you have any questions regarding the above please contact the Rangers Ticket Centre on 0871 702 1972 (calls costs 10p per minute plus network extras), email ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk or in writing to Rangers Ticket Centre, Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow, G51 2XD.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely,

Susan Hannah

Ticket Centre Manager

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not according to Gary - he phoned the club and had it confirmed.

Gary referred to the person he spoke to as a "plonker from customer services"

I think a representation to the club would sort this out - they have nothing financially to gain from this

So if he doesn't renew does he want it to lie empty?

swally that was 1 of the bonuses for buying a seat was if you couldn't make it for a season,the club could sell the seat for a season and it would revert back to the seat owner at the start of the new season

It would be useful for someone to clarify this with the club before everyone goes bananas.

There is a high likelihood that some brain dead numpty has made this decision without being in possession of all the facts.

I think we are being a bit premature here.

I'll pop round tomorrow and ask him to phone and see what's actually happening mate (tu)

swally that was 1 of the bonuses for buying a seat was if you couldn't make it for a season,the club could sell the seat for a season and it would revert back to the seat owner at the start of the new season

Having read the email it would appear that if you didn't take up your seat last year and next year they will then remove your right to retain it.

I honestly dont think that's the end of the world and relative to people losing thousands in lost shares is pretty insignificant imho.

Having read the email it would appear that if you didn't take up your seat last year and next year they will then remove your right to retain it.

I honestly dont think that's the end of the world and relative to people losing thousands in lost shares is pretty insignificant imho.

with all due respect mate it not insignificant to me and I totally agree with you about the shareholders ,what happened to the shareholders was a disgrace and I hope with people like dart fighting their corner the shareholders will have their day in court.and the people who committed crimes against rangers are jailed

with all due respect mate it not insignificant to me and I totally agree with you about the shareholders ,what happened to the shareholders was a disgrace and I hope with people like dart fighting their corner the shareholders will have their day in court.and the people who committed crimes against rangers are jailed

Did you renew your ticket last year and are yu renewing this year?

I have to disagree with that Swally - even as a shareholder who lost money.

If we make everything relative to the thousands who lost in shares then we will have to dismiss everything.

Furthermore given there has been a large investment by fans in the new share flotation it may well be some fans are not in a position to afford a season ticket this season, but felt at the time the greater priority was ensuring the flotation was a success.

I have to disagree with that Swally - even as a shareholder who lost money.

If we make everything relative to the thousands who lost in shares then we will have to dismiss everything.

Furthermore given there has been a large investment by fans in the new share flotation it may well be some fans are not in a position to afford a season ticket this season, but felt at the time the greater priority was ensuring the flotation was a success.

Don't get me wrong I see your point but if someone misses two years where do you draw the line?

3? 5? 10?

If I took a bondholders seat for three or four years running in the lower divisions and I liked it I wouldn't be happy if I got ejected from it when we get back to "the big league"

We are not a new club but we are living in new times

I think there's been an over reaction to this and it's suddenly gone viral which helps no one

Don't get me wrong I see your point but if someone misses two years where do you draw the line?

3? 5? 10?

If I took a bondholders seat for three or four years running in the lower divisions and I liked it I wouldn't be happy if I got ejected from it when we get back to "the big league"

We are not a new club but we are living in new times

I think there's been an over reaction to this and it's suddenly gone viral which helps no one

If we are in the lower divisions for 4 years I certainly wont be happy !

That might depend on Ally's tactics. :D

But you see my point?

Is this like I'll show you mine if you show me yours ? :lol:

But in all serious I do to an extent - however I think the timing just after the shares issue is insensitive and I have concerns regarding the playing of the newco card in this whole debacle.

It just seems its all take take take...

Edit

PS the next thing you know they'll be wanting to re-name the stadium....

Is this like I'll show you mine if you show me yours ? :lol:

But in all serious I do to an extent - however I think the timing just after the shares issue is insensitive and I have concerns regarding the playing of the newco card in this whole debacle.

It just seems its all take take take...

I also lost money through the subscription to the Rangers Monthly so if you don't do a blog on that the seal gets it

:D

I was not a bond-holder...so thats my starting point.

Will the newco also pay dividends to any oldco shares?

Thought not.

Its a totally unfortunate state of affairs IMO but one that circumstances have decreed.

Life is not fair....neither is business...or sport.

I really dont see why a bond-holder (of any club) should be treated differently to a share-holder or any other creditor.....but they do have my respect and sympathy for monies lost.

So it's not an issue yet?

The club don't stand to gain anything from this decision so I reckon if enough people made representations to them they would rescind it

Well Chuck certainly would if he was still here. :)

Poor show that we have even tried to use the oldco/newco pish to get out of honouring the bonds. Just because the old shareholders got shafted, it doesn't mean that the bond holders need to get shafted too, especially when there is no real need for it. The only reason I can think to renage on the bonds, is to sell them again if people let them lapse. Surely to fuck that isn't the plan??

Edit; Didn't mean to quote you swally. Was just making a general point.

Poor show that we have even tried to use the oldco/newco pish to get out of honouring the bonds. Just because the old shareholders got shafted, it doesn't mean that the bond holders need to get shafted too, especially when there is no real need for it. The only reason I can think to renage on the bonds, is to sell them again if people let them lapse. Surely to fuck that isn't the plan??

You haven't read the thread have you?

And so are Rangers. Allegedly.

Rangers, Now, Then & Forever.

But for the older Bears among us the thread title has a link to Bond. Not James Bond, but Ibrox Bond Holders. Who bought into our club with the promise of a seat for life.

Guys like Gary.

Only Gary received an e-mail informing him this will be the last season his seat would be guaranteed. Gary subsequently phoned the club today and pointed out that he had bought his seat for life. He was told by a staff member at our club that his seat had been bought from the oldco and the newco would not be honouring the agreement.

One wonders where to start with this. How about the thousands of Rangers fans who have to suffer daily taunts that “your club is dead”. Our support has laboured tirelessly to dispel this falsehood, quoting several objective official sources which confirm the continuity of our history and of course, our titles.

Of course there was considerable anger inside Ibrox when several players refused to TUPE over to the newco. In fact this very subject is currently the subject of litigation, drawing comments at the time from Charles Green “I'm very, very disappointed of course. “ and "I think this is just opportunism."

Perhaps then those inside Ibrox will understand the “disappointment” of fans who see this latest dishonouring of an agreement with the support as just “opportunism”.

There was considerable mocking of the SFA/SPL when they continually moved the goalposts with regard to oldco and newco. When it suited their agenda we were oldco when it didn’t we were newco. It seems our club are as guilty of this practice as those they criticised for such very action.

I sure someone familiar with corporate or business law will point out what Rangers are doing is within the law. But that doesn't make it right. Particular when it is to the detriment of supporters who by their loyalty have kept this club alive.

The club I supported has become a mere shadow of itself. And that is being generous.

Very generous.

As someone who is like Gary and also received the same email, my view is that if they do not continue to give me my allocated for the foreseeable future, they will be minus a season ticket holder. I suffered, like many, lost my shares in the club, through that cunt Whyte and I am still very bitter about it. What the new board have got to realise is that to keep the core support on bard they have to treat us fairly