PES 2014

EcosseBear

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The games pish and it has been for years.

If you think having no rain or snow, 20 stadiums with no major European ones plus less editing functions and teams makes for a good football game then god help you

Yes it was awful after PES 6....This is a brand new game...You really thought the demo was pish? Konami's first ever attempt at doing realistic animations and they are much better than Fifa's which EA have been doing since 2007, First time round...Bang! Also on the rain...The Physics with rain on in Fifa are awful its been one of the main complaints for years.

If the game play is better and they have the basic game modes I'd consider giving them another chance. The rain in Fifa can go suck a dick anyway, probably the most unrealistic feature in the game. Makes for a shit game no matter what mode

Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>Stadiums & Rain

FIFA has the best game play.

Has all the licences.

Has all the modes.

Online is not a pile of shit.

Has authentic coverage.

PES is a pile of shite mate, you are like the last person in the UK who thinks otherwise :lol:

People who play pes are either

A - shite at FIFA and can't take it

B - haven't gave FIFA a chance and just buy pro evo every year and complain about how FIFA is shite eventhough they haven't have it a chance

(tu)

It's not even a debate anymore.

PES is so far behind FIFA it will take years for them to even get close and that's if FIFA stays as it is never mind the next gen era.

It's like when old people say "iPhone? What would I need one of those for when I've got this" *whips out generic shite old phone that does nothing but phone calls and text*

This is a similar situation, FIFA is the iPhone and pes is the shitey old phone, but pes fan boys are just stuck in their ways and are afraid to try anything else, even if it is much better.

It's like when old people say "iPhone? What would I need one of those for when I've got this" *whips out generic shite old phone that does nothing but phone calls and text*

This is a similar situation, FIFA is the iPhone and pes is the shitey old phone, but pes fan boys are just stuck in their ways and are afraid to try anything else, even if it is much better.

I've bought PES every year on next gen clinging on to the past glory days.

I even failed to get FIFA this year until Christmas because I wanted to give it a chance but it bored the life out of me. It's just not a good package at all.

It's become an arcade button strategy game solely designed for Asians.

Want to do a rainbow flick? Then get the equation jotted out

Pes fanboy? Been playing Fifa since 08....This year looks like the first year PES is better. Being a fanboy for anything is for faggots...Plenty of Fifa fanboys in here a thread for PES ;)

I would heavily wager PES will again be behind FIFA for the 6th straight year.

The engine is not great and it's far too arcade like to pass as simulation.

They don't even have it on next gen so again FIFA steal another march on Konami.

It's not even close these days, PES is years behind in ever aspect.

I would heavily wager PES will again be behind FIFA for the 6th straight year.

The engine is not great and it's far too arcade like to pass as simulation.

They don't even have it on next gen so again FIFA steal another march on Konami.

It's not even close these days, PES is years behind in ever aspect.

What on earth are you talking about? It's a brand new engine, Fox engine designed by Kojima which is also getting used for MGS5 and it's incredible...It's completely different to any PES before it.

Dont know if you know of Xaor he's known by EA & Konami and gets flown out to Vancover by EA every year and also is part of 2 major Fifa sites...Like us he prefers Fifa or did...Heres his view on the forthcoming PES...

Pro Evolution Soccer

Away from FIFA, there has been another pretty significant development in the last week. Thanks to a mess up on Sony’s end, a demo for PES 2014 was accidentally put online. It was swiftly taken down but the demo has proliferated through the community all the same. Having put a fair few hours into Konami’s latest effort and new engine, I feel it is worth discussing here, while keeping in mind that this demo was never meant to be released.

In brief, I'd say that 70% of PES 2014 is brilliant, with numerous areas of gameplay which are simply head and shoulders above what has come before. The remaining 30% is a mixture of rough edges, quirks, flaws and bugs, but they do not obscure the fact that Konami have put together something really special.

Playing through the midfield is a real trial, with tight marking leading to fewer good passing options. It leads to a lot more backwards and sideways passing as you try and manipulate the defence - advance too quickly and you’ll rarely find yourself with the space to remain in control. Compared to FIFA’s build up play, which is often a case of passing forward, turning, passing forward, turning, with a few one-twos mixed in, it’s a lot more thoughtful and frankly a lot more satisfying.

On the ball, things feel excellent. You can’t maintain much less speed making sharp turns but you have a tremendous amount of close control. Where in FIFA I am always trying to keep my distance from other players, I can get right up close in PES and I love it. Dribbling around the feet of players, sometimes only inches away, it can be absolutely spellbinding.

It is here that the major improvements to physicality in PES 2014 are best seen. It’s always been a bit of a weak spot, with most tussles ending in a clumsy stumble in PES 2013. In PES 2014, Konami have their own brand new collision system to go up against FIFA 12’s not-exactly-perfect Player Impact Engine. PES 2014’s Motion Animation Stability System not only has a better acronym, it's also having a far better debut.

That’s not to say it doesn’t have it’s moments, but for the most part it provides genuine looking collisions and tackles, as well as allowing players to use their strength to jostle for position and to protect the ball. FIFA has excelled with physicality this generation - perhaps going a little overboard in areas - but for PES it’s an absolute revelation.

As suggested earlier, the demo is not without its issues. The referees are seriously suspect, the game features assisted settings which rival FIFA’s in all the wrong ways, the camera is far too close to the action for my liking, and there are widespread complaints of unresponsive gameplay and button lag.

I haven’t experienced a great deal of button lag, but I’ve certainly noticed far too many cases where players will not react whatsoever to my inputs. Typically this occurs when they don’t seem to properly lock into a pass - it seems to me that there is something off about how the game calculates where players need to run to intercept moving balls.

I think it’s important that Konami don’t go the EA route of trying to improve responsiveness by reducing the good work they’ve done in creating a wonderful, deep dribbling system and a palpable sense of inertia with dribbling. That's not to say that PES's recreation of player movement is perfect - it has some of the same issues that FIFA 13 has with players being able to stop from a sprint almost instantly - but it overall does a much better job, particularly on the ball. The difference this makes to the way the game plays is huge - and it's this that I want to see from Precision Movement with FIFA 14.

Whatever your stance on PES and FIFA, I'd heartily recommend giving the (proper) PES demo a good try when it comes out next week, and I hope those at EA will do the same. If both games can learn from each other, it will ultimately improve things for everyone. If you've been playing FIFA for a whole generation, don't expect it to feel 'right' immediately. Almost every element of the game works differently, sometimes in subtle ways and sometimes not. It will take a prolonged effort to truly explore what PES 2014 offers, but I'd vouch that PES 2014's quality demands that effort.

That this demo even exists is a welcome surprise, and it's just the beginning. In under a fortnight, we'll have two more demos. By the end of the month, two new football games. By the end of the year, the first taste of next-gen football. One thing is undeniable - as football gamers we haven't been this spoilt for a long time.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/xaors-cave/25587-xaors-cave-gamescom-footage-and-pes

People have already played it remember and they are not too impressed.

PC gamers have had the demo for weeks!

It's the same old shite.

No demo for the PC due to the modders it comes out around release time...yet more nonsense from yourself on the matter.

The demo has been out for PS3 for a week (really old 70% build) and the vast majority are saying it's better than Fifa i have no idea where you get your information lol, Fifa demo tomorrow lets see how well they implement footplanting and finally they have inertia in the game for the first time ever, Hopefully they can finally crack AI as well so were forced to play football. Then up to date PES demo on the 11th & 12th for PS3/360.

Please dont make up any more shite.

been playing fifa 14 for a few hours now (don't ask how i got hold of it) and i have to say, its fifa 13 with updated kits, players, some new stadiums and a new design, everything else is a the fucking same, its still to damn fast, put on manual passing and the cpu still takes over.

absolute fucking shit

i have no hope for pes either because of ea suing for everything

been playing fifa 14 for a few hours now (don't ask how i got hold of it) and i have to say, its fifa 13 with updated kits, players, some new stadiums and a new design, everything else is a the fucking same, its still to damn fast, put on manual passing and the cpu still takes over.

absolute fucking shit

i have no hope for pes either because of ea suing for everything

Does player inertia not make a big difference? Defence AI as bad as ever? Hard to believe they still have the game to fast...Doubt we'l ever get a Fifa sim again due to the YouTube generation.

No demo for the PC due to the modders it comes out around release time...yet more nonsense from yourself on the matter.

The demo has been out for PS3 for a week (really old 70% build) and the vast majority are saying it's better than Fifa i have no idea where you get your information lol, Fifa demo tomorrow lets see how well they implement footplanting and finally they have inertia in the game for the first time ever, Hopefully they can finally crack AI as well so were forced to play football. Then up to date PES demo on the 11th & 12th for PS3/360.

Please dont make up any more shite.

Fuck up ya stupid wee dick.

Check the wenb site when Konami fucked up and released the demo then took it down though it was too late and folk started seeding and shared it.

Fuck right up before you try and act like a smart arse again ya fool :lol:

Fuck up ya stupid wee dick.

Check the wenb site when Konami fucked up and released the demo then took it down though it was too late and folk started seeding and shared it.

Fuck right up before you try and act like a smart arse again ya fool :lol:

Truly a clown, The demo was for PS3 not PC and Sony fucked up by putting it up not Konami. I've been a member on WENB for 6 years lol....You get the nickname Bullshitter at school by any chance?

I'll have PES in the next few days hopefully so I'll let everyone know my thoughts on it.

Ive played the FIFA 14 beta and whilst it looks quite similar to FIFA 13, it does play ever so slightly different. If the full game works on things that were wrong on FIFA 13 (and arent looking great in the beta) then is there really any need to change that much? What would you really expect to be changed if the game was alright to begin with? PES needed a complete overhaul, FIFA needs tweaks every year, looks how far it came from the first next gen game that only had about 5 leagues. That was a truly awful fucking game.