Would Charles Green have stayed schtum?

thehost

I agree that we will rue the day Green left, but (tin hat on I'll get battered here) what's so bad about the new reconstruction that's went through?

We still get to play in Division 2 next season and no stupid splits.

OK we can't play trialists in league games, but to balance that that stupid rule about ex amount of over 21 players is being scrapped - so that's a win IMO.

what is bad is they need our money or bust.

this gives them our money

I wanted them to collapse

Green would have spoken out

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is bad is they need our money or bust.

this gives them our money

I wanted them to collapse

Green would have spoken out

Your namesake wouldn't have put up with it that's for sure. He comes over to my boy, every home game, and asks him how he is getting on at football. He is forever pressing home that you should never give up and you should always strive to win. Mr Hubbard maybea fine old age but he has ore fight within his frail frame than those who sit around the. Ibrox boardroom combined!

I think Green would have said lots. Would he have achieved a different outcome? I very much doubt it.

The SFL clubs have buckled to blackmail on an issue we had no vote on. It actually has a minimal impact on RFC.

How we react now is crucial though. We should ensure we have a board position and we should be demanding that Doncaster is removed and all board positions are reviewed.

I think Green would have said lots. Would he have achieved a different outcome? I very much doubt it.

The SFL clubs have buckled to blackmail on an issue we had no vote on. It actually has a minimal impact on RFC.

How we react now is crucial though. We should ensure we have a board position and we should be demanding that Doncaster is removed and all board positions are reviewed.

You have the board you want.

I told you this would happen ..... Dignified silence and take it up the jacksie.

I'm happy for smith to prove me wrong.

Alas I doubt I will be issuing an apology to you any time soon.

We will be lucky to have a viable RFC left with the current board.

Your namesake wouldn't have put up with it that's for sure. He comes over to my boy, every home game, and asks him how he is getting on at football. He is forever pressing home that you should never give up and you should always strive to win. Mr Hubbard maybea fine old age but he has ore fight within his frail frame than those who sit around the. Ibrox boardroom combined!

never saw him play but my PE teachers told me that he was brilliant

You have the board you want.

I told you this would happen ..... Dignified silence and take it up the jacksie.

I'm happy for smith to prove me wrong.

Alas I doubt I will be issuing an apology to you any time soon.

We will be lucky to have a viable RFC left with the current board.

I think you're seeing what you want to. Today had nothing to do with our board and they had very little influence over it. Just because Green talked a lot doesn't mean he did either. He caved in just the same in the summer with the 5 way agreement, albeit in a near impossible situation.

We need to be fully involved with the new organisation. That is what will determine the strength of our influence going forward.

I think you're seeing what you want to. Today had nothing to do with our board and they had very little influence over it. Just because Green talked a lot doesn't mean he did either. He caved in just the same in the summer with the 5 way agreement, albeit in a near impossible situation.

We need to be fully involved with the new organisation. That is what will determine the strength of our influence going forward.

How can we be fully involved?

You see liewell giving up all the levers of power?

You see smith and mathers forcing any changes?

I understand why people wanted your rangers men back alas I see it as a death knell of the club, yes I really see it that seriously.

Gubs prediction will be complete within the next 5 years and simply due to our refusal to take these fkrs on.

What difference could the great Charles Green have made?

The same difference he made at the first SPL vote.

It doesn't need green smith and mathers should ave been very, very public before this vote. Both decided not to utter one single word.

Total dereliction of duty in my view.

The same difference he made at the first SPL vote.

It doesn't need green smith and mathers should ave been very, very public before this vote. Both decided not to utter one single word.

Total dereliction of duty in my view.

Which first SPL vote? The one on 12-12-18?

How can we be fully involved?

You see liewell giving up all the levers of power?

You see smith and mathers forcing any changes?

I understand why people wanted your rangers men back alas I see it as a death knell of the club, yes I really see it that seriously.

Gubs prediction will be complete within the next 5 years and simply due to our refusal to take these fkrs on.

It's a new body with board places available. We'll be full members with a vote and not associate members of the SFL. We have influence and friends amongst other clubs if we use it correctly.

Shouting and screaming as Green would have done might have been popular but what would it have achieved? You think him calling them names would have stopped this?

You're entitled to your opinion but it's what we do now that counts. We couldn't stop this vote and even if we had, SPL2 would essentially have created the same issues but with no chance of a board place.

It's a new body with board places available. We'll be full members with a vote and not associate members of the SFL. We have influence and friends amongst other clubs if we use it correctly.

Shouting and screaming as Green would have done might have been popular but what would it have achieved? You think him calling them names would have stopped this?

You're entitled to your opinion but it's what we do now that counts. We couldn't stop this vote and even if we had, SPL2 would essentially have created the same issues but with no chance of a board place.

Its not a 'new' body. Its the existing SPL corporate structure with a new name and by the sounds of it there is one board place for 20 clubs.

Do you think we have the right people in place to do the right thing now? So we have a board place, taken up maybe by Mather who will sit alongside his counterparts from the SPL clubs who tried to destroy us. What can Mather do? Green was at least a man who could bend people's wills. What's Mather got, or even dear old Walter?

Tell you what give me a bell when

Regan Doncaster liewell Riley Lundy and the Celtic fd plus the new Celtic bloke from harpers have been removed.

I could be dead before I hear from you!

We are fecked here and it is down to those in the boardroom

Rangers have been second best (or worse) in the socio-political arena of Scotland for years now. For all his pros and cons, I doubt Green was any more likely to change that than anyone else who has offered us cheap sound-bites to secure our money over the last three ownerships.

It does puzzle me slightly though. Everyone and their dog wanted us to work our way back diligently while maintaining sporting and moral integrity. Now we've got that opportunity with SPL2 knocked on the head. Ergo, I'm not sure where political interference fits into the integrity mantra?

Nonetheless, now the situation is clarified, the club should now be going on the front foot. As fans we should be insisting upon that so what options do we have in that regard?

St Mirren voting against 12 - 12 - 18 had nothing to Green and everything to do with it increasing the chances of St Mirren getting relegated. For all his defiance/playing to the gallery, what did Green actually achieve?

...what did Green actually achieve?

Well he got the screens fixed, which was number one on my wishlist (tu)

But seriously, that's an unfair question. Given the amount of talking Green did, I think it's safe to assume that he did have at least some irons in fires, and it's equally safe to assume that all of those irons would have been extinguished the moment he left.

So I think that if he had been left at the helm, and you asked that question again in 12 months time, the 'achieved list' might have been considerably longer.

Before today's vote or would he have tried to protect the brand? Looks like we are back in the land of the dignified silence, Mather seems awfully keen to follow in the "ranger's men" footsteps, those footsteps that brought us to near oblivion. IMO we will rue the day that smith and mccoist forced Green out of Ibrox, still at least liewell will be happy tonight.

Lol love your stupidity - brightens up a dull day reading you unadulterated nonsense - Walter and ally forcing green out, Green the big hard business man forced out by business light walter ( according to some including you inbelieve) and ally who is not even on the board - comedy gold - dignified silence about something green would have no control or say in ( but he would be good for a sound bite) , basically I think you just make up pish to give us all a good laugh - I'll look forward to your next thread of pish to laugh some more at the drivel you post!

IMO we will rue the day that smith and mccoist forced Green out of Ibrox

I don't remember seeing Smith or McCoist pulling the wires that saw Green's gub threaten to ban Rangers supporters for naughty songs - and anyone who didn't grass those doing so - or start squawking about 'Paki's'.

I'm sure that was Green himself. And no one else.