Suddenly all is quiet at Ibrox

nvager

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a Glasgow marketing agency which was approached by Rangers just before the end of last season with a brief to run a campaign to encourage ST holders to renew. This was felt necessary because 19,000 ST holders weren't attending games.

That is really worrying. That can be for no other reason than the quality of product on the park.

You're preaching to the converted about Ally. I wanted him sacked after Malmo. However, no-one can deny the positive aspects of his time here.

I'm not saying Green had a lack of guts, I'm just saying he isn't as 'swash-buckling' as some claim. The point is valid though, if he was so smart why did he make elementary mistakes?

This argument is irrelevant anyway. Green isn't coming back so we're wasting our time arguing about it.

True. I need to rant, though. :pipe:

I think you will find i am one of the most consistent posters regarding two things

dignified silence -- the damage it does

revenue streams and running us like a business

Here is why i am so out of step with the support.

They want smith a man who has only ever indulged himself in dignified silence and the spunking of other peoples cash.

Mccoist the same silence the same desire for spending.

Green -- stadia naming, ibrox retailing, puma, club shops, edmiston house CUTTING football expenditure, paying 30% t/o on wages

Which one is bumped which two are hero worshipped.

Let me loose as the CEO and i would have the club defended and additional revenue streams within 6 months. It's not difficult. However, how can you run the club as a sustainable business when you have smith idolised and fkning you up the erse for wanting to control expenditure.

Excellent post

I know a Glasgow marketing agency which was approached by Rangers just before the end of last season with a brief to run a campaign to encourage ST holders to renew. This was felt necessary because 19,000 ST holders weren't attending games.

aye thats a scary figure and puts a real perspective on our attendances during the last half of last season

has there been much of a campaign to get people to renew?

The only bright spot is that some of the bainite execs have fecked off and joined his new company. So when we eventually get rid of smith the "corridors of power" will be far easier to control.

Oh Dear , Oh dear .

Just because we're not shouting our business from the rooftops doesn't mean we're not fighting away from the public eye. Since Green left, the actual work being done behind the scenes hasn't diminished. It's just being done privately.

Feel free to put our minds and rest and list those topics being covered