Gers Confirm Pre-Season Tour

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just about to be posted back to UK from Gutersloh, Germany which is right next to where they will be based again in Marienfeld. Low and behold I seem to be staying in the same hotel as my furniture will be in transit then and thats my local hotel.

What about the stay-at-home support? Do we have anything lined up for Ibrox?

The problem we have is our season starts so much earlier than alot of other leagues so unless we manage to do a Celtic and get a free week or squeeze a midweek friendly in its unlikley we will get a game at Ibrox unfortunatly....

How will the rangers be recieved down there mate?

There's actually quite a substantial Rangers fan base in Bristol, personally I've met many fellow fans over the years here.

One half of my family originate from Glasgow, so I've been brought up as a Gers fan naturally. As I say, it's a dream come true for me to see the two clubs facing each other.

The reaction on our main forum highlights that it's a great fixture for the club. There might be a few negative posts but you won't find any thread on OTIB without that! ;) Here's a link. http://www.otib.co.u...155252-rangers/

One slight negative is that our traditional stand for atmosphere in the home end has been entirely allocated to the Rangers support, so our atmosphere won't be as good as usual, I'd expect. However, I'm sure the allocation of 4,000 is more than warranted as it'll sell with ease and I'd expect more in the home end!

I know its early doors but wheres the best place to watch out for where anyone/everyone is staying in Germany.

Im already looking at Gutersloh which is close enough to training camp and where the match is.

Best bet is to ask 1st jan1994 mate

Just realised it's a 12.30 kick off, thats a bit of a downer, ruined it with that kick off time. Might eiter need to fly now or leave at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Is that the Bristol kick off ? Any word on the German kick off if so ?

There's actually quite a substantial Rangers fan base in Bristol, personally I've met many fellow fans over the years here.

One half of my family originate from Glasgow, so I've been brought up as a Gers fan naturally. As I say, it's a dream come true for me to see the two clubs facing each other.

The reaction on our main forum highlights that it's a great fixture for the club. There might be a few negative posts but you won't find any thread on OTIB without that! ;) Here's a link. http://www.otib.co.u...155252-rangers/

One slight negative is that our traditional stand for atmosphere in the home end has been entirely allocated to the Rangers support, so our atmosphere won't be as good as usual, I'd expect. However, I'm sure the allocation of 4,000 is more than warranted as it'll sell with ease and I'd expect more in the home end!

Pretty well received bar the pricing, should be a fun day.

I know its early doors but wheres the best place to watch out for where anyone/everyone is staying in Germany.

Im already looking at Gutersloh which is close enough to training camp and where the match is.

Holiday Inn Express or Park Hotel are quite reasonable in Gutersloh, we use them all the time when the troops are moving home.

Holiday Inn Express or Park Hotel are quite reasonable in Gutersloh, we use them all the time when the troops are moving home.

Was the Parkhotel i was looking at funnily enough. HI Express is £100 cheaper. Is the first one worth the extra ?

Does anyone think any buses will be running from amsterdam to emmen? I know the majority of fans going to the game will be travelling to amsterdam and there is no direct train so a bus leaving early on the saturday morning and going back to amsterdam after the game would be ideal