Is Ally Spending too Much

North Rd

We do not know what the budget is and the effects of people like Alexander, Goian and Bocanegra leaving - and hopefully others.

It does appear we may be signing a lot of players, but time will tell our financial situation. Just hope we have been sensible. Who really knows just now?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a serious post, I just get frustrated at people finding something to whinge about all the time before a ball is kicked.

Don't get me wrong - I expect good results if we are spending good money but I will wait until we play a few games to decide whether money was well spent.

Let Ally do his job, this is a crucial season for him and I hope that he remembers that we are not mugs.

In the meantime Follow Follow

My point is regardless what we do this season, we shouldn't be spending this type of money to achieve it.

We do not know what the budget is and the effects of people like Alexander, Goian and Bocanegra leaving - and hopefully others.

It does appear we may be signing a lot of players, but time will tell our financial situation. Just hope we have been sensible. Who really knows just now?

Lots on here obviously.

A goodly number of folks have been moaning about put team/play - Ally brings in players and depth to solve said issues people still moan!

Also spending is sanctioned by the board not the manager.

Also I love the way all the moans about budgets are premised on the rumour that out budget was £7.5 million and extrapolated from that figure!

A goodly number of folks have been moaning about put team/play - Ally brings in players and depth to solve said issues people still moan!

Also spending is sanctioned by the board not the manager.

Also I love the way all the moans about budgets are premised on the rumour that out budget was £7.5 million and extrapolated from that figure!

I'm defo happy at us bringing in all these fresh faces - just provided we can afford it. I'm willing to trust the club but ultimately you can't blame fans for being concerned though.

That and provided there's a war chest to bring in proper players when we get back to the SPL is all I ask.

We should walk away no problem with the Ramsden Cup

This year that's a given, unless we are playing a youth team and even then.

I see this investment in players as an attempt at the two senior cups. That is worth a little pain to me.

This year that's a given, unless we are playing a youth team and even then.

I see this investment in players as an attempt at the two senior cups. That is worth a little pain to me.

Don't know, I'm sure we won't have the new players for the first round of League Cup

yes i think he has spent too much , i don't he should be allowed to sign anyone else to be honest .

we have too many players (too many on high wages as well) and it just puts the youngsters with some potential further down the pecking order

i don't see many youngsters getting a chance at all this season , i think McLeod will be the only one that that gets more than 5/6 starts

I think the 7.5m annual wage bill refers to all employees of the club not just the first team squad. That's a big infrastructure and if we want to operate like a big club we need to maintain that for a couple of years until we get back on our feet financially.

Getting rid of Boca, Goian, Alexander will amount to around 40k a week if widley quoted numbers are true. I'd argue that even with signings we may well be reducing the first team wage bill.

I'm not too worried about our spending and if any of our signings work out and are sold then they will pay for themselves since they are all free transfers.

Let's give the team and Ally a chance

My point is regardless what we do this season, we shouldn't be spending this type of money to achieve it.

Fair enough - I can subsribe to the long game philosophy too and state that we should be only signing young players on the cheap in order to invest for the future.

I see that point, but I won't concede it until the end of the season if we win fuck all.

How much do you think season tickets should be if we adopt the 'long game' philosophy?

Would we still get 40,000 home crowds to see a groups of young boys play?

Lets think 'customer friendly' drives the level of signings, like I say I will concede the point at the end of the season if we are shite.

There's a balancing act, surely? we don't need to spend what we are spending to get out of the third tier of Scottish football. What we already had would do it with ease - albiet probably shite football.

To get out of the 3rd tier we did not need to spend a penny, I think most people would agree on that. Did we need to spend money to keep Ally in a Job, that's the point we are disagreeing on.

Fair enough - I can subsribe to the long game philosophy too and state that we should be only signing young players on the cheap in order to invest for the future.

I see that point, but I won't concede it until the end of the season if we win fuck all.

How much do you think season tickets should be if we adopt the 'long game' philosophy?

Lets think 'customer friendly' drives the level of signings, like I say I will concede the point at the end of the season if we are shite.

The supporters should understand, and I think most do, that we shouldn't be spending big wages to work our way through the divisions.

We were all ready for a team of boys on here, I've went on record before and will do so again as saying I'm happy to sacrifice silverware for the long term future of the club.

I agree with you that the spending and quality of player is to put arses on seats, attendances would drop but our wage bill would be less so it's swings and roundabouts.

I'm starting to read this as we should become a feeder club, bring young lads in play them until the vultures down south notice them and offer a pittance, then start again.

There's a balancing act, surely? we don't need to spend what we are spending to get out of the third tier of Scottish football. What we already had would do it with ease - albiet probably shite football.

we balanced prettu well by trimming 20 mil from the 2011 wage bill imo. We will have a turnover of about 30m again this year IMO. A wage bill of 5-10 mil os not a lot for a team our size.

I'm starting to read this as we should become a feeder club, bring young lads in play them until the vultures down south notice them and offer a pittance, then start again.

It's the wave of the future - WAVE OF THE FUTURE.

A few on here see how the scum operate and think that's what we should be aspiring to. While ignoring all their hidden debt.

It's the wave of the future - WAVE OF THE FUTURE.

A few on here see how the scum operate and think that's what we should be aspiring to. While ignoring all their hidden debt.

We will never be a feeder club fuck that. Some people are trying to hawk our history for a pittance.

If he 'must' spend as much as he has I really don't see why he can't spend it on developing youth and bringing through our own player.

Re-signing Stevie Smith and Ricky Foster for the defence on thousands of pounds each instead of giving youth a chance on Hundreds while we're in the lower leagues anyway absolutely baffles me. What happens when we're back in the top Division ? Chuck them for someone else ?

I don't think he's learned a thing from the last 2 years and that is terrifying. I've never had less faith in a manager in my life as I do right now for McCoist.

No your either happy with last seasons performance or we need new players

So if you're not happy with the way your car's running you buy a new one? Or would you fix it?

I didn't see many folk on here who criticised Ally demanding new signings, quite the opposite.

It was argued that Ally should do better with the tools he was given.