Season Ticket sales

nvager

Still think if Green was still here he would have been helping to sell tickets/promote sales etc.

Why is Walter and Ally but particularly our new Chairman not doing a heck of a lot more to boost/publicize sales?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think if Green was still here he would have been helping to sell tickets/promote sales etc.

Why is Walter and Ally but particularly our new Chairman not doing a heck of a lot more to boost/publicize sales?

Have to agree with this no one will ever work as hard as him to sell tickets.

Last season he was out with cups of Tea and talking with Fans.

Wonder if the present board will do that.

When I was in today, it was a steady queue of folk in renewing.

I'm sure there'll be a healthy number of season tickets sold, as everyone I know has renewed, and I know a few folk looking to buy one this year.

I renewed last week - but not without a lot of difficulty with the on-line booking process which failed and I had to phone through the renewal.

Clearly time will tell if the ST numbers match or better last season's total. If the numbers do not reach close to 38000 and by that I mean within 5% of that, then the blame IMO will lie full square on the Board and Management team for sitting on their hands in their offices with a silence and sheer lack of serious attempt to engage with Supporter and Supporters Groups in getting out there to sell tickets. If it appears that they are taking Supporters and ST sales for granted then that would, imo, be a big error. The lack of visible effective leadership or more precisely a leadership who excels in the school of leadership by silence, and tied to attempts to just wheel out new signings on internet interviews and twitter stuff is not a strategy I can readily follow. Only a year on from near extinction you'd think the Board and management team would have their sleeves rolled up and shoe leather worn in getting out there with a firm target to improve on last years ST sales. Have they no commercial ambition to generate as much cash for Rangers financial wellbeing as possible or did that walk out of the door when Charles Green left? Its for the Board to show what they are made of and right now I'd like to be more convinced they could step up to the mark. Raiding IPO funds or commercial funds from shirt deals etc to make up for any shortfall in expected ST sales numbers would not imo be a sign of wise or effective leadership. Will wait with interest to see the eventual ST numbers.

Every year I leave it till the last minute and end up having to sneak out of work to dash up to the ticket office and hand in the form. This year done it on line nice and easy. I love this interweb stuff.

I renewed last week - but not without a lot of difficulty with the on-line booking process which failed and I had to phone through the renewal.

Clearly time will tell if the ST numbers match or better last season's total. If the numbers do not reach close to 38000 and by that I mean within 5% of that, then the blame IMO will lie full square on the Board and Management team for sitting on their hands in their offices with a silence and sheer lack of serious attempt to engage with Supporter and Supporters Groups in getting out there to sell tickets. If it appears that they are taking Supporters and ST sales for granted then that would, imo, be a big error. The lack of visible effective leadership or more precisely a leadership who excels in the school of leadership by silence, and tied to attempts to just wheel out new signings on internet interviews and twitter stuff is not a strategy I can readily follow. Only a year on from near extinction you'd think the Board and management team would have their sleeves rolled up and shoe leather worn in getting out there with a firm target to improve on last years ST sales. Have they no commercial ambition to generate as much cash for Rangers financial wellbeing as possible or did that walk out of the door when Charles Green left? Its for the Board to show what they are made of and right now I'd like to be more convinced they could step up to the mark. Raiding IPO funds or commercial funds from shirt deals etc to make up for any shortfall in expected ST sales numbers would not imo be a sign of wise or effective leadership. Will wait with interest to see the eventual ST numbers.

So, if the numbers stayed as high as last year you would give the credit to the management team and board?

So, if the numbers stayed as high as last year you would give the credit to the management team and board?

That would show the loyalty of the fans. I think Reformation Bear is correct that the board are sitting on their hands with mouths shut.

That would show the loyalty of the fans. I think Reformation Bear is correct that the board are sitting on their hands with mouths shut.

The Board are splashing out on players wages and building a bigger and better squad from where I am sitting. They want a quality product for us STHs and are asking us to buy into it. How many players have been on the official website promoting ST's lately? Hardly sitting on their hands.

True Rangers supporters dont need the board or anyone else telling them tp buy season tickets.they do it for the love of our great club.

Never a truer word spoken,well said sir,it certainly was not the output of Charles Green or anyone else for that matter that makes me buy my season ticket EVERY year!!!!

It's a bit too easy isn't it? If it goes wrong blame the people you already don't rate, if it goes right, it is despite them? Just means no matter what the result you stick with your position and claim you were right all along.

It will surely improve this yr with better quality of player

There's no gaurentee the football will be better. I was happy with the players we signed last season and our management couldn't coach them or get them playing so who's to say it won't be the same again ?

Just being honest

There's no gaurentee the football will be better. I was happy with the players we signed last season and our management couldn't coach them or get them playing so who's to say it won't be the same again ?

Just being honest

That's my concern to be honest, however there can be no excuses if there is not an improvement....everything is in place this year, the players have last years experience as well....I think if we are still playing as poorly by Christmas with no signs of progression ally must do the decent thing and step aside for the long term benefit of the club! Hopefully though things will improve this year!

That's my concern to be honest, however there can be no excuses if there is not an improvement....everything is in place this year, the players have last years experience as well....I think if we are still playing as poorly by Christmas with no signs of progression ally must do the decent thing and step aside for the long term benefit of the club! Hopefully though things will improve this year!

agreed (tu)