Do you support another team as well as Rangers?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really been into any EPL teams. I mean ill watch a game if its on but even seeing Chelsea at the CL Final never gave me that knotted stomach feeling that Rangers gives me.

Used to follow the local teams in the lower divisions ie Peterhead and last year was great seeing the next game "Rangers" billboard at balmoor :-)

I can't really say I follow them but I have always had a soft spot for Chelsea ever since I watched them on our brand new black and white telly back in the day winning the cup against Leeds in a midweek replay.

Get down to see Tottenham a few times a season. I got into them a few years back during their run to win the Carling Cup at the time. Their 5-1 win against Arsenal in the semis sealed it for me. Rangers will always be No. 1 though.

Watched Spurs when i stayed in London.Hated Arsenal their support is full of taigs.Used to go to as many Rangers Reserves games as i could.but home games only for me now,although i was at both Queens Park games last season.

I always noticed about Arsenal as well. Pricks.

14 pages, any drama worth reading?

I don't really have a second team, I look out for the East fife results, I quite like watching spurs play, but I am pretty much neutral if Rangers or the taigs are not playing.

I was looking through a few threads when I noticed that many of my fellows Bears have often gone to watch other teams, for many and varied reasons. This got me thinking a bit. Why do we sometimes support another team, or have a genuine, life long affiliation with a team other than Rangers?

I support Bo'ness United. Always will. I was raised in Glasgow, but my family moved to Bo'ness when I was eleven. We were in the town 5 days when I went to see Bo'ness in the local derby against Linlithgow Rose (scum!!!!!!). I was hooked after a 1-0 victory for the mighty BU's. Following them has had its ups and downs, but I've seen them win and lose the Junior Cup, get kicked out of the Cup for not having registered a single player that season (I kid you not!) and get royally pumped on ocassion by the Rose. But I still go back for more. The support is borderline psycho at times, which also helps.

So Bears, what's your other team, and why.

Not another club team, no. Never. Ever. Ever.

The only other non-international team games I have been to were my Da taking me to Shettleston Juniors... and they got pumped if I remember correctly.

Bless mah old man for taking me to Gers' games and on the Ibrox tour though... :praise:

And also taking me to the FIFA World Cup when Scotland got beat on penalties in the final.

That made sure I became a Saudi Arabia fan. :ph34r:

No wonder those scoundrels get so many international caps!

not being a cunt but ive always wondered...do rangers/Liverpool fans sing YNWA?

Only just noticed this, yes i do, the fact that the Tims also now seem to claim it as an anthem of theirs won't stop me singing it, why can't they get their own fucking songs, same as them doing the Poznan, they're not capable of coming up with something original.

I have been a Rangers Fan since childhood (see my Profile).

Living in London, it was a choice between Tottenham or Arsenal, a no-brainer, Tottenham.

That was in the early to mid 1960s, but I then lost interest in football, for politics.

What re-engaged my interest in football was Aston Villa's struggle in Division 2, late 1960s.

Eventually I went to Villa Park (1970) and it was love at first sight. I moved to Birmingham the following year and I am still supporting Aston Villa. Another place I have been to and liked the people I have met there is Scarborough. I followed the results of Scarborough FC through the press and from 2006, through the internet. It was thanks to the latter that I was able to read about Scarborough Athletic, which is a Fans Owned Club started in 2007 in succession to Scarborough FC, which had been wound-up in the High Court with debts of £2.7M.

So to summarise, I am an Aston Villa supporter, a Rangers Fan (and Shareholder) and a Fan and Member of Scarborough Athletic :

AVFC RFC SAFC

P.S. I still have a 'soft spot' for Tottenham Hotspur and hope they do well, but never at the expense of Aston Villa - or Rangers !

Used to live in Northern Spain and adopted Real Sociedad

:drugang: but theyre basque and therefore ira sympathising terrorists don't you know! :) only joking, my fav Spanish team too, san Sebastian, what a place! and the boy Arteta is a native, enough for me

Got a Barca kit in the mid 90s - I barely remember the actual holiday when I got it but I've had a soft spot for Barca ever since. I tend to watch them if I catch them on the TV - Most of all I can remember raging at Newcastle beating Barca in the CL in what would have been 97 (?) and that Rivaldo hat-trick to secure CL football with the overhead kick. I love the city, been there twice since so there's that too. But my support for them is casual at best - I've been Rangers mad since I first got interested in football during the 9 in a row years, when everyone else I knew (bar my family, obviously) supported Middlesbrough or Newcastle or United.

was it a fake? i was a wee boy in the early 90s, summer holidays always ment a new fake barca shirt...still got em, koeman, romario and stiockov on the back ( didn't realise until a few years back when i got the romario one hed been gone for 3 years! rip off catalan bastards!