Bosnian offered 3 year deal - STV

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a risk offering him a 3 year deal with his injury history but then again surely we wouldn't be that stupid and offer that without the strictest of medicals?

I think he would be a good signing, if his past is behind him

Boris Pandza is hopeful a deal can be struck with Rangers after being offered a three-year deal by the club.

The Bosnian defender is waiting for word back from his agent as negotiations continue between the two parties, with Ibrox boss Ally McCoist keen to sign him up.

Pandza is available on a free after ending his contract with Belgian club Mechelen and is keen to join the Third Division champions.

He told STV: "Rangers made me an offer yesterday. Now we have put our proposal to them. My agent has told Rangers what I would like.

"I am hopeful we can reach an agreement. For me it would be great to sign.

"It is one of the biggest clubs and I would be proud to play for Rangers. I hope a deal can be concluded soon."

Pandza is playing for a place in a Bosnia squad which is on course to reach the 2014 World Cup but has already claimed he has no fears over missing out if he was to play in Scotland's third tier.

The 26-year-old has options from other clubs which could safeguard his international place but says he would rather head for Glasgow.

"I spoke to Ally McCoist last week. We had a conversation but we didn't discuss anything concrete. I told him that my agent would speak to him.

"I have been contacted by other clubs in Europe but my preference is to join Rangers."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/232618-boris-pandza-hopeful-of-deal-as-rangers-offer-defender-three-year-contract/

This is by no means a criticism, but it seems slightly odd that we've signed this guy on a recomendation from Papac, without having him play in a few trial games first, especially if he's been out for most of last season with knee problems, while the other guy Monshi was also recommended but is having to go through a trial first before we offer him a deal.

He comes with a decent pedigree for the level we are currently at and surely cannot be any worse than anybody who played in that position for us last year.

This is by no means a criticism, but it seems slightly odd that we've signed this guy on a recomendation from Papac, without having him play in a few trial games first, especially if he's been out for most of last season with knee problems, while the other guy Monshi was also recommended but is having to go through a trial first before we offer him a deal.

He comes with a decent pedigree for the level we are currently at and surely cannot be any worse than anybody who played in that position for us last year.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world.

Bit premature that

At the end of the day, although it gives no guarantees of how good he is, the guy was on the bench for Bosnia's last two qualifiers. You'd imagine he must be of a pretty decent level therefore. You'd hope he'd be a good signing

Bit premature that

At the end of the day, although it gives no guarantees of how good he is, the guy was on the bench for Bosnia's last two qualifiers. You'd imagine he must be of a pretty decent level therefore. You'd hope he'd be a good signing

I thought he had signed :blush: *quickly edits so nobody else sees*

So we offered a 3 year deal he's obvious rejected and countered. Who's to say he ain't went for a 5 year deal in his offer with all sorts of clauses etc. rather get the other big defender signed first. At least we have seen him in action

So we offered a 3 year deal he's obvious rejected and countered. Who's to say he ain't went for a 5 year deal in his offer with all sorts of clauses etc. rather get the other big defender signed first. At least we have seen him in action

This guy is a Bosnian international, part of the recent squads. I've never seen him play but you have to imagine he's our first choice and our top priority. Sure we're working on both deals (tu)