Media panicking?

rangersxfc

Cant just be me who finds it odd that English Spence Spiers Keevins and many more who have basically made a career attacking us week by week suddenly stop all at the same time just after Officials from the Insolvency Service said they have found clear evidence of fraud by Whyte's acquisition of our Club I have yet to see one article from the usual suspects on Rangers over the past 3 weeks in fact they won't even tweet about us.

Perhaps this is what Jim Traynor was referring to in his interview with McCoist(day of reckoning)after all once it's been proven Rangers have been a victim of fraud many journalists in this country positions at newspapers/radio shows will be untenable and they know it.

Cant just be me who finds it odd that English Spence Spiers Keevins and many more who have basically made a career attacking us week by week suddenly stop all at the same time just after Officials from the Insolvency Service said they have found clear evidence of fraud by Whyte's acquisition of our Club I have yet to see one article from the usual suspects on Rangers over the past 3 weeks in fact they won't even tweet about us.

Perhaps this is what Jim Traynor was referring to in his interview with McCoist(day of reckoning)after all once it's been proven Rangers have been a victim of fraud many journalists in this country positions at newspapers/radio shows will be untenable and they know it.

I'd like to see them brought to book by the law for defamation.

I'm not following your train of thought.

When we are proven to have been the victims of a criminal act how exactly does it make any journalists position untenable?

Queersy has already lied LIVE on STV about not calling us cheats despite copious written evidence to the contrary, and his job doesn't seem under any threat to me.

They will probably just weasel out of it "... I was reliably informed.. " or some such nonsense.

Who was it that defended labelling us as 'cheats' because that was what we were 'perceived' to be?

Perceived by who exactly, I'll never forget that horrible cunt Timmy Thompson standing outside Ibrox stating as a matter of fact that Rangers had debts of £100M+, owed £95M to HMRC which was almost £20 for every man, woman & child in Scotland!!!

Contrast with benign reporting of HMFC situation and supportive articles.

Who was it that defended labelling us as 'cheats' because that was what we were 'perceived' to be?

Perceived by who exactly, I'll never forget that horrible cunt Timmy Thompson standing outside Ibrox stating as a matter of fact that Rangers had debts of £100M+, owed £95M to HMRC which was almost £20 for every man, woman & child in Scotland!!!

Contrast with benign reporting of HMFC situation and supportive articles.

Because everyone hates the winners

Another equally good lie that they will use is "it was taken out of context - we never meant cheats even though we stamped it down every bodies throat" kind of thing.

When we are proven to have been the victims of a criminal act how exactly does it make any journalists position untenable?

Queersy has already lied LIVE on STV about not calling us cheats despite copious written evidence to the contrary, and his job doesn't seem under any threat to me.

Ture but at that time our boardroom was in meltdown and we had far bigger problems main difference this year is that our CEO and head of communications reputations are on the line here both have stated they will defend the club.

Even Screen shots of what he said on his twitter were posted to him and he still said he never said it. :lol:

Just shows you how "professional" the Journos are in this country.

Problem is that there will never be a judgement that 'Rangers were defrauded'. Fraud will have been committed, but its much more likely that you will hear about the 'fraud committed at Rangers'.

Problem is that there will never be a judgement that 'Rangers were defrauded'. Fraud will have been committed, but its much more likely that you will hear about the 'fraud committed at Rangers'.

A year ago I would have said the same mate but no matter what way they will try in spin fraud is fraud.

I think its just post Rangers fatigue to be honest. Imagine journalists who reported on 9/11, then a year later they're writing about a cat stuck up a tree. Thats the position Scottish journalists find themselves in. They will have the next ten months to write about players no ones heard of, playing for clubs no one watches in a league that can't find a sponsor. Their silence is probably just practice for the season ahead.

I think its just post Rangers fatigue to be honest. Imagine journalists who reported on 9/11, then a year later they're writing about a cat stuck up a tree. Thats the position Scottish journalists find themselves in. They will have the next ten months to write about players no ones heard of, playing for clubs no one watches in a league that can't find a sponsor. Their silence is probably just practice for the season ahead.

Only time will tell i suppose just very odd all the negative articles stop the day after the Insolvency Service announcement there's still a big market for anti Rangers stories has been a free meal ticket for Spiers for years I would see your point if it was a few days but it's been 3 weeks now.

Only time will tell i suppose just very odd all the negative articles stop the day after the Insolvency Service announcement there's still a big market for anti Rangers stories has been a free meal ticket for Spiers for years I would see your point if it was a few days but it's been 3 weeks now.

Your kidding yourself if you think they have stopped for any other reason than it's the close season and the phone in's are on a break. It will all start up again soon enough, they have never stopped hating winners, and they never will.

How much reporting, or shouting from the rooftops rather has there been by the main protagonist on our victim story.

Not a lot that I can see.

The roof is coming down about their heads, but still nothing will change and we'll have to win our place back to the top, which we will. I just hopes it changes the views of many that should have supported us during our bad times.

These guys hated us before our financial problems started and no matter the eventual outcome of any enquiries, or court cases, or tribunals, they will hate us every bit as much when we get back to where we belong.

They're not interested in whether we were guilty of anything or not, any excuse real or imagined will do, the bitterness and the bile and the sniping will continue about something or other.

The should be panicking about Murdo Mclouds comment in the Record today :"The Celtic fans know the league title’s won already".

Who would pay an overpriced, arrogant journalist to write about something that no-one has the slightest interest in as its a foregone conclusion before a ball is even kicked in anger?

In damning us, journalists in Scotland have been complicit in ruining Scottish football and they will reap what they have sown.