Lennon - We should gain advantages because...

Don't tend to make many posts about Celtic or poor poor hard-done-by Lenny but thought this one was particularly entertaining/mental

http://www.thescotti...ot-be-here.html

"He said: “I think it is really harsh to have to play an extra qualifier this year.

“We are the champions of our country, we reached the last 16 of the Champions League last season.

“Surely there should be some sort of dispensation for clubs who do well the previous season."

-----

:lol:

As my mate pointed out, really, they should just get a bye to the final

(tu)

Fairs fair they are the champions of the country they play in and shouldn't have to play any more games than other champions.

I hate the carve up by UEFA with the way they have operated the CL.

We need more money in Scottish football, the champions should go straight in but forfeit their winnings to youth football every year.

Fairs fair they are the champions of the country they play in and shouldn't have to play any more games than other champions.

We need more money in Scottish football, the champions should go straight in but forfeit their winnings to youth football every year.

I don't disagree that Champions should go straight into the competition, Can't get my head around his expectations that they shouldn't have to play as many rounds because they 'did well' last year though. One of the most ludicrous statements i've ever heard

Moronic statement! If after a couple of decent seasons and then one bad season he would just as quick say "they should look at the bigger picture, rather than judge us on last season".

There is a coefficient in place and is worked out over 5 years...this should change because Celtic had a good run last year?

If anybody has ever looked for a real world example of the saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" need look no further than NL. He thinks that the world will listen and agree with all of the rubbish that pours from his lips, his masters welcome it as it gets them copy in a media form that is in its death throws and little timothy laps it up as the truth of the world.

Meanwhile back in the real world more folk are starting to wake up to the fact that the whole setup over in the east end is reeking to the core. They can play with words all they want, but every week we get a bit more of an insight as to how their business has been structured. The clock is well and truly counting on their activities and that of their friends in the press, politics and finance.

Aren't Cliftonville the champions of their country? :rolleyes:

Read jadams and learn ! :):sherlock:

PS - If you/they were worried about money in Scottish football then they wouldn't have carved The Rangers up ! ;)

Aren't Cliftonville the champions of their country? :rolleyes:

How shite must Linfield be to lose the league to that mhob? Unfortunately saw some of the sellik match tonight - frankly the worst team I have ever seen in the cl qualifiers.

Did liverpool not win it and have to enter from the first qualifier stages

I think they finished 5th, so didnt qualify. But as they were defending champs, UEFA bent the rules so they could compete, but they started at first stage. They got in at the expense of Everton I think too, who got Europa League despite finishing 4th.

I think they finished 5th, so didnt qualify. But as they were defending champs, UEFA bent the rules so they could compete, but they started at first stage. They got in at the expense of Everton I think too, who got Europa League despite finishing 4th.

Everton just failed to qualify for the Champions League, Villarreal beat them.

Read jadams and learn ! :):sherlock:

PS - If you/they were worried about money in Scottish football then they wouldn't have carved The Rangers up ! ;)

Forget about his reasons and forget it came from him.

So if this was us having to play these qualifiers would you be happy, when various countries have multiple teams going straight into the comp.

Forget about his reasons and forget it came from him.

So if this was us having to play these qualifiers would you be happy, when various countries have multiple teams going straight into the comp.

the point is, hes a disgusting manipulator, that whole club reeks of victimisation, its inbred into them, they're vile.

the point is, hes a disgusting manipulator, that whole club reeks of victimisation, its inbred into them, they're vile.

Don't disagree.

My point is based on the fact that we when we get back to the top will have to play so many games just to qualify when other countries have multiple entrants.