Living within our means

trueblue68

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think there's much wrong with getting a couple of years good service from guys like Foster and Smith then seeing if we can get anyone better in when we're in the top flight.

why get them in the first place though

ive said it a million times, how much did QotS spend last season considering they won more cups than us and absolutely horsed the division we are currently in just now

it smacks of the old murray regime when we spent every single penny available at the time, whether we needed to or not

why get them in the first place though

ive said it a million times, how much did QotS spend last season considering they won more cups than us and absolutely horsed the division we are currently in just now

it smacks of the old murray regime when we spent every single penny available at the time, whether we needed to or not

Because the manager clearly thinks they can do well for us. Seem to be doing well so far in pre-season.

We're not QotS though. McCoist said he wanted to bring in the best players possible so we could challenge for the cups as well. We'll see how that goes but last season was clearly a bit of a shambles but everything looks to have settled and he's got his signings in so there's no excuses.

Wouldn't that then back up claims by others who believe we're wasting money on signing these players if we're only using them for two years when really their not needed?

They are playing for their places in our top flight squad now. Produce top performances you will earn a shot at the big time. Struggle and you will be replaced.

Because the manager clearly thinks they can do well for us. Seem to be doing well so far in pre-season.

We're not QotS though. McCoist said he wanted to bring in the best players possible so we could challenge for the cups as well. We'll see how that goes but last season was clearly a bit of a shambles but everything looks to have settled and he's got his signings in so there's no excuses.

Does anyone actually beleive McCoist could send a team out to win a cup?

Look at his record, even with a multi million squad

McCoist shouldn't be at the club. For me, he has had too many bad results and that goes back to when he took over the job.

Going out of last season's Ramsdens Cup and losing to Bottom Of The League Stirling when they're manager was away getting married is something that is simply inexcusable in my opinion. Not to mention losing to the likes of Annan and Peterhead at Ibrox. I have nothing against McCoist as a person. He is legend. But he is not a football manager.

Wait a minute here.

At first these guys were SPL standard players according to yourself in the other thread, now it's a case of them proving their good enough for that level by producing performances in the second and third tier of Scottish football? Fucksake :lol:

If Ally is signing players at this level to see if their good enough for SPL level, then it's a much bigger issue than I first thought!

I really don't know if you're just dense or suffer black spots...

The likes of Foster, Smith, Daly etc I'm pretty sure have two year contracts. Hence they will have to earn new deals.

What do you want?

3rd division players now? - So short sighted.

Or Champions League quality now? - Completely unrealistic.

We are rebuilding. This isn't an exact science and will be hit or miss. Look at Mohsni we all think he should come in off some good performances against weak opposition. Will he cut it in the top league? Who knows... This is a gradual process.

Having to repeat my position over and over to you is fucking tiring.

You really talk some shite very much doubt you even support Rangers

How come? Coz I live in the real world and not live in a Super Ally Fantasy?

Falkirk, Malmo, Maribor, QotS, Dundee Hibs x2, Inverness CT all with inferior teams beat us.

Great striker and ambassador for Rangers, but never a manager in a million years. And its the moronic attitude of fans that think cos he said "We Don't Do Walking Away" feel that he is cut out for the job. Name me one player he has improved, one game where he changed things or one game where he never had 11 men back in the box for a corner.

Take your heads out of the sand

Coming from someone who continues to contradict themselves, hilarious!

It's very sad you can't see how often you make simple mistakes, but ain't got the balls to man up about it. I'm bored of showing you up tbh...

What mistakes? It's my opinion. I decide if it's correct or not.

Its good that CM is prepared to go on the record to confirm Rangers is living within its means. It's reassuring. And its good that communications about these sorts of concerns is now being addressed head-on rather than hiding in the shadows waiting for the next bit of speculation to surface. Regular statements about how the financial and business side is progressing are welcome and are encouraging after the turmoil we've all suffered for the last year or so.

At long last also prepared to speak more about his vision for Rangers “Our vision is to get the club back winning leagues on a regular basis and playing in Europe and the biggest thing we established last night is how we go about doing that. “The Champions League is the pinnacle of football and we need to be able to compete at that top level but with the knowledge we’re financially secure.” For the first part its up to Ally McCoist and the squad to deliver to get us back to the top flight as soon as possible. For the last part (with the knowledge we're financially secure) I look to CM and the Board to spell out over time how the CL ambition is to be funded. I still firmly believe it is going to take decent enough financial resource to get to a level of competitiveness quickly to qualify for CL football. And that it will take much more serious money to be competitive in a CL football world. If I'm right then apart from running Rangers operations to live within financial means, the fundamental challenge for the next few years how to change into even higher gears to generate the cash that may well be needed to attract players of that additional quality that will be needed for CL level. I know that is not immediate horizon stuff but if CL on a regular basis is the realization of the vision then funding it is going to be one of his very top challenges.

ps - looks like all talk of playing elsewhere has been dropped along with all talk of seeing what might be possible by way of a european league. That ambition - with all the potential wealth and better football that might have gone with it has evaporated. The vision is narrower and back to where we were before.

I don't recall any fans saying we were heading for the dark days.

Are we spending too much to win the second division?

Yes IMO.

The moans are our wage bill is too high for where we are, Ally needs to win the league and Ramsdens at least this season and a very good cup run to justify the players he's brought in.