club making its feelings public....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers FC media department. Own views and not those of Rangers Football Club. Andrew Dickson`s Twitter Account disclaimer

People keep pointing this out as if we don't know this. As I said before, if someone wanted to link this to the club, they would do it, regardless of that disclaimer

Those disclaimers are a nonsense, I'd hazard a guess any lecture he's had on social networking would have advised against comments like that.

Not that I disagree with him btw, just opening a can of worms though.

If only they put the same fight into articles slating the club and banning discredited journalists.

People keep pointing this out as if we don't know this. As I said before, if someone wanted to link this to the club, they would do it, regardless of that disclaimer

so what if they link it to the club: what he said was bang on the money.

Rangers men stand up for what they believe in and take the consequences (tu)

Well said. (tu)

People can't have it both ways. How many desperately call for an end to the dignified silence from within our club, yet expect Rangers employees not to voice their opinions in public...

so what if they link it to the club: what he said was bang on the money.

That's my point, if the papers want to, they'll spin it so that the club is seen as to blame. Hence it's the club dealing with the consequences rather than the individual. I'm not saying that's what is right, simply that that is a possible reality, unless one is properly naive.

By the same hand, do you then agree that Celtic should not be in any way to blame because it was the actions of an individual and not the club?

Well said. (tu)

People can't have it both ways. How many desperately call for an end to the dignified silence from within our club, yet expect Rangers employees not to voice their opinions in public...

Urgh, as I said many times before, I don't have an issue with what he said, I'm merely pointing out that if you have been paying attention to the Scottish press over the last few decades then you'll realise that stuff like this will inevitably be linked to the club, disclaimer or no disclaimer. My problem was with the moaning wee bitch nature of Dickson in general. I'd rather have a more sound mind representing the club than a man who has simply spent his twitter career moaning about everything

At this moment in time I am more concerned about tarriers getting away with it again, defiling the memory of British soldiers.

And being condoned by their manager:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/celtic-fans-backed-by-lennon-on-brentford-trouble-1-3009224

See they jolly craicsters ! :mutley::sherlock:

I do not mind him raising this in the least. Publicising this enough to get the mainstream English media interested could cause them huge PR problems and they certainly deserve that.

We should be pointing this out to the likes of talk sport the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph and Times.

I do not mind him raising this in the least. Publicising this enough to get the mainstream English media interested could cause them huge PR problems and they certainly deserve that.

We should be pointing this out to the likes of talk sport the Daily Mail, Express, Telegraph and Times.

A lot of Bears on Twitter attempting to do just that but mainly hitting Scottish media + Sky sports me included .

Silence as always is deafening

A lot of Bears on Twitter attempting to do just that but mainly hitting Scottish media + Sky sports me included .

Silence as always is deafening

Good on you mate. (tu)

Might be worth sharing those twitter links on this thread.

The Daily Mail and Express often cover these types of stories so I'd definitely look to their newsdesks and editors.

Well said. (tu)

I agree.

I am not a fan in the slightest of Andrew Dickson - but fair play to him for highlighting it.

If only the media up here followed suit.

Most of the stuff I just RT.

So much on Twitter if anybody wants to take a look.

Yet media still refuse to report it.

Few links to show them for what they are.

Yet media still refuse to report it.

Chris Graham

Daily record stating just a "few" invaded pitch watch below.

BPtnPUqCQAIAoAN.jpg

Would be difficult for the media to link his personal views to that of the club without also mentioning the subject matter itself. Experience tells me they dont really want to go there.

Looking at his comments, no decent person could argue with anything he says.

Spot on, the press wont go near this or they will have to bring it out into the open and we all know they havn't got the balls to go against septic.