An insult to the Rangers support ?

D'Artagnan

Exactly indeed.

Exactly indeed. I agree with Inigo.

I believe we should formally announce that in our quest to protect the rights of all journalists, we are formally allowing them to write what they want when they want, lie about what they want, laugh at their jokes about us, ignore their duplicity in all sorts and we shall henceforth....drum roll......turn the other cheek.

We will supress any view to the contrary by making sure that we have plenty of oh so "reasonable" folk on forums and sites dilute any impact and derail any talk of us being the slightest bit offended. (blinking cheek of us as well)

On the other hand, we will, (just to avoid any problems) keep the miscreants away from the common or garden scummy Rangers support who may have the temerity to be the slightest bit offended by all the hilarious goings on over the years (especially the last 18 months or so), had the cheek to understand the historical implications of these vile words used, or in fact, have the blinking cheek to think that the enemies of Rangers are actually winning the hearts and minds of the lemmings in blue

Hurrah for Inigo! :7325:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we should formally announce that in our quest to protect the rights of all journalists, we are formally allowing them to write what they want when they want, lie about what they want, laugh at their jokes about us, ignore their duplicity in all sorts and we shall henceforth....drum roll......turn the other cheek.

We will supress any view to the contrary by making sure that we have plenty of oh so "reasonable" folk on forums and sites dilute any impact and derail any talk of us being the slightest bit offended. (blinking cheek of us as well)

On the other hand, we will, (just to avoid any problems) keep the miscreants away from the common or garden scummy Rangers support who may have the temerity to be the slightest bit offended by all the hilarious goings on over the years (especially the last 18 months or so), had the cheek to understand the historical implications of these vile words used, or in fact, have the blinking cheek to think that the enemies of Rangers are actually winning the hearts and minds of the lemmings in blue

How droll. Nowhere did I suggest it's wrong to be offended, that it wasn't offensive or it would be wrong to do something about what he's said. Most of what you said isn't really relevant to my argument.

Your last point is spot on though.

How droll. Nowhere did I suggest it's wrong to be offended, that it wasn't offensive or it would be wrong to do something about what he's said. Most of what you said isn't really relevant to my argument.

Your last point is spot on though.

And to finish, I wonder who it was that spotted the "dangers of not recognizing creeping incrementalism" hmmmm?

That'll not be relevant either

Hurrah! :7325:

Assuming sarcasm ( always dangerous to assume on here ), what DO you suggest that is practical and reasonable, other than simply rant and rave?

I recon Pastor Niemoller would have hated the idea of journalistic sensorship.

Because he stood up for what he believed ? so what is wrong with Rangers fans standing up for what they believe in banning enemies of our club who are more than tolerated by the powers that be, you seem to think a NUJ card gives them a shield to hide behind, they need banned for the back stabbing hypocrytical lying bastards that they are and they need banned now along with clyde.

You might enjoy getting your arse kicked by them day in day out a great many of us don't.

The Pastor was against injustice, you don't appear to know the difference.

And to finish, I wonder who it was that spotted the "dangers of not recognizing creeping incrementalism" hmmmm?

That'll not be relevant either

Hurrah! :7325:

Bawsburst. No, not really. Em, Hurrah.

Because he stood up for what he believed ? so what is wrong with Rangers fans standing up for what they believe in banning enemies of our club who are more than tolerated by the powers that be, you seem to think a NUJ card gives them a shield to hide behind, they need banned for the back stabbing hypocrytical lying bastards that they are and they need banned now along with clyde.

You might enjoy getting your arse kicked by them day in day out a great many of us don't.

The Pastor was against injustice, you don't appear to know the difference.

Read my posts, without repeating myself you'll see that's not actually true.

There is no justice in banning a journo. To get justice you should not be taking your own actions, rather going through Democratically principled ways. This is especially important with journalism, which having experienced Nazi Germany the Pastor would have understood.

Bawsburst. No, not really. Em, Hurrah.

Ah well. Still, once you've googled (I'm sure you know though) then we can be pals in our fight for freedom of the press, to lie, insult, spread hatred about our club and culture safe in the knowledge we will utterly defend their right to do so!

We shall have placards made up with

"Freedom of expression is a universal human right. It is not the prerogative of the politician. It is not the privilege of the journalist. It should not be the casualty of their skirmishes nor regarded as a matter of little importance to anyone else. Freedom of expression is fundamental to a democratic society"

ich bin ein journo!

Mon the lie dooners! :-)

Not really what ? appears your support of allowing our enemies free reign has bitten you on the arse.

Not really relevant.

Once again, I haven't supported that.

Bitten me on the arse? How?

Ah well. Still, once you've googled (I'm sure you know though) then we can be pals in our fight for freedom of the press, to lie, insult, spread hatred about our club and culture safe in the knowledge we will utterly defend their right to do so!

"Freedom of expression is a universal human right. It is not the prerogative of the politician. It is not the privilege of the journalist. It should not be the casualty of their skirmishes nor regarded as a matter of little importance to anyone else. Freedom of expression is fundamental to a democratic society"

ich bin ein journo!

Googled what?

Not really relevant.

Once again, I haven't supported that.

Bitten me on the arse? How?

Because you are talking shite, attempting to justify the right to do wrong that your journalist buddies do each and every day, in the real world it is simply lying.

ich bin ein journo!

First bold: don't mind if I don't.

Second: pals again.

Because you are talking shite, attempting to justify the right to do wrong that your journalist buddies do each and every day, in the real world it is simply lying.

No I'm not. Read the posts. I'm justifying properly accountable, free journalism.

we all know about Keevins D'art. I keep hoping you will start producing blogs about the future rather than the past - You can’t start the next chapter if you keep re-writing your last one.

Well 2 things - its the first time I have ever written about him and furthermore his latest curve ball only went to print this morning.

I Thought we we're all in favour of freedom of speech?

Or does that only apply when it's something we want to hear?

I doubt that lying, setting an agenda and dehumanising people are the best examples for upholding freedom of speech do you ?

Furthermore no-one is taking away Keevins right to print want he wants - just removing the hand which he feeds from yet continually bites.

I Thought we we're all in favour of freedom of speech?

Or does that only apply when it's something we want to hear?

There's a big difference between freedom of speech and the printing of suggestive, inflammatory, agenda driven and often inaccurate information on a regular basis....

Well 2 things - its the first time I have ever written about him and furthermore his latest curve ball only went to print this morning.

you missunderstand me. I think you are better than reacting to Keevins. I would rather see you have a more pro-active approach in your blogs about the club and its directon. You have, by your own actions, given yourself a platform within the Rangers support. Re-hashing the Nuremburg stuff and the ilk - which most of us are aware of - I dont think is the best use of it. I would rather he was reacting to what you are writing.

Just my personal opinion. You are the blogger not me.

I doubt that lying, setting an agenda and dehumanising people are the best examples for upholding freedom of speech do you ?

Furthermore no-one is taking away Keevins right to print want he wants - just removing the hand which he feeds from yet continually bites.

Actually, yes I do think its a good example of upholding free speech. We may not like what he has to say, we may not like the manner in which it is said but the same could be said of many of the opinions we hold dear.

Do you think for a second that banning him will stop him writing pish about us? Or, as he has done since Celtic banned him, will he simply use it as an means to portray himself as some sort of martyr?

Why are we surprised when Tims are negative towards us !....They're Tims !

Answer honestly, are you negative towards them !

doesn't matter if you're a journo or an heraldic scroll artist, you'll do everything you can to undermine THEM

I can tolerate Nuremburg because he doesn't hide where he's coming from. Tossers like Odious and English are a different matter