Goodbye and Thank you

Thank you for the thousands who came to my city, thank you for the party on West St, thank you for the non stop singing in the ground, thank you for the new friends I have got. the memory of Wednesday will be with me `til the grave one last thing YOU ARE THE PEOPLE and YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST .Hope to meet you again and a part of me will be forever Ger

I think both sets of fans mostly now have a new found admiration, respect and like for each other - long may it continue.

I think your fans can also see just how contentious it can be as a supporter of one of the Old Firm going by the threads in which your fans have debated the pro's/con's of each in quite heated fashion - simply put it can be a minefield supporting our club for a host of reasons and I hope your fans see that by their debates on the issue despite not having came from here or having grew up supporting us. I mention this purely as I have seen discussions as to whether or not our approach to supporting is acceptable but no one has really pointed out to you that if it can get so heated between Wednesday fans debating us - what must it be like actually supporting our club and having a rival like them.

I look forward to seeing you next season - i wish you all the best in your season ahead!

Well said Preacher don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes

As a Sheffield Bear this was really special for me. Before going out, in the buildup to it, I was getting more and more embarrased by [what we thought was] the way the police were handling the match. In the days running up to the match I almost felt like I had to apologise to my fellow bears for the way the city seemed to be treating us.

That all changed the day ye came down though, every impression of Sheffield from the travelling bears seems to be a good one, in the event, the police were friendly and fair, and even handled the situation with smiles and the odd joke. They were almost completely hands-off, which is a much much better way for them to be than I had expected.

Reading the comments about our lads from the Owls fans, and reading the comments about my city from the travelling Bears, makes me proud to not only be a Bear, but proud to be a Bear from Sheffield :).

It was fantastic having ye down, the sooner ye can come back, the better!

A good tribute from the Sheffield guys.

For too long we have let our support be demonised and let's face it, at times had some muppets within bring it on ourselves.

It does my heart proud to see such glowing reports which even the Scottish media need to. Acknowledge albeit in as small a way as poss.

This has proved the way to beat them all is to behave and let them show themselves up

I hope we go on from here keeping this up

Sorry I didn't get to meet you mate.

I echo your points, when the police were waiting on us leaving the station when we arrived at Sheffield I thought, 'Oh oh' but they were fantastic.

I think the Wednesday fans and the police expected a different Rangers support due to the pish that's written about us but delighted we proved them wrong.

Your city was very welcoming and it's right up there with the best atmospheres I've ever experienced.

Hopefully we can come down again soon, a return fixture at Ibrox would probably be a disappointment IMO.

Haha nice one mate I don't normally see sigs as I'm on a mobile but that's cool :D A smoking flute, cool :uk:

I kinda like my sig pic, the little crab band.

What I don't get, is, why crabs? Why not bears? Did the Rangers part of Glasgow used to be involved in crab fishing or something?

I kinda like my sig pic, the little crab band.

What I don't get, is, why crabs? Why not bears? Did the Rangers part of Glasgow used to be involved in crab fishing or something?

Its awesome how did you get the colour changed on some? I really don't know why crabs perhaps because in years gone by some mhanks were savaged by a gang of marauding crabs :sherlock:

I used an image editing program :D.

Was a bit fiddly changing the colour of the crabs while keeping the chains the gold colour, but I got it nailed in the end :D.

Had to rotate the notes too, otherwise half of them would have been floating the wrong way :).

Sterling effort there it would be great if the RM crabs were blue too. We could start a campaign to get them changed, Gogzy started a campaign to bring back shifty dog and he got made a mod just think where we could go with this :uk: