Charles Green returns as consultant

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Non-execs get paid.

Well, someone has to do the role. If it wasn't him being paid it would be someone else. Overall you'd have to say the board performed very well during Paul Murray's tenure. I think we slashed the debt by around 17 million and at the same time continued to dominate Scottish football. I would support his return in some capacity.

Well, someone has to do the role. If it wasn't him being paid it would be someone else. Overall you'd have to say the board performed very well during Paul Murray's tenure. I think we slashed the debt by around 17 million and at the same time continued to dominate Scottish football. I would support his return in some capacity.

Paul Murray was a non-exec that never seemed to give David Murray much scrutiny. But TBH, his failed administration takeover and subsequent moaning about it are more why I don't like him rather than his time on our board.

Paul Murray was a non-exec that never seemed to give David Murray much scrutiny. But TBH, his failed administration takeover and subsequent moaning about it are more why I don't like him rather than his time on our board.

I don't see how a non executive director could possibly influence someone like David Murray. He had all the power.

Fair enough, I got the impression people were talking about your comments on the boardroom aspect etc....

I don't think it's a case of your opinion being wrong it's the way you posted telling people they were wrong to believe the rumours, will be disappointed and need to move on with their lives etc. Then less than 24 hours later(not even 48 ffs) and he is back in some capacity.

Couldn't care less about Bill, but coming back acting like some saint was imature and not needed.

TBF to Kev this needs to be put in perspective, if you are blogging and continually being wrong you are coming on a bit strong to pull somebody up when you finally nearly get one right.

Kev has taken on the grim task of being the voice of reason, thankless job.

More turmoil to follow.

The only thing I know for certain is that Green isn't here for the good of his health or a love of Rangers.

He certainly wasn't officially off the club's payroll for very long, that's for sure.

And said what?

The spending is out of control, the tax case could end up forcing a sale to anyone etc etc.

It's not as if he's hesitated to speak out about other issues.

But as I said, it's not my main issue, I doubt he could have changed much about Murray's control either.

The spending is out of control, the tax case could end up forcing a sale to anyone etc etc.

It's not as if he's hesitated to speak out about other issues.

But as I said, it's not my main issue, I doubt he could have changed much about Murray's control either.

The spending wasn't out of control during Paul Murray's time as a non-executive director. We slashed £17m off the debt during that period.

Our legal team were always very confident we would win the case. Every board member said the same. Nothing Paul Murray could say would have changed anything with regards to the tax case. There's nothing anyone could have done.

The spending wasn't out of control during Paul Murray's time as a non-executive director. We slashed £17m off the debt during that period.

Our legal team were always very confident we would win the case. Every board member said the same. Nothing Paul Murray could say would have changed anything with regards to the tax case. There's nothing anyone could have done.

Murray and Lloyds clearly weren't confident, otherwise they wouldn't have sold to the first crook that came along.

And said what?

Paul Murray had a copy of AJ's infamous dossier on Craig Whyte. If he had released/leaked it, Whyte would have been chased. PM and AJ are responsible at least in part for the situation we find ourselves in today.

Murray and Lloyds clearly weren't confident, otherwise they wouldn't have sold to the first crook that came along.

Lloyds just saw an opportunity to get their money and they grabbed it. David Murray's hands were tied due to the amount of money he owed them. They were calling the shots.

I think you're being harsh on Paul Murray. Nothing he could have said or done would have changed anything. The tax case was in the hands of the lawyers.

Give it a rest. The debt came down because Walter did so well in Europe and at least one director ensured that profit went to reduce the debt. PM and AJ were trying to increase the money that went into the team at that time i.e. increase the debt.

Give it a rest. The debt came down because Walter did so well in Europe and at least one director ensured that profit went to reduce the debt. PM and AJ were trying to increase the money that went into the team at that time i.e. increase the debt.

Wasting your time.