Walter & the BBC

I've been out of the country for last couple of weeks and trying to catch up with what's been happening/who to believe etc.

One thing I have noticed was a tweet from Chris McLaughlin (BBC Scotland) saying that Walter Smith was 'on the brink of resigning' just before he did, think it was Sunday evening.

Obvious question, how the hell did he know, yet again BBC/our enemies seem to have a direct line to what is happening at Rangers, so who leaked it to him and why?

Is/was Walter the 'mole', he has always ben quite 'pally 'with many in the Scottish mhedia, but is he really that out of touch with the support?

Go back to the 'Title stripping' . The ruling was not being published till 11am that day so know one would know till then . Up pops mclaughlin on his twitter account at 10.30 just moments after Rangers had received the result with exact details of outcome . The rest of the press published details at bang on 11 . Im guessing he is close to someone at both spl & Rangers.

Ahmad and Murray used to Se them for their own gains

I don't quite understand what you are saying here?

Which Murray (SDM or Paul/BK), i know quite a few 'parties/groups/factions' have briefed various media outlets for there own reasons BUT I was asking specifically how 'Gollum' seemed to know Walter was on brink before everyone else?

Surely Walter, or someone close to him, wasn't talking/leaking exclusively to BBC Scotland/Pacific Quay CSC?

Go back to the 'Title stripping' . The ruling was not being published till 11am that day so know one would know till then . Up pops mclaughlin on his twitter account at 10.30 just moments after Rangers had received the result with exact details of outcome . The rest of the press published details at bang on 11 . Im guessing he is close to someone at both spl & Rangers.

So is/was Walter Smith the 'Ibrox mole'?

As stated in OP, I'm just catching up BUT looking increasingly like we may well be heading back to a pre-Whyte board/management set-up minus SDM.....or am I totally wrong?

The BBC have been given information on the club for a number of years now - including times where Walter wasn't on the board.

Suggests more there is a mole involved rather than someone sensible at the club leaking information to a journalist and organisation we've banned.

In saying that the Easdale's recently used McLaughlin for a staged interview to perhaps they used that relationship to leak the Smith resignation news.

The BBC have been given information on the club for a number of years now - including times where Walter wasn't on the board.

Suggests more there is a mole involved rather than someone sensible at the club leaking information to a journalist and organisation we've banned.

In saying that the Easdale's recently used McLaughlin for a staged interview to perhaps they used that relationship to leak the Smith resignation news.

BUT surely no-one from whatever camp/group/faction in this civil war should be even talking to BBC Scotland in light of the official ban and numerous articles over last 18/24 months?

BUT surely no-one from whatever camp/group/faction in this civil war should be even talking to BBC Scotland in light of the official ban and numerous articles over last 18/24 months?

One would think that but clearly the Easdales and/or their PR representatives thought differently.

But Imran Ahmed wasn't around Ibrox at the weekend so who told 'Gollum' that Walter was on 'brink' of quitting?

Frankie suggested that it was the Easdales, but why, what was the motive and what did they gain by doing so?

facebook or twittre??????, the rumors were there as soon as Green's announcement was made.

facebook or twittre??????, the rumors were there as soon as Green's announcement was made.

Rumours are always on twitter/facebook etc....slightly different to the lead football correspondent of national broadcaster appearing to have inside knowledge (again) of exactly what is happening within the club despite his organisation being banned.

seen there rob mcclean been sacked from bbc maybe cuts maybe because he talks utter pish.

He is freelance and bbc didnt renew his contract . Thats what Rob will say , but we know he was sacked for being a useless sports presenter . He might get a gig narrating Rangers dvd's again !

seen there rob mcclean been sacked from bbc maybe cuts maybe because he talks utter pish.

Well in all the doom and gloom this cheered me up. This Rangers hating scumbag is no longer sucking on the license payers tit.

I hope this is a sign of more job cuts in the BBC :)

Ahmad, was supposedly the one leaking stories from Ibrox, (allegedly) .