Scroooge McColl attacks Charlie, rheb interview.

bawsburst

It is unbelievable that so many people cannot see the point here, have we learnt nothing from the White era? This isn't about putting money in, the money is there (at the moment) this is about getting people on the board that will have the clubs best interests at heart and not for personal gain.

When so many of the original investors, the manager, the chairman etc all voice their concerns over how the club is being run you have to listen. Why pay off CG a ridiculous sum of money to walk away when a) there is no need and b) once the right people are on the board that money can be used to take the club forward.

The battle has begun, look forward to more spin, conjecture, twisting of facts from both sides for another season, but people need to see through all that and face the facts.

I think the point you are missing is that people need to put money in to have the right to decide who goes on the board.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone else in the frame? Or were you meaning all those people lining up to help last year? Did you deliberately ignore the bit about being interested to hear what Frank Blin has to say? There are obviously things that need attention its the reason why CG has been bought back as a consultant. Maybe give him half a chance to do something rather than listen to a man who wants something for nothing and chooses to aims his ire at a man who hasn't been involved, day to day, for the past several months.

The people driving the share price down are characters like MM, McColl and PM. I wouldn't be at all surprised if its not them or their acolytes responsible for spreading disquiet amongst investors for their own ends.

CG is by no means perfect (he's from Yorkshire so just thinks he bloody well is) but he's done far more than any of those slinking around have ever done to help Rangers in our time of need.

A long winded reply for "yes I believe McColl and Smith are talking shite".

As I said I wish I could believe that it would make my life a lot easier.

Boooom Headshot, Green and his cohorts are charlatans who should be chased. For some reason the untermenschen seem to lap up the loudmouth Greens patter by the bucketload, he jumps on Sky news and people swallow it hook n line. this is about who and what is best for Rangers, and Mr Green aint it.

Whereas mccoll runs to the fucking daily rebel and were supposed to believe him

Except he does, how else is he going to get Greens shares. Try keeping up.

Wow.

Green is batting for 28% of the comapny, that leaves 72% either against him or neutral. He can't win. He can stick his shares up his arse for all the difference it will make.

i dont understand how he can take the moral high ground here - he says CG got the club for a knockdown price - which he did, but McColl had his chance then as well. He then goes on to say that the damage to the club could last decades, but again stops short of actually doing anything about it himself.

If he wants to "rescue" the club, then surely he has to do more than simply ask CG to give it up?

Also we keep hearing reports the club is in financial difficulties, but what has changed since December when the accounts were released? are we still loosing copious amounts of money a month and propping it up with the IPO money (which is finite)? if so we should have transparency on that (it will come out when the next set of accounts are released in September anyway) and then the people in charge of the club should be putting measures in place to remedy that situation as first and foremost we have to live within our means.

I dont see any answers to this from any of the parties - just a slagging match between sides

It's business jim but not apparently as you think others should conduct it, do as republican jim says not as he does. :cgreen:

Jim McColl, one of Scotland’s wealthiest businessmen, has sold ClydeUnion Pumps – the company that first employed him as a 16 year old apprentice – to an American group for £750m.

The deal with SPX Corporation represents a remarkable turnaround in ClydeUnion’s fortunes, four years after the industrial pumps group was created from the £45m acquisition of the struggling Glasgow-based Weir Pumps business. :matron:

Did I miss your explanation as to why there won't be an EGM and a vote?

Boooom Headshot, Green and his cohorts are charlatans who should be chased. For some reason the untermenschen seem to lap up the loudmouth Greens patter by the bucketload, he jumps on Sky news and people swallow it hook n line. this is about who and what is best for Rangers, and Mr Green aint it.

He was certainly what was best last year when someone was needed. Are you suggesting that whats best for Rangers is McColl and PM calling the shots to massage their egos?

I'd be happy to see Frank Blin on the board, given his business background, if there was any idea of what he plans to contribute when he gets there.

i dont understand how he can take the moral high ground here - he says CG got the club for a knockdown price - which he did, but McColl had his chance then as well. He then goes on to say that the damage to the club could last decades, but again stops short of actually doing anything about it himself.

This a hundred million times Cush.

Yep - thankfully we have real Rangers men waiting on these charlatans leaving who are ready to pile millions of their own pounds into the club..... or do we???

I think the point you are missing is that people need to put money in to have the right to decide who goes on the board.

The people who are asking for change have. Maybe not individually as much as CG but as shareholders by their very nature they have put money in. McColl / PM are not the only people demanding change, they are acting on behalf of several of the investors (enough to legally force this change) so to say these people have not put any money in is wide of the mark. As shareholders they are entitled to voice their opinion and effect change.

Actually they don't if they can muster enough of a % they can have a board placement, I will leave the name of Sunny Varkey for your perusal a good business contact some may even say friend of Charlie's, wonder who will hoover up the millions of available shares when released.

Full of contradictions and wishfull thinking. As for calling someone an opportunist, now there's irony, from one of the biggest opportunists on the planet. As I've said before, I know him through business and he is one cheapskate robbing bastard. Clever, yes, but wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. If I had the cash, I'd buy, so what is his problem? He just doesn't love the club enough. I would be very suspicious of anything this Mohican is involved in.

A long winded reply for "yes I believe McColl and Smith are talking shite".

As I said I wish I could believe that it would make my life a lot easier.

doh If thats what you think that reply said then I really give up. Yet another poster who isn't interested in debate or a different point of view.

Wow.

Green is batting for 28% of the comapny, that leaves 72% either against him or neutral. He can't win. He can stick his shares up his arse for all the difference it will make.

So he doesnt have to give them away for free then. Glad you can see that. Where did the 72% come from other than you making it up?

Did I miss your explanation as to why there won't be an EGM and a vote?

What explanation, I would only be wasting my time as you didn't even understand a simple posting, maybe try reading slowly. :thumbup:

ps how did you like republican jim's massive profit :matron::000000082:

They dont need to pay anyone to restructure the board only to have the required votes from shareholders. There has never been any mention of buying out anyone by JMC.

Surely the best way to get shareholder backing is to actually own the shares........

The people who are asking for change have. Maybe not individually as much as CG but as shareholders by their very nature they have put money in. McColl / PM are not the only people demanding change, they are acting on behalf of several of the investors (enough to legally force this change) so to say these people have not put any money in is wide of the mark. As shareholders they are entitled to voice their opinion and effect change.

Green is holding 51% through his backers. If they continue to back him, nothing changes, no matter how much mccock and mini wish for it.

In comparison to the average supporter it's about £ 600 that McColl has to spend of his wealth. That and Paul Murray being involved dont excite me. Why not just pay Green to fuck off, save the embarrassment in the media for the club and get his grand plan started.

Maybe cos he doesn't have a plan?

If this is the case surely they can allay fears and innuendo by stating who these supporters are, if they are so well placed and its a foregone conclusion the fans need to know who is acting on their behalf in such a selfless way.

So he doesnt have to give them away for free then. Glad you can see that. Where did the 72% come from other than you making it up?

He can sell at the market value, or for more if he finds someone mug enough. I made up the 72%? I didn't invent mathematics.

Green's cronies own 28%, so everyone else owns 72%. Glad to clear that up for you.

He can sell at the market value, or for more if he finds someone mug enough. I made up the 72%? I didn't invent mathematics.

Green's cronies own 28%, so everyone else owns 72%. Glad to clear that up for you.

But who do the 72% back, perhaps you can clear that up given your acumen.

Green is holding 51% through his backers. If they continue to back him, nothing changes, no matter how much mccock and mini wish for it.

Maybe, although mccock as you call him seems to think there is enough against Green's camp to force through boardroom change. In any case no investor is backing Green they are backing Rangers and backing Rangers to make them money. At the moment that is not happening.

But who do the 72% back, perhaps you can clear that up given your acumen.

I did say they were either against or neutral in my original post. McColl and co obviously have enough backing to enforce change without Green's backing. That was the point.