Scroooge McColl attacks Charlie, rheb interview.

bawsburst

I don't think he either does or doesn't deserve an inflated price, he can't be made to sell up the shares that he owns, regardless of the market value.

I don't mind people wanting good governance, but they are basically demanding he leaves despite not wanting to commit their own capital.

If it is proven that he is not running the company for the long term security of the club he should be removed from power and replaced. The company should be able to break even and be successful. Green can keep his shares for all I care but he is no more entitled to run the club than any other shareholder as things stand. Lets face it he might be a consultant but he is there for a reason. If this move has enough shareholder backing then the changes will be made and no one CG included has the right to prevent it. Or at least that is my understanding of things atm.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone still backing Green is a moron.

I'm still backing Green. TBK had their chance last year. They failed then and are now attempting to seize control without investing a penny!

This mob like the thought of courting themselves as the Rangers elite. They will pander to the media and allow our club to be walked over as long as they can swagger about Scotland lording it up!

Jobs for the boys?

Does anyone really think Charlie is going to let the club become insolvent? The reason he is back is to curb the over spending.

When the chairman,board members,investors and ordinary shareholders are "concerned" re the state of things at Ibrox then we must take heed of this warning.we are in deep trouble here.i have absolutely no doubt the alarm bells will be ringing in in the green/Zeus camp as we speak and and moves will be afoot to get as much of our money out as possible before an egm.if McColl and his lot come on board they are going to have to find investment quickly or it's back to last years scenario.

He said in his statement that the investors he has onboard will be willing to put in more.

He watched the club nearly die last year, and now all of a sudden he cares?

Nah pal, jog fucking on.

Did McColl, and Walter , not put a bid in to Duff & Duffer, last year that was higher than the Green bid, ? only to be told the deal with Green had already been given preferred bidder status. Now Charlie was still talking to Craig Shyte, at this point , and who brought in Duff & Duffer, and did he not have previous with them too. But Charlie dropped his pal Shyte like a stone when he no longer needed him. Charlie won't let any thing come between him and his money, Not friends,Not business, and certainly not Rangers.

Money talks, bullshit walks...... so far no money from McColl or the barren knights

:rolleyes:

Just fuck off, McColl.

What is £14m to the man McColl who's worth over £1,000m?? :lol:

These comments just show how unrealistic many on RM have become. It's as if we expect anyone with a bit of cash to just bankroll whatever needs to be done. Abramovich Stylee if need be. :D

Fact is McColl and anyone else are business men, they rarely if ever will pay more than the going rate for something especially when he has already made it clear HE DOESN'T WANT TO OWN RANGERS!!!!!!!'

What is £14m to the man McColl who's worth over £1,000m?? :lol:

He clearly wouldn't give Green a lick of his shite, especially when he doesn't need to. You think he got his millions by giving it away to cowboys like Green?

Does it matter either way if the club is heading towards more financial trouble?

Isn't the point here the club?

Yes it is which is why I mention the legality of the requirement of directors to protect the business, if as is claimed things are perilous they are obligated to speak out. I dont think they have done, so are complicit, they have access to specifics so surely they can state unequivocally what is wrong. Otherwise it may be surmised they are complicit by their omission or mischief making. You cant preside over a board then deny all thats wrong is nothing to do with you. Thats of course that there is something wrong at the magnitude people with loyalty to an external faction claim.

It is unbelievable that so many people cannot see the point here, have we learnt nothing from the White era? This isn't about putting money in, the money is there (at the moment) this is about getting people on the board that will have the clubs best interests at heart and not for personal gain.

When so many of the original investors, the manager, the chairman etc all voice their concerns over how the club is being run you have to listen. Why pay off CG a ridiculous sum of money to walk away when a) there is no need and b) once the right people are on the board that money can be used to take the club forward.

The battle has begun, look forward to more spin, conjecture, twisting of facts from both sides for another season, but people need to see through all that and face the facts.

Did McColl, and Walter , not put a bid in to Duff & Duffer, last year that was higher than the Green bid, ? only to be told the deal with Green had already been given preferred bidder status. Now Charlie was still talking to Craig Shyte, at this point , and who brought in Duff & Duffer, and did he not have previous with them too. But Charlie dropped his pal Shyte like a stone when he no longer needed him. Charlie won't let any thing come between him and his money, Not friends,Not business, and certainly not Rangers.

Put the Daily Record down

He clearly wouldn't give Green a lick of his shite, especially when he doesn't need to. You think he got his millions by giving it away to cowboys like Green?

Except he does, how else is he going to get Greens shares. Try keeping up.

Why do you assume by that I meant we go with McColl?

The point I'm making is can you simply dismiss it as the ramblings of an egotist? So many seem willing and able to do that. I wish I could, it would make my life so much easier.

We are seeing regular reports about financial difficulties and while we should always treat our media with caution, even disdain, sometimes you have to take notice.

Is there anyone else in the frame? Or were you meaning all those people lining up to help last year? Did you deliberately ignore the bit about being interested to hear what Frank Blin has to say? There are obviously things that need attention its the reason why CG has been bought back as a consultant. Maybe give him half a chance to do something rather than listen to a man who wants something for nothing and chooses to aims his ire at a man who hasn't been involved, day to day, for the past several months.

The people driving the share price down are characters like MM, McColl and PM. I wouldn't be at all surprised if its not them or their acolytes responsible for spreading disquiet amongst investors for their own ends.

CG is by no means perfect (he's from Yorkshire so just thinks he bloody well is) but he's done far more than any of those slinking around have ever done to help Rangers in our time of need.

It is unbelievable that so many people cannot see the point here, have we learnt nothing from the White era? This isn't about putting money in, the money is there (at the moment) this is about getting people on the board that will have the clubs best interests at heart and not for personal gain.

When so many of the original investors, the manager, the chairman etc all voice their concerns over how the club is being run you have to listen. Why pay off CG a ridiculous sum of money to walk away when a) there is no need and b) once the right people are on the board that money can be used to take the club forward.

The battle has begun, look forward to more spin, conjecture, twisting of facts from both sides for another season, but people need to see through all that and face the facts.

Try facing facts yourself. Green owns shares, he has to be paid for them, only retards think he going to donate them for free.

Money talks, bullshit walks...... so far no money from McColl or the barren knights

They dont need to pay anyone to restructure the board only to have the required votes from shareholders. There has never been any mention of buying out anyone by JMC.

If CG and his backers cant control what direction the club takes under a different board, then the influence they currently have is gone.

Try facing facts yourself. Green owns shares, he has to be paid for them, only retards think he going to donate them for free.

Lol :D

Green can continue to be a shareholder for the next 50 years if he likes, won't affect what's about to happen.

It's business jim but not apparently as you think others should conduct it, do as republican jim says not as he does. :cgreen:

Jim McColl, one of Scotland’s wealthiest businessmen, has sold ClydeUnion Pumps – the company that first employed him as a 16 year old apprentice – to an American group for £750m.

The deal with SPX Corporation represents a remarkable turnaround in ClydeUnion’s fortunes, four years after the industrial pumps group was created from the £45m acquisition of the struggling Glasgow-based Weir Pumps business. :matron:

Read the article. McColl isn't asking for his shares for free. He's asking that his people are removed from the board because it is his belief (and that all several of the original investors) are not running the club properly and if there isn't change we face serious problems.

Removal from the board and removal of shares are two entirely different things.

For someone so vocal these past few days you really seem to be confused. This will not be 'end of' It's just the beginning of a process that will see these changes made.

Green's will be gone fairly soon.

I do agree with that Ski Bunny - I cannot for the life of me see all that has transpired in the last few days coming to the sum total of the content of that statement.

If it is then a lot of people should be utterly ashamed of themselves/

Boooom Headshot, Green and his cohorts are charlatans who should be chased. For some reason the untermenschen seem to lap up the loudmouth Greens patter by the bucketload, he jumps on Sky news and people swallow it hook n line. this is about who and what is best for Rangers, and Mr Green aint it.