Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

The fact that's your defense shows you must have doubts about what your seeing too

What defense? That he turned the team round and dragged us back in to a title race, won the league cup and qualified from the Europa League group in first place?

I've doubts if we turn up with the same losers next season, I'm fully behind Clement getting his own players in and actually doing a proper pre-season.

1 minute ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

You’re trying to use examples of managers who’ve came into clubs and immediately improved them as a stick to beat Clement with.

I gave you an example of Clement doing that.

It’s perhaps a hint that the issue is mainly personnel-related.

He’s not done it here.

There is zero structure, Zero shape and no identity to his team.

We don’t press.

Patterns of play

Out of possession we are an absolute disgrace.

It’s 11 players on the park and at times our quality pays off but that, as we see and as we’ve seen previously wont work long term.

1 minute ago, Master_Betty said:

I don’t know how clement could have been expected to get any better a tune in out of this lot given that a) it’s not a great squad he inherited and b) it’s absolutely injury ravaged meaning the team has often picked itself based on who is fit and who has 30mins in their legs and can sit on the bench.

Given that he nearly turned that shit show into a title race is a success in itself.

I’m absolutely optimistic about next season under him based on what I’ve seen and will reserve any criticism until he has had a fair crack at it.

This bit is often forgotten.

How can Clement implement any kind of style when he’s not allowed any consistency when it comes to team selection?

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not talking about the bounce, he’s completely changed the way they play in a matter of months.

they’ve went from Hodgsons  stodgy tactics to 3-4-2-1

No pre season or new players needed - a manager stamping his style on his team.

He's currently, quite literally, in the middle of a new manager bounce with Palace. His tactics are working, but they've also had Olise and Eze available to him already more than what Hodgson did in just under a year.

There's also a humongous quality in difference between the 2 situations. Has there been many examples you can use that are closer to home for us? Who was the last Rangers or scum manager to come in halfway through the season with such a rotten squad and went on to win the league? Or does that no count? 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He's got one big game left then can reset over the break, looks like he needs it.

Come to think of it, wasn't Goldson dropped after the County game when he kept doing long balls?

Clement wasn't happy after the game with us going too direct.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What’s Koppen got to do with it?

Nothing much to be honest at this point:lol: but if we do go into next season and we're not flying he'll be getting shit as well.

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Guarantee you nobody will call for him to be sacked next weekend

And apparently the nonsense comparison is Postecoglu which is the one you brought up

Naw, there will be. 

The point I made with Postecoglu was to highlight big clubs don't just chop the manager after a poor start to the season solely because they're big clubs. 

Clement is starting to worry me. He's rambling some amount of garrulous shite and is making Pedro sound like Guardiola. He started losing the plot when Brenda started his mind games and is far to easily led by a bheast media that knows exactly the right things to say to him and ask him. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He's currently, quite literally, in the middle of a new manager bounce with Palace. His tactics are working, but they've also had Olise and Eze available to him already more than what Hodgson did in just under a year.

There's also a humongous quality in difference between the 2 situations. Has there been many examples you can use that are closer to home for us? Who was the last Rangers or scum manager to come in halfway through the season with such a rotten squad and went on to win the league? Or does that no count? 

Walter when he came back steadied the ship, sure we beat celtic when Adam scored the free kick and we all knew how the next season would go.

Closer to home, 2021 we got horsed off Hibs and Gio then took over and we got to Europa league final and won Scottish Cup by playing a style were we went man to man all over the pitch.

The scottish Cup Semi was a masterclass from him.

He was sacked 6 months after Seville.

Just now, Bristoe1872 said:

Clement is starting to worry me. He's rambling some amount of garrulous shite and is making Pedro sound like Guardiola. He started losing the plot when Brenda started his mind games and is far to easily led by a bheast media that knows exactly the right things to say to him and ask him. 

What shite has he rambled?

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s not done it here.

There is zero structure, Zero shape and no identity to his team.

We don’t press.

Patterns of play

Out of possession we are an absolute disgrace.

It’s 11 players on the park and at times our quality pays off but that, as we see and as we’ve seen previously wont work long term.

I think this is the case since around Motherwell, maybe even Benfica at home. Until then I thought we had decent structure. 

Could be misremembering because of how bad it's been since, but I go back to the Sterling, Cortes, McCausland injuries as being related to the drop off here.

Already outlined earlier that I think it's then on the manager to then find alternate solutions with those bodies missing.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Come to think of it, wasn't Goldson dropped after the County game when he kept doing long balls?

Clement wasn't happy after the game with us going too direct.

Said he wanted to drop Goldson before that but Balogun got sick and Davies wasn't anywhere near fit.

Manager hasn't been happy for a long time.

Walter when he came back steadied the ship, sure we beat celtic when Adam scored the free kick and we all knew how the next season would go.

Closer to home, 2021 we got horsed off Hibs and Gio then took over and we got to Europa league final and won Scottish Cup by playing a style were we went man to man all over the pitch.

Gio took over whilst top of the table and got battered in every league game off them.

Beat them home and away, Ehiogu goal.

Just now, AGM_72 said:

I think this is the case since around Motherwell, maybe even Benfica at home. Until then I thought we had decent structure. 

Could be misremembering because of how bad it's been since, but I go back to the Sterling, Cortes, McCausland injuries as being related to the drop off here.

Already outlined earlier that I think it's then on the manager to then find alternate solutions with those bodies missing.

The Sterling injury was an enormous loss, no-one can say otherwise.

Cortes also looked more than decent in the time we seen him.

McCausland is nowhere near good enough.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Naw, there will be. 

The point I made with Postecoglu was to highlight big clubs don't just chop the manager after a poor start to the season solely because they're big clubs. 

Postecoglu didn't have a poor start to the season. They dropped points in August when they still hadn't signed half their team and then once they were in and settled they didn't look back.

Clement has been in for 8 months now. 

And again, I'll keep saying it, nobody is saying Clement should be sacked. It's the principle of being able to point out issues vs those saying he can't be criticised for anything.