Lock'n'load Charlie Ready to Rumble

bawsburst

I back the guy who gave me and countless others a club to support when others waffled and shat it when money was called for, what's your excuse ?

I back the tens of thousands of fans who queued for hours to give the club their money via season tickets, bought football shirts and other club merchandise without a thought of what's in it for me. The fans are the true heroes and its ourselves who should be thanked for saving this great institution

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A plan to get as much money from us as possible I would imagine.

Can't see Green staying around for that board vote? Surely after last night, nobody will want to be associated with keeping him at the club?

To be fair, Green will still have some support on the board. I guess Saturday's match at Ibrox may determine if any vote goes ahead and what way.

"As regards Mr Mather it is clear he is confused and intimidated by the fans' robust actions. Perhaps he should return to a much gentler business atmosphere. As for calling a board meeting to discuss Charles, perhaps he should ask his fellow board members before pushing the panic button. Glasgow is a place for big boys not frightened wee laddies."

This statement confirms my view that Green now realises that he lacks sufficient support from the institutional investors to keep 'his men' on the Board. Craig Mather (despite being a Green appointment) has turned on him. The McColl camp always knew that CM was an important powerbroker (as well as holding more than 2% of the voting rights). The good cop/bad cop routine has worked a treat. McColl threatens to get rid of him in the EGM requisition notice; Walter resigns but tells the world that Mather is a good guy. The arm round Ally's shoulder on Tuesday provided a GIRUY photo that spoke louder than a thousand words. A deal will be done with the McColl camp within the next few days to avert an EGM and Green & his associates will quietly sell their 28% stake over the next few months.

I'm afraid I have to agree thats a shocker of a quote and totally disrespects Craig Mather in it. Not smart when Mather and the rest will be voting on his future at Ibrox soon.

I can see where he is coming from in this matter; a business can not have "an influential supporters group" more or less bossing the CEO and telling him what to do.

I back the tens of thousands of fans who queued for hours to give the club their money via season tickets, bought football shirts and other club merchandise without a thought of what's in it for me. The fans are the true heroes and its ourselves who should be thanked for saving this great institution

You me or anyone else wouldn't have had the opportunity if Charlie hadn't stepped up, unless of course you are going to rewrite history with if only.

What we, THE real Rangers people want, is stability in the Boardroom and to go to watch our beloved Club playing Football.

We, THE FANS, have stepped up to the mark, the Board HAS NOT.

EVERY Member of the Board, has made a total shambles of OUR CLUB in the last 6 months and IMO should all go.

What we need and want is stability, as this wrangling is only tearing the support apart.

I've been watching Rangers for 50 + years, through the good times and the bad times, but cannot remember such a disgraceful shower of children trying to run OUR Club.

I say this to the Board and to the TBK and the so called Rangers men, :- LEAVE and LEAVE now, so we can get a proper Board to take us back to the top.

I think it's quite interesting that opinions on RM seem to have changed on Green over the last week or so.

Seems to have went from understandable defence of the guy to the realisation that his position at the club is now problematic and worthy of challenge. Green's media reaction to last night's meeting didn't help - so I wonder what he and Jack Irvine have cooked up for today.

Hmmmm.........a Rangers employee (consultant/shareholder/whatever) using a PR guy to great effect.

Now there's a change.

We had an in-house (Media House?) one for some years under the leadership (no laughing at the back) of the Edinburgh charlatan and the busiest employee was the Media House tea-lady.

Green was paid a fortune to leave the club 3 months ago and he's now back as a paid consultant who deems it appropriate to get his PR attack dogs to start attacking club staff on his behalf in the press, but that's acceptable? Aye, righty ho!

Aye it's not like they spoke our against him eh?

Youre obviously just back from Mars and missed the onslaught against him.

I hope he knocks the shit out of these chancers looking to hop aboard for free and cash in

McColl is a Monaco based billionaire venture capitalist FFS

Wake up and smell the coffee

Most of those criticising couldn't run a whelk stall.

If Charles does end up as Chairman there will be a wheen of disappointed foam flecked swivel eyed loons trailing in his wake.

I hate the spite, stupidity and blind ignorance on display.

Twas ever thus on football boards.

Charles Green has been subject to a constant drip of hatred from so called Rangers men since the day he saved our club by bringing the money to the table.

Paul Murray, John Brown, Blue Knights, King, McColl, uncle Tom Cobley and all want to run this club by putting no money in.

Even our nine in a row hero Walter sits having cosy lunches with Keevins and other Rangers hating journalists and feeds them information.

Last night Green was subjected to another round of massive attacks. What is he to do, sit there with his mouth shut while people who have invested nothing slag him off?

Up to April Green was bringing money in left, right and centre. Since he stood down the money is flying out the door like snaw aff a dyke. We need him back controlling the purse strings and we need him back now.

Charles Green and the present Board are not fit for purpose the penny has dropped with Rangers Supporters the club is in trouble and needs a total clearout.

Brian Bowman

Bawburst do you think green deserves the salary, bonus and payoff he got from us?

The man who ensured the Rangers continued with our unbroken history deserves a King's ransom, some here have more time for those who shat it when money was required to be shown, yes he deserves every penny and a lot more respect than he gets. (tu)

Hmmmm.........a Rangers employee (consultant/shareholder/whatever) using a PR guy to great effect.

Now there's a change.

We had an in-house (Media House?) one for some years under the leadership (no laughing at the back) of the Edinburgh charlatan and the busiest employee was the Media House tea-lady.

MediaHouse have acted for a whole range of protagonists in this mess. They'll know more about it than anyone. :(

What we, THE real Rangers people want, is stability in the Boardroom and to go to watch our beloved Club playing Football.

We, THE FANS, have stepped up to the mark, the Board HAS NOT.

EVERY Member of the Board, has made a total shambles of OUR CLUB in the last 6 months and IMO should all go.

What we need and want is stability, as this wrangling is only tearing the support apart.

I've been watching Rangers for 50 + years, through the good times and the bad times, but cannot remember such a disgraceful shower of children trying to run OUR Club.

I say this to the Board and to the TBK and the so called Rangers men, :- LEAVE and LEAVE now, so we can get a proper Board to take us back to the top.

100% agree with every word

Brian Bowman

The man who ensured the Rangers continued with our unbroken history deserves a King's ransom, some here have more time for those who shat it when money was required to be shown, yes he deserves every penny and a lot more respect than he gets. (tu)

I can appreciate what he done for us when nobody else would step to the plate. I was more sided towards green till I seen all the talk of bonuses and the amount he got paid off last night. Strikes me as hypocrisy when Green has been going on about cutting down our costs.

Times running out for yer main man OP. take it that'll be you off from here when h goes? :rolleyes:

Where will he go though?

'I wasn't a fan of Coventry City before I got here, but it gets in the blood...I've always loved The Specials, you know, especially Darkie Golding on guitar'

Aye it's not like they spoke our against him eh?

Youre obviously just back from Mars and missed the onslaught against him.

I hope he knocks the shit out of these chancers looking to hop aboard for free and cash in

McColl is a Monaco based billionaire venture capitalist FFS

Wake up and smell the coffee

I can smell the coffee just fine thanks and it stinks to high heaven because it's been tainted by chancers like Green & co and Whyte before them.

Let's try to put our opinions on Green compeletely to the side for a minute though, ok?

The bottom line is that Green is supposedly now a hired consultant, right?

So what gives him the right to charge us for consultancy while also getting PR rats like Irvine to attack our senior club staff in the press?

Are you trying to say that's acceptable behaviour?

I know what I think and Mather is clearly in an awkward spot, but there's no way a consultant should be allowed to get away with that. No chance.

Fired. Done.

Again, you're not making any sense.

All I want is for Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge and any other untrustworthy leeches associated with them to be burnt of the club's back and sent packing. Rangers isn't a cash cow for leeches to suck the life blood out of, so we need to get them to fuck while there's still some life blood left in the club or else they'll bleed it dry.

Spot on mate, get the parasite hunted before he gets his teeth in