Best ever Rangers Goalie

stourloyal

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my time it has to be Billy Ritchie followed by Andy Goram then George Niven. As an aside as Roberts has been mentioned in goal, did George Young not take over from Niven inthe days before substitutes? Bet no-one tried to shoulder-charge him as was allowed in these days.

In my time it has to be Billy Ritchie followed by Andy Goram then George Niven. As an aside as Roberts has been mentioned in goal, did George Young not take over from Niven inthe days before substitutes? Bet no-one tried to shoulder-charge him as was allowed in these days.

I don't remember Corky going in goals, do you?

Niven was a very good keeper, played in goals for a good few years.

Goram by far. The best shot stopper I've seen in the flesh. He was a brilliant distributor of the ball for a goalie and underrated at commanding his six yard box. He made a few holwers at the start of his career, but after that utterly brilliant. Still remember the time when Walter put him up for sale for a short time (to give him a kick in the arse when his attitude was a bit askew) and being devastated.

Klos second. He was a brilliant shot stopper in his prime, but couldn't kick the ball out of his own box and wasn't great at commanding his box. Faded due to injury as well.

Woods next. Great all-round goalie and very close to Klos for second. Had the most presence of any goalie I've seen at Ibrox and was dominant of his box (apart from against bully boy Kenny McDowall).

McGregor next.