Flares and Streamers - Why?

SteveJ

It's a sad day when I wish to hide a bears content from my RM experience. You, sir, are a disgrace if you think that fan safety is of less importance than your ego or wish to bring a foreign culture that is unsafe in Scotland.

Safe in Italy, Unsafe in Scotland (Cause we love to greet aboot everything)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we must sit down, face the front and be quiet like it was before the Union Bears/TBO came along and Govan & Copland currently do ;)

:lol: fuck u, I didn't mean it in a bad way, this thread is about how shit throwing bog roll and flares about is,,, I know the majority of what they do is superb and long may it continue,,,doesn't mean they are perfect and cant improve...ditch the bog roll, megaphone and a few juvenile songs and we'll be alright

What do flares or smoke bombs do for the atmosphere?

A single flare or smoke does nothing for it, its looks ridiculous & endangers those around them, you are trying to emulate a different culture where this is acceptable, in stadiums where timber stands are present, it's not big nor clever !!

If you are man enough to bring a flare/smoke bomb to the ground, then be man enough to keep a hold of the thing and say "this was me" ... he fact that those who use them, immediately toss them as far away from themselves because they know they will be lifted & likely banned form the ground just shows how much a pussy they really are !!

This could be quite a serious issue Ace, especially as quite a number of these smaller grounds still have wooden stands.

Remember the Bradford City fire disaster.

:lol: fuck u, I didn't mean it in a bad way, this thread is about how shit throwing bog roll and flares about is,,, I know the majority of what they do is superb and long may it continue,,,doesn't mean they are perfect and cant improve...ditch the bog roll, megaphone and a few juvenile songs and we'll be alright

:moon: Och c'mon it's the younger generation having a bit of fun...I honestly cant see the harm. However i do understand the oldies wondering what the fuck they are doing as it's new to them but fuck it...time moves on and the oldies are scared to make any noise these days so fuck it let the new blood do what they want to do.

Safe in Italy, Unsafe in Scotland (Cause we love to greet aboot everything)

Safe in Italian Serie A, perhaps. Safe in Stranraer? If you think so, then you are off yer tits!

Also, can I ask how you feel it is safe or good in Italy? I have seen some Italian games and the flares stay well inside the crowd and go nowhere near the pitch. They do look pretty good, but safe is not a word I would use.

:moon: Och c'mon it's the younger generation having a bit of fun...I honestly cant see the harm. However i do understand the oldies wondering what the fuck they are doing as it's new to them but fuck it...time moves on and the oldies are scared to make any noise these days so fuck it let the new blood do what they want to do.

The ''Oldies'' are very aware of what they are doing because they've seen it, ate it, drank it, shagged it, bought the t-shirt. So gies awe a bit o' this fun you're talkin aboot and sing TBB cos fireworks and party poppers are borin the buns aff us ! (tu);):):sherlock:

Yeah i have more problem with grown men moaning like bitches on the internet.

Let us hope you are never ill and suffer from breathing problems. Wonder how you would feel if you had problems, and someone set off a flare right beside you.

Let us hope you are never ill and suffer from breathing problems. Wonder how you would feel if you had problems, and someone set off a flare right beside you.

I've got Asthma...I set of Flares at Creamfields last year...No problem whatsoever.

TBF dude, the Italians think scooters greasy hair and moustaches are a good thing too. Are you gonna copy that shit?

No but i do dress like Italians. Armani, D&G etc and Scotland would certainly benefit from copying the Italian dress sense instead of the ned trackie.

Hey, same here, I lit one at T this year during The Killers act yeahhhhh.

One difference.......I kept a hold of mine and stamped it out at the end,

I didn't throw it away while still alight.

You tuck your shirt into your underpants an all?

listening to the radio today it seems the filth were letting off flares and bangers, the commentator mentioned it in passing, however wee chick dung couldn't wait to break in to report fully on the fact that a flare had landed on the pitch at Stranraer.

There's no need for flares, the tims are stupid and think they're candles and we don't need candles

See this "we sing and set off flares so were better fans than those in the Copland" get that mentality to fuck, not everyone is a 15 year old who wants to bounce up and down and sing for 90 mins, the other stands sing when they want to, mainly during big games when there is something to get excited about, as is the same with places such as old Trafford, Stamford bridge, the emirates etc

A fine heading our way, no doubt.

Should find out who lit it and ask them to pay whatever our fine is. If they cant, ban them from the games. Childish behaviour.

This. Some people need to grow up and realise that their actions have consequences

Why the hell are some of our fans insisting on throwing these on to the pitch? What is it achieving?

Used to be a hoopy thing; remember thinking how scummy they were throwing bog rolls when they infested the Broomloan, now we see it every week from BF1. Then the scum started to bring flares now some of our fans think it is the way to go. Sad to see those wishing to emulate them.