Leading Rangers investor (Sandy Easdale): 'I am no gangster'

LeeWallaceRFC

What's wrong with that comment? Why does it speak volumes? Do you honestly think investors in rangers should only be looking for a pat on the back....we are a business at the end of the day and if we are successful and turning a profit he will make money in the long term! I'd see it as a positive he isn't looking to make a quick buck!

He comes across as another chancer out to make money from Rangers. It speaks volumes about the man and his so called Rangers credentials. We are a Scottish football club with a very limited budget and very limited revenue, every penny our club gets needs to be spent on the club and team n order to compete at the level our club and fans deserve, not on investors returns or bonuses for certain directors. When was the last time we made a profit? Once or twice maybe in the last 15 years? How lucky did we have to be on the field of play to turn a profit? Rangers don't do profit and certainly won't in the lower leagues either spending what we do.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He comes across as another chancer out to make money from Rangers. It speaks volumes about the man and his so called Rangers credentials. We are a Scottish football club with a very limited budget and very limited revenue, every penny our club gets needs to be spent on the club and team n order to compete at the level our club and fans deserve, not on investors returns or bonuses for certain directors. When was the last time we made a profit? Once or twice maybe in the last 15 years? How lucky did we have to be on the field of play to turn a profit? Rangers don't do profit and certainly won't in the lower leagues either spending what we do.

Lol you live in a fantasy land mate.....who in their right mind buys shares or invests in a club to not make money? Once again he is saying long term he plans to make money! I don't see that as a bad thing....for him to make money we need to be running at a profit and almost certainly be in Europe consistently....too many fans have this faulse perception that everyone who invests should be a rangers fan or only care about the club....what we need is businessmen who can steady the ship, develop our revenue streams and make us profitable in the long term....is easdale capable of contributing to that? I don't know but the comment you picked out is certainly not the terrible thing you seem to think!

Lol you live in a fantasy land mate.....who in their right mind buys shares or invests in a club to not make money? Once again he is saying long term he plans to make money! I don't see that as a bad thing....for him to make money we need to be running at a profit and almost certainly be in Europe consistently....too many fans have this faulse perception that everyone who invests should be a rangers fan or only care about the club....what we need is businessmen who can steady the ship, develop our revenue streams and make us profitable in the long term....is easdale capable of contributing to that? I don't know but the comment you picked out is certainly not the terrible thing you seem to think!

There is no need for that at all. I just don't trust the man. I believe our opinions are too far apart to come to any sort of agreement, we will just end up going round in circles.

As I said in another post think of the worst gangster you have seen on the news and times this pair by 100,there very smart and no one stands in there way! ... No one will invest while there at Ibrox.

No one will invest when the fans start a lynch mob every time they disagree with the board, based on a fiction fed by third parties!

As I said in another post think of the worst gangster you have seen on the news and times this pair by 100,there very smart and no one stands in there way! ... No one will invest while there at Ibrox.

Lol, so there is another Godfather in Scotland? :) That book I read is wrong.

The Easdales are quoted at wanting to cut costs, they are Rangers fans and they have bought shares while Billionaires haven't. Until someone proves otherwise, let them get on with their job.

I simply do not trust them. One thing I learned from the Whyte nightmare... don't trust people with a dodgy business record. Doing time for tax evasion is pretty dodgy by anyone's standards. I want the Easdales as far from our boardroom as possible.

Yet you would all have a sex wee if Dave King bought us, the irony.

I simply do not trust them. One thing I learned from the Whyte nightmare... don't trust people with a dodgy business record. Doing time for tax evasion is pretty dodgy by anyone's standards. I want the Easdales as far from our boardroom as possible.

i agree,very interested to see how it goes tomorow,will greens consortium back down and make some board changes to prevent an egm,or will they try to takeover the boardrom lock stock tomorow and try and ride out the storm,i think they will take the second option,i dont think green will let blin near the books.

Couldn't give a shit about his background and all the rest of it.

The fact is that he doesn't have anything like enough money to be the kind of guy we're looking for as an investor.

We don't need a sugar daddy, we need hungry businessmen running us as a business. It never worked last time, time to get with the times or we will never be what we were before.

We don't need a sugar daddy, we need hungry businessmen running us as a business. It never worked last time, time to get with the times or we will never be what we were before.

No, wee need a bit of a sugar daddy with real business sense.

You can't run a football club without some sort of firing cash in for the love of it.

Not in our position at the moment anyway.

i agree,very interested to see how it goes tomorow,will greens consortium back down and make some board changes to prevent an egm,or will they try to takeover the boardrom lock stock tomorow and try and ride out the storm,i think they will take the second option,i dont think green will let blin near the books.

Depends how much support investors have promised Green. Both sides will have been lobbying shareholders intensively to get an idea where they stand. I don't think a compromise is an option whilst Green is still with us. The board must sack Green first IMO. Saying that something pure fucked up and unexpected will no doubt happen, as it does every week.

No, wee need a bit of a sugar daddy with real business sense.

You can't run a football club without some sort of firing cash in for the love of it.

Not in our position at the moment anyway.

Well I hate to inform you all but noone is stepping up and playing, accept it. If McColl has a billion and is so worried about us he could buy the club with his interest and give it to fans. He has next to no shares whilst folk scrimped and saved before Christmas to help their club, fuck him. What right do these people have to take over a club without putting a penny in. The Zeus team stepped up and played and we are showing our thanks by assisting in a hostile takeover? Real Rangers Men were playing golf with people that despise us with all their pathetic life. Green and Ahmed have burnt their bridges, but they deserve a little fucking respect. Some have them down as the devil yet can't offer an explanation why. Mather put £1m of his relatively modest fortune onto our club and deserves the right to develop that ahead of snakes like Mini Murray, who causes nothing but disruption and just months ago belittled the actions made onto us by the football authorities and our right for justice. Mini wants back on the gravytrain, he can get to fuck along with his blogging groupies